Dear, neighbour

♛Monster♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was running, through a hallway, a long hallway, with junction and turns, I was running, with nowhere to go, and I didn’t even know the reason why I ran. Until I reach a huge door, with wooden carving on the surface. It’s a dead end.

I held my breath, before turning the knob and pushed the door open, with a loud creak. The light on the other side blinded me, and then, here we go again.

The huff of the man behind me echoed, as he held my neck tighter. I saw the police around us, holding out their guns, ready to shoot.

They hesitated. If they shoot him, I’ll fall with him. I looked around, as they all move in slow motion, and I felt the tug, as the man started to leap, with his eerie laughter. I heard a voice, calling him to stop, and a bullet dashed towards us, and I saw it went right next to me, with a thud.

I’m going to fall again. I’m going to die. I thought it had all ended. I am never going to escape this nightmare.

As my view changed, and I saw the sky above, I felt the waiter’s arm loosen, and my hand flailing upwards.

Suddenly, he caught my wrist, and pulled me away from the ledge. The police around us scrambled, and he pulled me towards him, and I held him tight.

 

“You’re safe. You’re safe.” He repeated, reassuring me, and caressing my hair. I buried my face in his chest, and smiled, feeling the tears falling on my cheek. And I closed my eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I opened my eyes and I am back on the bed, the slow droned of the aircond filled the atmosphere. I stretched a little and saw him in front of me, breathing slowly, and I smiled. It’s gone. The nightmare had ended for real. I pulled the blanket higher, and felt his hand on my waist. He ended up sleeping on the bed after complaining that his back aches.

I sighed and he moved a little, opening his eyes, adjusting to the dark.

 

“Are you okay?” He asked, lifted his hand away, and touches my face.

 

“Yeah.” I replied and I huddled closer. He felt my tears and he wiped it away.

 

“You cried?”

 

“Yup. But it’s nothing.” I replied and he put his hand around me, scooting closer. He hushed me and kissed my forehead. I felt his warmness crept all over me, as we touches. 

 

“I’m here. “ He whispered and I nodded, resting my head on his chest, as the cold night turned warmer, and the void in my heart started to fill up. I fell asleep as soon as he snored, feeling safe and secure.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next day, Hyun gets off to work, after having his breakfast. For the first time, I cooked for him. Even though it is just omelette and hot cakes, but I am really satisfied with the fact that we didn’t have to take away our foods anymore. Well, at least, he was happy. I spent the morning tidying up, eventhough there were no broom or dustpan. 

I remembered he told me that he got some maids coming over twice a week. Thus, he doesnt have to worry about the house. But still.... I didnt have anything else to do, rather than just pampering myself, sitting in the foam fill bath tub for hours with strawberries on plate.

Around 12.30 pm, I checked the fridge, trying to search for something to cook, as he said he will come back home for lunch. I guess both of us forgot that he didn’t cook at home, so the fridge only contains cartons of juices, a dozen canned beers and a suspicious container, wrapped in plastic bag, which turns out to be cabbage kimchi.

I was going to call him, to ask him to order our lunch, but suddenly it hits me. The building has a mart. I am sure they must have at least, canned food. After rummaging through the cabinets, I found an unopened packet of rice, and I cooked it in the rice cooker, which looked pristine and new.

I wore Hyun’s overcoat, which covers to my knee, to cover my yellow plain shirt and track suit, and pulled a snow cap on. I walked out of the house, with my phone in my pocket, and my purse, before entering the lift, to the Mart, Second floor.

The mart was small, and only 2-3 customers are in there, but luckily, it was adequately filled with household needs, ranging from vegetables to 'welcome' mat. I took a basket, and filled it with vegetables, frozen meat and dry ingredients such as garlic and chilies. I paid for the groceries, and the cashier greeted me with a smile, before walking into the floor lobby, waiting for the lift.

When the lift arrived, I got in, and pushed the button 23, thinking of what to cook today. I imagined his reaction, knowing that I am cooking, and grinned. “Hold the door please!” A man called out as soon an the door of the lift started to close. I pushed the open button and he walked in, taking his breath.

 

“Thank you.” He said and I smiled, looking at our reflection on the lift’s door.

 

“Owh, you already pushed my level’s button?” He asked and I looked at the panel.

 

“Are you in floor 23 too?” I asked and he nodded, grinning.

I nodded, and smiled, before looking again at the door. This men’s fashion is very weird. I thought to myself. Flower print white shirt and pink tight jeans. Along with a brown fedora and short cropped hair. I smiled weakly, trying not to show the thought

As the door opens, he allowed me to walk out first and the hallway diverged into two opposite directions.

 

“So… I meet you again, anywhere?” He said and I turned my head to look at him.

 

“Of course.” I smiled and walked towards Hyun’s house. Who is that man? I guess he might be someone like Hyun. Or maybe a fashion enthusiast. As I arrived in front of the door, I dug into  my pockets, searching for the card key.

After sitting on the floor, clawing through the purse, I realized I forgot to bring my card key as I walked out. I called Hyun, telling him I am locked outside and he told me to wait, as he was already on his way. I put the plastic bags next to the door, and walked back and forth, waiting for him.

After a while, fearing that the security will see me as an unwanted visitor, I stood up and walked back to the hallway, and pushed the lift button to go down.

 

“Owh? Hi again.” The man smiled and tugged my sleeve.

 

“Owh. Hello.” I replied and he stood next to me.

 

“Leaving so soon?” He asked and I shook my head.
 

“No… “ I laughed and he raised his eyebrow.

 

“I forgot to bring my card key out.” I grinned and he chuckled.

 

“ Really?” I nodded and he folded his arms on his chest.

 

“Yeah… I’m waiting for the other key, and my housemate is on the way.” I replied, pursing my lips. The air was filled with suspicion. I narrowed my eyes as he started to hum.

 

“Come, lets wait for your housemate in my house.” He pulled my arms and we went to his side of the floor.

 

“It’s okay..” I tried to pull my arm but he insisted, “No worries. I don’t have anything to do anyway.” We arrived in front of the door and he unlocked it, gesturing me to walk in first.

Different than Hyun’s house, his was the opposite side of Hyun’s concept, with grey curtain and black dining table, along with modern style furniture.

 

“Please, seat.” He motioned for me to sit on a couch, and he walked to the fridge, pouring coke in a glass and handed it to me.

 

“so, what’s your name?” He sat in front of me and crossed his leg,

 

“What?” I put down the glass on the glass table.

 

“Your name. We talked but didn’t know each other’s name.” He smiled and I stared at him, troubled. I was nervy as I didn’t know this stranger. And Hyun never mention about this man.

And here I am, in front of his neighbor. This man could be a paparazzi or something. The thing that both me and Hyun dreaded upon.

 

“I am Belle. Belle Atsumi.” I stuttered and he grinned, somehow I felt like it was filled with mischief.

 

“Lee Min Ho.” He extended his hand and we shook hands. I took out my phone and typed a text to Hyun urgently, praying he’ll realize the text.

 

 

 

I’m with your neighbor, Min Ho. Don’t know what to do.

 

 

 

“It’s very rare to see a neighbor.” He started chatting.

 

“Moreover, neighbors on the same floor. Since the building has only 2 houses each floor. And I know the owner of the other house. “ He folded his hand on his chest, again. I nodded. At first, I didn’t get what he was trying to say, but after he looked at me from top to toe, in suspicious, I finally got his hint.

 

“Who are you? How do you get in here? Did you sneak into the apartment?” His tone started to get firmer. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter