Not alone again

♛Monster♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What is this?" I asked Youngbae as he sat infront of me, setting a flight ticket on the coffee table. 

"You need it" He replied and leaned forward, resting his chin on his knuckles, looking at me. 

"Okay, I know you are mad. But... It's an accident. I fell asleep while taking my bath. How many times do I have to say that?" I asked and Youngbae still stared at me, no replies. 

I slammed my back on the couch, gave up trying to explain things. 

"The flight is tomorrow morning. I've got everything settled and it's a one way ticket. Until you feel like you want to come back, you can spend your time there." He said, with a straight face. There's no room for discussion.  

I sighed, "Why are you doing this? I dont need your pity." 

Youngbae shook his head slowly. "Because you are dear to me." He muttered, wiping his face with his hand, in frustration. 

I looked at him, appalled, as he continued, 

"You don't know how I feel when I saw you on the bathroom floor, holding you tight trying to wake you up. I feel like-" He held his chest. "My heart is going to burst out. I can't think of anything else but the thought of losing you...." His jaw tightened. 

I looked at him as the air turned cold and the silence was deafening. The cheerful Youngbae is not here. The man in front of me is tired. And I can see clearly that he is frustrated and out of option. 

"I beg of you. Just go." He whispered and I took the ticket, nodding slowly.

 

 

 

 

 

"Welcome to Hilton Tokyo. May I get your booking name?" 

"It's under Atsumi Bella." I replied, looking at the lobby of the 5 star hotel. Both Youngbae and I departed from my country this morning, as he took a flight back to Seoul, and me to Narita, Japan. A tourguide waited for me at the airport and brought me to the hotel.

"Here you go Miss. Welcome to Japan." The receptionist presented a key card to me, and I took it with a smile. I went up to my room and got in, taking my coat off and straight to the huge window, overseeing the buildings and lights of Tokyo City. The night sky greeted me and I touched the glass, lost in thought. 

Suddenly my phone rang and I answered, smiling. 

"How is the place?" Youngbae asked, music played in the background. 

"It's really nice." I replied. The icy cold demeanor of Youngbae thawed once we arrived at the airport and I checked in my luggage for my flight. 

"Dont do things alone, okay? I know Japan is relatively safe. But, with you, even the Godzilla will appear." He joked and I pouted. 

"Then? How am I going to go around? I'm hungry." 

"There's room service." He replied as a matter of fact. I tsked and sighed. 

"Thanks, Youngbae." I whispered, and the other side of the line is quiet. 

"I wish I can go with you."  He muttered

"You wish, bastard." I heard Jiyong's voice yelling from the background and I grinned. 

"It's okay. I'm not going to take too long. I'll be up and running before you know it." I replied. The doorbell rang and I frowned, looking at the door. 

"Someone  is at the door." I said and I heard a loud exhaling of breath from the other side of the line. 

"I'm sorry Belle. I had to." Youngbae said and I frowned, as I walked towards the door, peering at the peekhole. 

"No way." I muttered and Youngbae hung up. 

"Heyyyyy" Min Ho greeted as I swung the door open, looking at him with his black trench coat and luggage bag. 

"You kidding, right?" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"So, Youngbae told you what happened?" I asked as Min Ho started to thwirled his fork and took a huge bite of spaghetti. The room sevice sent our dinner to my room and I looked at Min Ho, thinking of how I have interrupted people's life and schedule. 

"He did." Min Ho nodded and I looked at him grimly. 

"Just so you know, he is wrong. It's an accident." 

Min Ho stared at his glass of mango juice and smiled sadly. " I hope so too."

"Why are you even here? I got my own back." I said, started to cut into my steak.

"I just happen to have some free time, and I figured that I supposed to be here for you." He smiled. 

I shook my head slowly. " Everyone is being too kind to me." I whispered. 

"Because we love you." He replied, confidently. 

"Yeah yeah right. Dont forget your way back to your room" I huffed. 

 

 

 

Both Min Ho and I were taken around Tokyo by the tourguide, looking at the shrines and theme park. Since Japanese wore face masks a lot, both Min Ho and I got around with no problem at all, and no one even look at him twice. 

I sat back as Min Ho went crazy in Akibahara, where he took his time strolling through the anime street, looking at figurines and cosplayers.

We also went to cute cafes and took our time in the fish market, trying sashimis and fresh fishes from the ocean. Everytime we did something new, I would snap a picture and share it with Youngbae, to show that I am really taking my time off and resting. Eventhough he apologized for telling (and persuading) Min Ho to join this trip, he never failed to ensure that everyday, I will receive a bouquet of roses with my breakfast.

As a result, my room smelled like florists and I pleaded him to stop but failed. For a while. everything is normal to me. Min Ho and I had fun, we went on rollercoaster rides and we played in arcades. 

Then, I heard a faint sound as we walked around Shibuya. The familiar music. 

I looked up towards the huge screen on a building, where the song Bad Boy was playing. 

One by one, the  familiar faces flashed by, until the familiar heart wrenching face appeared and I looked away, bile stucked in my throat. 

As the pedestrian crossed the gigantic crossing, I kept starring at the screen, lost as I looked at his face. That smile is fake. That serious face is fake. He is actually witholding his laughter. I can see Daesung's eyes twitched, a feature he developed whenever he wanted to laugh. 

I know everything. Under that icy cold demeanor, he is a sensitive, jealous man who is a brilliant and passionate lover. 

I felt my fingers trembled, as other pedestrians walked passed me, clashing my shoulder and rushing forward.

But for me... It seems like the world had stopped. 

"H-Hyun" I whispered, and my eyes blurred.  Drop by drop, my tears fell, and I tried to wipe them with my palm. 

My chest ache too much, that I clutched my coat, trying to claw it out, trying to give it some air. 

"I got you. I got you." Min Ho held me tight, as I swayed, tettering in anguish.

I collapsed in his arms, crying and he hushed me, slowly pulling me away from the crowd. The tourguide hailed a cab and Min Ho opened the passanger door for me, before entering on the other side.

 

 

 

 

 

Min Ho's Story

 

Min Ho looked at the sleeping face in front of him. How ironic that the song he once sang reminded him of her. 

He was talking to the tourguide while crossing the street, and he was sure Belle was beside him the whole time. They were going to a BBQ stall for dinner and Belle insisted on stopping by a 100 yen shop for a vase. The flowers delivered by Youngbae overwhelmed her room and she ran out of containers to put them in. 

The moment he got across the street, the tourguide looked at the screen, seeing Taeyang singing and by that time he noticed that Belle was missing. 

As the crowd crossing disperse, he saw her, on the roadside, eyes on the screen, dumbstrucked. 

"Belle!" He screamed, but he knew she will not hear him. Min Ho waited for the crossing light to turn green, trying hard not to just run out towards the traffic, to pull her into his arms.

He watched as she sobbed, and she lunged forward, in pain. He noticed his eyes prickled with tear, as he gritted his teeth.

Once the signal changed, he ran out across the crossing, out of breath and pulled her into his arms. 

She sobbed and he closed his eyes, knowing that he can not do anything to take away the pain. 

The tourguide, concerned looking at Belle, suggested for him and Belle to go to a clinic nearby, and they did. 

The doctor gave Belle a bottle of anti-depressant, with a very light dosage, looking at the history of Belle's medical record, the doctor was sure on giving her the medicine.

They went back to the hotel, where he tucked her to sleep and as she was sleeping, Min Ho sat next to her bed, thinking to himself.

"I don't know you were sick before."  He asked to the sleeping Belle. He lightly swept a stray hair from her face and smiled sadly. 

He missed this calm expression of hers. Spontaneously, he started to sing a little, whispering his own song. The one he sang as he thought of her.

"Remember how I used to love you. Remember my heart, 

Even after countless seasons come and go.

I will always be in the same place, I promise you. 

So you can lean on me and rest just like today, always."

 

 

After a while, Min Ho stood up, and turned off the main light, leaving the bedside lamp on and walked out of Belle's hotel room. 

As he walked down the hallway towards his room, he took out his phone and dialed a number.

 

 

 

 

Belle's Story

 

 

I woke up, blinked my eyes a few times and looked at my phone next to me. 

3.56 am

What happened? I sat for a while, closing my eyes as I tried to gather my thoughts of what had happened few hours back. 

Ahh....  My eyes darted on a familiar bottle of pills on the night stand. 

This again, huh? I asked myself and shook my head. 

I remembered the effect of the pills very well. The feeling of emptiness, like trying to recall something that you never have experience in the first place. The void. 

I got out of the bed, went into the bathroom and washed my face. 

Somewhere inside me, I know I had to move one. I can move on. I got these wonderful people around me. These people who will be sad if anything happens to me. I looked at the mirror and combed my hair. 

My cold fingertips grazed my cheek as I wore my mascara and eyeliner. I put on the boldest lipstick I had and a let my hair down, heavily blushing my cheek with peach pink blusher. 

With my purse and handphone in tow, I got into my mini dress and slim fit skinny tights, and black overcoat over it. 

 

"May I know the nearest bar around here?" I asked the front desk and the attendant smiled his routine smile. 

"The closest and still operating bar this hour is Ozakiya, a block from here. It will be closed at 6 am." He infromed and I nodded. 

"Just in case a gentleman came and asked me where did I go," I took a pen and a paper on the counter.  " Can you tell him? Here's my infomation."

"Sure Miss." The staff took the paper and I turned around, walking out of the empty lobby. 

The cold pre-spring air blew on my face as I walked out of the hotel. I don't know why I walked out. I feel like I wanted to do something. I feel like.... I need to feel something. 

I arrived in front of the bar, expected it to be blaring with noise but I was wrong. It is more like a place to hang out bar, American style. No jumping kids on the dancefloor, but the air is heavy with ciggarettes smoke. 

I walked do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter