Black Birthday

♛Monster♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How's the application?" My older brother asked. It's been a while since I met him and I smiled. 

"The Dean accepted it. I'll be ending this semester, till January and I'm going to have my break." 

He drove out of the university area and I checked my phone. The night was cloudless as we cruised through the empty road. I'm going home for the weekend, escaping all of the questions from my batchmates. Why did I stop my study for the moment? Well, I dont know if I can tell them the reason for now.

"So, how's the meeting with your fiancee's family?''

''Great. Too bad you cant make it and meet them." I replied and he hummed. Work. He had been burdened by works ever since he decided to work as a fire engineer. He hasn't even meet Hyun yet. But at least he tried to get to know him through Google and sometimes bugs me with inquiry. 

"I heard that s are here?' He asked and I frowned for a while. 'As in...Bigbang?

"He didnt tell you?''

''No,I think he expect me to know that." I answered and I checked the Twitter.

"For a press conference for Taeyang's concert. Right..." I nodded, scrolling throught the feed. 

"But I think it's going to be a short visit. So I dont think they wanted to meet me." I replied, thinking of how busy they're going to be. 

Youngbae, he is a friend. But Jiyong? we're not that close. 

"You going to the concert?'' We stopped at a junction and I pursed my lips. 

''Maybe. If Hyun's going." I looked at the clock. It's already 1 am and we were an hour away from home. 

"You did over-time huh?'' I asked and my brother smiled. "Well,where did my money will go if not for my family." he replied. 

Suddenly my phone rang and I frowned at the screen, looking at my brother. He peered and smiled. "Speaking of the devil"

 

 

 

 

"Are you guys in this together?" I asked, as my brother helped Jiyong into the car. Youngbae was struggling with Jiyong's fedora, trying to fit him through the car's door. 

"I'm so sorry." He muttered under his breath, tired. He hugged me, sweating and I patted his shoulder.

"You dragged him alone,huh?" I asked and he nodded. I looked around the empty road and shook my head. This part of the city is so dangerous at night. Thank god nothing happened. 

"The alleys are dark and confusing." He replied and my brother signaled both of us to get into the car. 

"Go on. Sit infront." I told Youngbae and he rushed to the front seat. I got on the back seat, with Jiyong breathing slowly next to me , unconscious.

"What did you guys do?'' I asked, as the car moved, and Youngbae took his cap off. "Where's your security guard?" I panicked.

"We got an after party. After the conference. " He started and I looked at Jiyong,who was nodding off.I scooted closer and pulled his head so that he leaned on my shoulder. He turned a little and leaned on me. 

"Then you guys got drunk?" I tempted to hit someone in the head.

"No...no. " Youngbae turned around and saw Jiyong rest his head on my shoulder. .

"You need help?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Rarely, we got drunk. We are...... used to the drinks." He admitted. "But, Jiyong got around a girl, and they walked out,.." 

"I chased him out when I realised he's not there. Found him in one of the back alley with the girl, I think they ate some pills or something because he turned this way and I needed to get him away from the press." 

"So,you called me." I pursed my lips. "My mum will kill both of you if she found out."

"Fair enough." My brother said and he made a U-Turn.

"Wh-what? What are you doing?" I asked, urgently.

"We'll go to my apartment. We cant wake mum up. Not like this." He replied, and I nodded slowly.  

 

 

"How's Jiyong?'' I asked as my brother walked out of the spare room. 

"He's asleep. He'll get a crazy headache after this, but then, he's okay." he sat on the chair, pouring a glass of plain water. He looked so tired, I can see his eyes getting red. 

"You must be tired. Go and have some sleep,will you?" I asked and he nodded, before walking to his room.

"If you or Tayeang got hungry,just go downstairs and find something at the convenience store." He called out before closing his door. 

I nodded, rubbed my eyes. I am no longer sleepy. And staring at the table top,before I heard the spare room's door clicked.

"he's okay?" 

"As okay as he's going to be tomorrow." He replied and sat infront of me."Your brother is a nice man." 

I nodded and hummed. 

"He is. You sure Jiyong is okay? Do you need to like... go to the doctor to pump the pills out or anything?" 

"Nah... He'll be fine. You'll be surprised on how he will be doing tomorrow." He said.

He checked his phone and I, mine. 

 

Please hit both of them for me. Sorry to bother you.

 

I chuckled and Youngbae looked at me. "Seung Hyun texted you?" He asked and I nodded.

"You told him?" 

"Nope.Must be the manager.I called him just now." I nodded again.

"They must be worried." 

"Huh. Jiyong... " Young Bae sighed and I smiled.

"You guys are very close huh?'' I asked and he smiled back at me.

"We are. He's like... a brother to me." He confessed and I turned around,walked to the freezer, trying to see if there's any drink to serve him. 

"We must have caught you by surprise." He mumbled and I closed the fridge's door again. "You have no idea." I replied and smiled. 

"Can you company me to go downstairs?" 

"What for?'' He asked and I grinned. 

"Food"

 

 

“You do this often?” Youngbae asked as I handed him the cup noodle.

“What?” I asked him again, as I sat next to him on the stairs, stirring my noodle, pretending I didn’t hear the question.

“Eating here.You always do it?” He repeated and I smiled.

“No.Not excactly. But I always spend time like this. “ I replied and he nodded.

“Loitering around?”

“Only if I have someone to company me.” I agreed to the statement.

“It’s been a while since I feel this way, eating ramen in the middle of the night in a convenience store. I used to do it with Jiyong.” He stopped, chewing the noddle.

“Time flies, isn’t it?” I held out my canned drink and he touched it with his.

“I like being around you too.” He said and I smiled.

“Well,thank you.” I replied and he smiled, his eyes squinted.

“seriousy. I’m REALLY hungry.” I said and he turned his body to face me, and we continued to talk, after we finished the ramen, we bought some peanuts and junkfood, and again, continue to talk. He told me about his life, how he missed the days he could walked around the street without the need to covered up, like in my country, his family and how he missed them.

“I guess you’re closest with Jiyoung huh?” I asked and he nodded.

“But I like Seungri too.” He added sarcastically.

“ Like…as in ‘like’ or…” I guessed and he laughed.

“Seungri is a grown man now. He’s so successful I can’t recognise him anymore.” He confessed and I nodded.

“You guys must be really close.” I asked and he drank his ice tea.

“Well… guys aren’t complicated, you know.” He said and I laughed.

“ I agree girls are a bit..” I nodded.

“ Hell, I miss everyone.” And I held his arm, patting it.

“ I’m sure you’re going to meet again soon.”

“Even when making the album, we didn’t see each other.”

I smiled encouragingly. 

"Next time, you come, we'll go out for some meal. My treat." He promised and I laughed. 

"Of course you're paying! You've put out your second album!"

"Hey,you mind if I ask something?" He asked as we walked to the elevator.

"Urm... sure."

We entered the lift and the lift moved upwards.

"That day. Remember the day you called me, when you're in Seoul ?" He asked and I stopped breathing.

"What....When?" I lied.

"You dont remember? The day we all gathered in Seung Hyun's apartment,celebrating you and he proposed you for real." He tried to bring that up again and I smiled guiltily.

"I..." I stopped as he held my wrist. I looked at him, my thought wrestles as to how am I ging to explain about Min Ho and Grandma Han.

"Hey. Dont sweat it,okay?" he smiled his small-eyed smile and walked out of the lift and to the apartment. 

"But one day,you must tell me." He said as he opened the door for me and smiled, agreeing to it. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I thought you're coming home last night?" My mother asked as I waved goodbye to my brother who was driving away. 

"Ah....It's too late and we dont want to wake you and dad up." I lied and pulled my luggage into the house. 

"So, I stayed in brother's apartment for the night." Mum nodded, satisfied with the reason and I walked up to my room, got changed and scrolled through my Whatsapp. Turns out Youngbae used Whatsapp a lot and I asked him to force Hyun to install the apps too, so that we can chat frequently.

There's text message from Youngbae. I smiled reading through his text. I like Youngbae. He's approachable and friendly from the first time we met. 

They are already on the flight by now, Both my brother and I sent them to the airport early in the morning, to avoid meeting any fans and the staff were already there, waiting for them. 

Jiyong's confused face when he saw me and Young Bae laughing quietly in the living room amused me. He kept saying sorry the rest of the way to my brother, who was 3 years younger than him. 

We bid farewell to those duo, and Jiyoung invited my brother to come to Seoul so that he can stay in his villa. My brother sm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter