Saved by a stranger

♛Monster♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

"Don't worry. I'll be gentle." He said and he touched the bandage lightly, checking on the bruises on my face.

His face was serious and somehow, my heart soared with every touch. He took a fresh bandage from the tray and started to peel off the one on my head. He moved closer to swab the yellow medicine and I hissed in pain. He blew at the wound and I felt my face turned hot.

Did he just.. blew my wound? He finished his worked in a few minutes and he smiled at me through out the process. I still looked at him, dumbfounded. Who is he? And why is he doing this to me? What happened on that night? He walked out with the tray and I touched my face, feeling the heat. He must had seen me blushing.

God… why did I blush? He walked back in, with the previous tray in his hand, this time, carrying food. Again, he sat next to me and fed me, like I am a toddler. Even though I could use the spoon, he didn't ask any question, but just scooping some porridge and give it to me.

I looked at his face until the bowl finished and he put the bowl on the tray and gave me a glass of milk.

"Wait" I tried to speak to him as I held the glass in my hand. He raised his eyebrow and smiled kindly at me. "Who are you? Where am I? Why did you help me? How about those guys? Did you get them? What happened that night?" I asked, trying to stay calm.

"Do you remember you name?" He asked back and I frowned. 

"Of course. Why shouldnt I?" I retorted back and he sighed in relief.

He looked at me worriedly, and put one of his hand on my shoulder. I flinched in pain and he pulled his hand away. There were stinging pain on that part, bruises maybe. I closed my eyes and sighed, flexing my shoulder.

"My name, is Choi Seung Hyun." He looked at my shocked face for a while and continued,

"This is my hotel room, and we are still in Phuket. I believe, some of the police will get into the case of yours. Nothing happened that night. You just um.." He stopped for a while.

"hit your head and fainted. On that time, I heard your screaming and I rushed for you. That is how you get here." I looked at him in doubt and I looked away, still didn't know what to say. He smiled and took the tray before walking out of the room.

"Who is he? Is it true? Nothing happened that night?" I whispered to myself and tried to remember the night it happened. I ended up clutching myself in pain and scared, out of an unseen entity. When I came back to my sense, outside had turned dark and I could hear the sound of the television outside. I walked out of the bed and saw a shirt, folded neatly at the end of the bed.

I was asleep when he came in. I took the clothes and found a door that led to a bathroom in the room, and I took a minute to look around, searching wildly before I became calm and finally, I could take my shower. After a while in the shower, I walked out, dried myself and wear the clothes.

Yup, the clothes were his. I smelled musk and wood as I put it over my head and opt to wear my own jeans, regardless of how dirty it is. When I walked out, I see he was already outside, waiting for me, while standing on the balcony.

"Are you okay?" He asked and I nodded absent-mindedly.

I remembered when he pulled me from making my leap of faith from the balcony. I walked next to him and looked out to the sky.

"Why did you help me? Why are you so kind?" I asked and he looked back at me. For a while, both of us were quiet.

"I just…. Think that I supposed to do so. I think that, maybe, someday I'll be in the mud like you, and well, a stranger will help me." He answered and slowly, he took my hand. I fought with my thought in my head.

Should I pulled it back and shoved him away? Should I yelled at him and get out of there. No. I let him took my hand and he led my towards the living room.

"You need to call your family." He sat on the couch and me, next to him. He handed me the phone and I finally realise that I am not alone in the world.

 

 

 

"Hello?" Another voice answered the call after I dialled the number.

"Mom!" I cried and I heard her frantically calling my father, telling its me on the phone.

"Are you okay? Where are you? What had happened?" I sobbed wildly that I couldn't answer her.

"I… got robbed." I stuttered and sniffed, when I felt a hand hugging my shoulder and he huddled closer to me, while patting my back.

"We will get there as soon as we can." Mom said and I try to stop my sobbing.

"No, no. I can't let you do that. I will go to the embassy and report the case. Okay? I am fine, I am okay." I replied and wiped my tears harshly. Damn, I need to stop crying.

"But.." Mom started to protest and I continued.

"I will tell you as soon as I get the things back, okay? I'll update you on everything. Just.. trust me." I replied and after a long silence, she answered.

"Okay. But keep me updated. Please. I can't bear having the thought of losing you. 3 days, you've missed your flight. We thought somebody kidnapped you!." She said and I startled at the amount of days.

"We will report the founding for you. The police had started searching. " She continued and I said my goodbye after telling her that I'll call her tomorrow. When I put the phone away, I finally realise that I was leaning on his chest, and his hand around me, with his chin on my head. I gave the phone to him and slowly distant myself.

"Why did she says I am lost for 3 days?" I asked him after wiping my tears completely. He looked at me and his brow knitted.

"You… are lost.. For those days. All you do was crying and screaming." I looked at him, surprised.

"I did?" I asked back. He nodded slowly and I stood up, before walking back to the bed room.

"We will go to your hotel tomorrow. We'll take all of your things and you'll stay here with me." He said and I turned to look at him and feeling burdened, I nodded.

"Thanks.... you.." I made a smile, and he smiled back.

I slept dreamlessly that night, and I woke up, with a single ray of light penetrated through the thick curtain. I got out of the bed and to the bathroom, cleaned myself and tied my hair into a high pony tail. Finally I realise how bad my face was. My eyes were bloodshot, my face was swollen and I see the corner of my mouth swelled, patched with bruise. My shoulder also had a large patch of yellowish bruise and I squinted when I saw bruise on my left abdomen.

For a while, I just stared at the huge mirror until I heard a slow tapped on the door and the man called out.

"Hey, breakfast." His voice muffled on the other side of the door.

I blinked away from my reflection and wore a fresh shirt. I walked out, and saw he was already on the round dining table, helping himself with room service breakfast. I sat and he poured tea for me. As I nibbled the end of a croissant, he looked at his phone and seemed lost in it.

"After this, we will go to the hotel, and take all of your things. Then we will go to the embassy." He said and I nodded.

"How do you know which country I am from?" I asked and he smiled kindly.

"The number you dialled last night." He replied and I nodded slowly. I don't really have the heart to go on with the conversation, but questions keep appearing in my head. After he started to continue his meal, I asked him, carefully.

"You are the one… in the diner, right?" I asked and he stopped for a drink.

"Yes. I guess, I might be some creep who disturbed you that night." He smiled placing the spoon down

"Is there anything that's bugging you?" He asked with a very deary tone.

"I just… before this thing went any further, you know, you, helping me, I would like to know who are you really is and how do you found me." I tried to make it looked strict. I certainly need to know, whether I'm safe, or just waiting for him to throw me into some slave pit.

"How can I trust you? As far as I know, you might be any culprit that was waiting to ship me to some slavery, right?!" I questioned him fiercer. I don't have any appettite on the breakfast, so I left it t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter