Privation

♛Monster♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What have I done?” I cried and he hugged me tighter.

“It’s my fault… I’m sorry..” He kissed my forehead and I lean on his chest. I heard pain in his voice, and his eyes watered.

“I didn’t hear your calls. I’m sorry.’’ He said again and I sobbed harder.

"You left me alone" I hit him, as I cried. The pain, the humiliation all came in a flash, and I remembered as the people around the terminal lobby looked at me, as the girls started to tug and pull. If it's not because of the airport police, they might have stripped me down and there. "If it's not because of Jiyong and Youngbae...." I am lost at words. 

"I'm sorry.. Sorry." He whispered and I cried my heart out till it hurts. I stopped hitting him,my hands fell on my side, and Hyun held me tightly. My face was all wet, and I felt his shirt damp, from my tears. 

"It's done. We're done." I breathed. I am sure. This is the end of us. 

He pressed his chin on my head and sighed heavily. "No...no.."

He half pulled and half lifted me from the stair case and to the living room, where he set me on the couch, tucking my hairs to the back of my ears and wrapped me with a duvet cover he got from the bedroom. He lit up the automatic fireplace,and I felt the warmth. Turns out I didnt turn anything on when I got inside, and he rubbed my feet, giving heat to the stone cold feet. 

He tucked me under the cover gently and rushed to the fridge, taking an icepack and a glass of water for me. He give the glass to me and held the ice pack under my eyes. I squinted, as the pain stung.Both of us sit in silence for a while,as my anger subsided and he is holding me tightly, while holding the ice pack on my cheek.

"Belle." He called out, with hoarse voice.I opened my eyes, and looked at the wall clock. It's already 2 am. I sat straight, stretching my neck, and looking at him, his eyes red, and the ice pack had turned to water on the coffee table. 

I took a deep breath, and he carressed my face. It's not fair to blame him. I'm the one who was trying to give him a surprise which turned sour.

"Happy Birthday" I whispered, and kissed him. He was startled and he looked at his watch. 

"It's already the 4th?'' He asked me and I smiled, which caused pain on my lips. 

"I wanted to plan a surprise for you.. with the guys..." I sighed and continued, "Guess it's a real surprise huh." 

“What should we do now?” I asked and sat up straight again, looking at him. He looked back at me, his forehead creases. He held my cheek and nodded.

“We will go public.” He decided and I looked at him in disbelief.

“No… you will lose everything. You will lose your fan, your popularity….” My words trailed off as he kissed me.

After a while, he stopped and he stared at me. “ No, I will be more honest, and I will be more happy.” He said and I looked back at him, before nodding and hugged him again.

"And we're getting married too." He added and I nodded slowly. 

"And I actually had moved out of this house." He said and I held him apart. 

"Why?" That explains why the heater was off when I came in. 

"I.... sold the bungalow, and planning to rent this place out."

"And now? Where are you staying?" 

"In a house. A manor I bought outside of Seoul. Our matrimonial house." He whispered and kissed me. I was stunned with the fact. This was moving way too fast. It's like, his life is changing 360 degrees to accommodate me. 

"I love you. And I wanted to spend my life with you." 

"I'm staying here after the marriage?" I asked and he nodded."Of course. Where will you be?" 

"But... I am going to finish my study and work in my home country." 

He laughed at the idea. "Belle, you dont have to work. You're my wife." He said and pulled me into his arms,signaling the discussion is over. I frowned at the statement. What is this?

 

 

The next morning. I woke up in bed, and Hyun was no where to be found. I cleaned up and I got downstairs, opened the firdge door, and it was empty. 

"Ah..." I sighed, forgot that Hyun had moved out of this house. 

"Hey." Hyun called out, and I realised I had been staring at the empty fridge for a while. 

"Hey..." I went up to him and kissed him. He held up a plastic bag in his hand. 

"I bought us breakfast." He smiled briefly and put it on the dining table.

"Hyun..." I started talking, trying to clear up few things. 

He pulled the chair for me and I sat, and he took out the hot food out. 

"Jjajangmyun for me...porridge for you." He set the Styrofoam bowl in front of me and a bottle of banana milk.

"We thought of giving out the press conference. That is, if you can speak in the public." He said and I pursed my lips.

"Press conference?" I repeated the word slowly. This is so sudden that made it hard to digest. What about my family, who will be bombarded with questions? My life in the university? I got another 2 months to go before the semester ended. Can I face all of the people there?

"I dont know if we really need to do it....." I replied slowly and Hyun set his chopstick on the table. 

"Well, if you didnt call Jiyoung yesterday, and asked him to 'rescue' you....." He stopped, and drink his mineral water. "People wouldnt know about it,dont they?" 

"Owh, so it's my fault now?" I asked and he glared at me, before continue eating. 

"Finish your food." He told me and I laughed sarcastically. The pain in the corner of my mouth stung. 

"Really, Hyun? Come on. Tell me it's my fault. Tell me that I'm the one who  always gives out hint in talk shows and interviews that I am in relationship." I replied and I pushed the chair, took my coat from the hanger and stormed out of the door. I heard him calling out for me, with the tone people used when they gave up with someone's behaviour. 

I pressed the lift's button and waited, checking the hallway,maybe he came after me, but he didnt. I shook my head, in disbelief and the lift's door opened. 

"Belle?" 

 

 

"Sure you dont mind eating here?" Youngbae asked and I smiled.

"Thank you for the food." I replied, taking my coat off. The heater of the swimming pool floor was well regulated, that I dont even need to wear it, as Youngbae set out the food he brought.

"You..." He stopped seeing my red eyes. He set down the noodle infront of me and a side dish, something that looked like dried tofu on a stick. 

"I bought you the stir fried noodle... and the fish stick." He pointed out. "You might dont really get the taste of our food yet. So I figure why not find something international. But the fishcake is great. " He added and I took a stick, nibbling it.

"How's the bruises?" He asked and I  smiled. THe fishcake is very delicious. 

"It's going to fade soon." I replied and he nodded, gesturing me to eat my noodle. He doesnt even try to open up the question of why am I crying when he saw me at the elevator or why am I out of the room at this moment. 

Suddenly his phone rang. I realised that I didn’t brought my phone with me, and Youngbae looked at me for a while before answering his phone. 

"Yeah Seunghyun?" He called out.

"Yup she's with me. " I felt the hair on my back of the neck rises. I think Youngbae saw my face changed, that he looked away and replied,

"Breakfast? Owh.... I dont think she wanted to. We were drinking coffee in the apartment's mart." He lied and I sighed thankfully.

'Thank you' I mouthed and he nodded.

"Yeah, we're going up in 10 minutes." He said and I stared at the table.

Youngbae ended the call and continued eating,like nothing had happened.

"Come on,eat.It's getting cold." He said and I smiled, tucked my hair behind my ears and started to eat.

Once in a while,  I looked at him. Beyond this leather jacket man with scarf around his neck, he is very kind and gentle. Something that I thought was in Hyun. Am I rethinking the whole relationship of ours? I felt the pit of my stomach churned. 

 

 

"Why are you here, Youngbae?" I asked, as we descended to the house's floor. 

"Seunghyun asked me to come. Maybe he knew something might happened. " He stopped again, knowing he had reach the private matter boundary.

"Than

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter