Minzy and Broken Hearts

♛Monster♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been long since I left Seoul, and I had just finished my examination. 

"Too bad..... You only have one year more to graduation." Mia called out behind me and I smiled. Mia was the bigbang fanatic friend who showed Hyun to me when I didn't know he is TOP. When she found out that I am engaged to Hyun, after the fan's rumour and announcement, all hell break lose. 

 

"Promise me, you'll make my TOP happy?" She pleaded in tears when we met in the class and I laughed out loud.

 

"I know... I'm just going to take a break, settle down, and then I'll continue with the study." I replied, while packing my things. I'm leaving the university for a while, so I had to pack up my stuff and move out of the dormitory. 

"We'll miss you." My friend hugged me and I hugged her back, before reaching out for a card in my desk. 

"Here." I gave he the gold embroidered wedding invitation. "Make sure you come, okay?" I asked and she replied, 

"Make sure GD-oppa do a performance okay?" I shrugged and laughed. 

"I'll make sure, if you come to my wedding, that I'll introduce you to Bigbang. " I promised.

 

 

 

"How's the list going?" Julia asked and I read through the planner. We were in my apartment, one which Hyun bought to be our marital home here in my country. I dont know how and when did he buy it, but it was pretty close to my university and it is in the middle of the city. The chilly wind of the night blew in through the balcony. 

"It's all done, I think." I nodded and she sat back on the couch and relax. 

"Urgh.... this is so tiring.." She whimpered and I smiled apologetically. 

"Well, you are the one who wanted to plan this with Qi and Hye Yoon." She shrugged and drank her Spirullina juice. I got around the kitchen, popping in our dinner into the oven and walked back to the living room, when Julia was already lying on the leather couch, looking at her phone. 

I looked at my planner in the laptop, as Julia scrolled through her Twitter. 

 

"When do you need to go back to Seoul?" She ask and I looked at her. 

"I dont know? I thought you know?" I asked back and she glanced at me, and rolled her eyes. 

"Yeah yeah. sorry. I forgot." She thought for a while and I pursed my lips. 

"You haven't bought my ticket yet, haven't you?" I asked and she looked away. 

"JULIA!" 

"Okay... okay.. I'm buying it now..." She replied and she her MacBook, to buy the airline ticket online, before she gasped and her face frozed. 

 

"What now?" I asked, while looking at the picture of my wedding dress that had been emailed to me. Late Grandma's Han hanbok was also already tailored, and it looked very elegant. 

I looked back at Julia who was still in disbelief. I pushed my laptop aside and got next to her, and she was reading a news,and my eyes caught on a sentence. 

 

"...... We would like to officially announce that 2NE1’s maknae Gong Minzy will not be continuing with the group....."

 

I blinked, once, twice, as Julia looked at me. 

"Minzy...." She said in disbelief and I looked back at her. 

"I think we both need to go to Seoul now." 

 

“He said he can’t live without me.”

“He said he loves me and he will never be with anyone else! HE LOVES ME!”

“Why did he choose you, a petty woman who has nothing, over me, who has been by his side ever since before he became TOP? Who is suitable for him, who understands his needs, who is more acceptable to be with him and not fending the fans off.” 

 

"Are you okay?" Julia asked and I snapped back to reality. I was deep in thought, having flashback of the night Minzy came to the house, and started to try to claim Hyun again.

"You phone is ringing." She said and handed me my phone. I looked at the caller ID and answered hastily.

"Hello?"

"Hey." Hyun answered. His voice shrouded my thought. 

"I'm going to Seoul." I said and he sighed. 

"You read the news?" He asked and I didnt answer.

"It's okay. You shouldn't." He said and I tried to talk back, but he cut me off. 

"The management is trying to do their best here. Okay? Take care of yourself. Dont fall sick. I love you." 

I sighed and nodded. "I love you too." and he ended the call. 

After a brief call from Hyun, I was stopped from going to Seoul. Even though the call was brief, but I understand. Stop. You'll make things worst. That's what he was trying to say.

Julia looked at my expression and nodded. 

 

"Let's go through the list again" She said, as if the news never came out.

 

As if Gong Minzy is not leaving 2NE1.

As if we are not to blame of her departure.

As if to ignore the fact that if this love is never to be, 2NE1 will still have her. 

 

 

 

 

I looked at the contact in my Whatsapp. going back and forth, whether to text the contact or not. The smiling profile picture made my heart yearned to talk to him. Text him or not? Text him?

I started to type, and I hit send, waiting for the double tick, to become blue. 

 

It's my fault, Isn't it?

The reply was simple. 

 

Can I call you now?

 

I was staring at the city lights, it was almost 3 am, but I am still up, talking to him. 

 

"I just can't help to feel that, it's my fault." I whispered desperately. 

 

"Belle. no one is at fault. Not you, not Seung Hyun, not Minzy." Youngbae replied, I can hear melody behind his voice. He said he was still in the studio, helping Jiyong to compose a song for their comeback.

 

"Do you think I should come to Seoul and meet her?" I asked and he sighed, 

 

"What makes you think you are the reason she left 2NE1? She wanted to be independent. Like Se7en Hyung. He's out of YG, but we are still friends. Not all departure from groups are sour, Belle. I'm sure Chaering, Bom and Dara knew and talked about this." 

 

"But I... I still feel that-" 

 

"Why? Why do you want to victimized yourself?" He replied and I was taken aback by his tone. "It's not your fault.Okay??"

 

"I need you to stop. Stop blaming yourself. Because I know what Seung Hyun sees in you. And I'll choose you over any women-" He stopped mid-sentence. I felt my heart skip a beat, and it became silent afterwards. 

 

"Y-youngbae..." I started to talk, but he abruptly trying to end the conversation. 

 

"Okay? So.. just focus on the preparation of your.. m-marri-wedding. Goodnight." 

I looked at the phone, in confusion. 

 

 

 

 

Few days later, I got a text, from an unknown number, but with a very familiar undersign. 

 

Belle, can we meet? I want to move on with my life. Please meet me at the japanese restaurant in your city? I'll be there in few hours time. Meet me at 8 - M 

 

I walked into the restaurant and was greeted by a waiter.

 

“Hi madam, can I have your name please?” He stood at a rostrum and I gave my name. As he checked the list, I looked around the place. The small waterfall behind the waiter concealed the dining area behind it. So, that people who walked around the mall, will not see the ambience inside, unless they dine in here themselves.

 

“Okay madam, follow me.” He lead the way and I followed him, walking passed the table dining area to a hallway of few doors.

 

He opened a sliding door and gestured me to get in, after taking my coat away, I walked inside the room and opened my shoes, before looking at the one who was waiting for me.

 

Her shoulder length straight hair and bangs were unmistakable, the difference is that, her eyes. The eyes that had always been sparkling with confidence and lush were red, and she had no makeup on, making her face looked gaunt.

 

“Minzy..” I called out her name and she was distracted from pouring more sake into her cup.

 

“Ahh.. you came.” She answered, drunk.

 

I shook my head, realising how stupid the idea was, and I turned around trying to  wear my boots again when she tried to get up, stumbling on her feet and scrambled on the floor.  I have no choice but to pulled her up, and helped her sat down.

She grinned at me, as if there were no hatred between us and continue drinking.

 

I sat in front of her,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter