The Atsumi

♛Monster♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You okay?” Qi asked as I buried my face in my hand, crying.

“I’m ed.” I whispered, voice cracking.

“Well… I don’t know about them, but I believe you’ve done nothing wrong.” She held my shoulder as she sat next to me.

After the big confrontation in the room, right after my mother yelled at me, calling me an embarrassment, my father fidgeted, and everyone’s attention diverted to him, as I sneaked out, covered in tears.

I sat at the other side of the building, trying to pull myself together, until I received a text form my sister, asking me where I am.

“I don’t know Qi. I know, it is wrong to fall in love, in mom’s eyes. But I really love him. I am in love with him.” I whispered, can't think rationally.

“You’ve told him?” She asked and I shook my head.

“I turned the phone off. I just.. Wanted to think.”

“Well.. “ She stopped talking and both of us stared into space.

“You want to go home?” She asked after a few minutes.

I looked at her gratefully and she smiled. “Let’s go. I brought my car.

“How about dad?” I asked and she pursed her lips.

“He was awake. Then he slept again. Maybe the anesthesia. But mum and others are staying. I don’t think you should. As of right now, maybe it’s best if you stay away for a while.” She suggested and I nodded, following her to the lift.

“Now, I know, I’m your little sister, but our is not much. I’m 18 and you’re 20… And I am undeniably more mature than you… So I deserve to know.” She started as we got out of the building onto the empty road. It’s already 2 in the morning.

“What?” I asked, felt my face swollen with all that crying.

“What the had happened  in your life? Those hotel s? Damn.. I didn’t think I even know you anymore.” Qi muttered, and I smiled a little, knowing that it is a big deal. And will be bigger if she knew I am engaged.

“Let’s make a hot mug of coco and I’ll tell you everything. From the start. I smiled and she looked at me and raised her eyebrows.

“Hummm.. Suspense…” She teased and I smiled, and thought to myself that this is the start to get back to reality.

 

 

 

XIXIXIXIXIXIXIX

 

 

 

 

“Yeah.. I wanted to take the week off.” I said, as the clerk jotted down my details.

“I will fax the letter today. Because of family matters. Yes, my father.” I said my thanks and hung up, back to my sister who was looking at me, with a suspicious expression.

“So, you’re saying… that the man who saved you in Phuket back the other day, is a celebrity in Korea?” She asked, sipping her coffee.

Last night, we crashed straight to bed, and I woke up, with the house empty, except for us, assuming that maybe the others haven’t got back yet… Or doesn’t want to come home.

“ urm…yup..” I nibbled the bread and she nodded, eyeing me in doubt.

“Well, I don’t know Kpop that well so, moving on..” She declared and I smiled at her statement.

“First question, what did you guys do, in the hotel?” She asked me, and I sighed, thinking.

“Nothing. We did nothing. Just chat. We wanted a place to chat freely, in privacy, that is the only place I can think of.” I replied and she sighed again.
“Well, that’s convincing.”

“What?” I asked, dumbfounded.

“Gosh, you have to have a very strong reasoning. I don’t think you wanted to be at war with mum and dad forever, right?” She asked and I sighed.

“How can you just tell them that? Who will they believe? Julia, or you?”

“I’m their daughter for god sake.” I cried in anguish.

“But you forget, you are already in trouble, Missy.” She said wisely and I shut my mouth.

“You need to talk to mum and dad, fast. I mean, before Julia came in and interrupted you guys again. I don’t know what will happen.” She muttered and I nodded.

“Why is she so mad at you, anyway?” Qi asked as she got up and opened the cabinet.

“I don’t know, she liked him so much, maybe?” I replied, as she took out a packet of instant noodle.

“A fan?” She asked, raising her eyebrow. I nodded and added., “ Hardcore.”

“Nah.. It’ll pass. It’s just in a matter of time.” Qi assured me and I smiled.

I suddenly remembered about something and I took my necklace off, as she was busy cooking the noodle. I looked at the ring and wore it on my finger, smiling.

“No way.” She said, next to me.

“NO WAY…” She gasped in excitement.

“Yes. That’s what I wanted to tell you guys… soon. In planning… maybe…” I thought to myself.

“This is ing serious.” She pulled my hand and stared at my finger.

“HE IS ING SERIOUS!” She screamed and pulled the ring out, in amazement.

“Woaah.. he must be really rich… and I can imagine him as an old man, with a walrus kinda face.” She said, and I grinned.

“Yeah… sure…”

“Hey, I wanted to meet him, you know…” And that sparked the idea.

“I don’t know… He’s busy… with the tour and such..”

“Well… how about if he explained everything for you. I mean, that will surely defeat Julia’s statement about you guys.” She advised seriously and I finally remembered that I haven’t contacted him after my brother’s call last night.

“Let me just ask him first.” I whispered, and she nodded, checking out her phone.

“And I’ll check on dad’s condition.”

 

 

 

 

 

I got up to my room and took out the phone, which was in silent mode, and there was two miscall, from him and a text of good night. The gooey feeling in my heart came back.

I looked at the wall clock and pushed the green button, waiting.

The person that you call is not available. Please-

I tried again, and it entered the same voice mail. After the fifth try, I gave up and took my shower.

What will he do when I asked him to come here, to meet my parents? I knew, he’s busy and stuff.. But will he say no? Will he be reluctant, and these things are only mere words?

I touched the ring reflectively and shook my head.

“No way.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey, how’s dad?” I asked, as my sister walked in.

“Fine. They’ll be home… tonight.” I nodded and bit my lips.

“How about him?” She asked and I smiled thinly.

“Not a word?”She asked again, lifted her eyebrows

“Nope. I guess, not yet.” I replied flatly and she nodded, took her handbag and walked out.

“Where are you going?” I asked and she stopped mid way.

“To the hospital. Mum called me. Plus, Julia’s there. I need to make sure things didn’t get worse.” She answered and waved goodbye before disappearing behind the bedroom door.

My heart stopped for a while, hearing the news. What else that she wanted? I held the phone tightly in my hand. Gritting my teeth.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As the day passed, I tried to get hold of Hyun, but failed, and cursed under my breath, depressed and frustrated.

“Hey, we’re coming home now.” Qi called me and my mouth hanged. I am really not in a good shape to face my parents accusing eyes as I looked out of the window, to my sister’s car, followed by my brother’s and surprise, surprise. Julia’s.

“Qi, just tell them I’m asleep, if they bothered to ask.” And I hung up.

I jumped on the bed, the night light, and closed my eyes., Trying to force myself to sleep at 7pm.

I didn’t know how long I’ve been trying, but then, I heard the door opened, and a silhouette got in, walking towards the bed.

She sat on the bed, and I squeezed my eyes shut.

“You are very bad at faking this.”Julia said, and I realized, I loathed her. Even hearing her voice made me sick. My heart beat so loud, it’s not a surprise if she heard it.

“It’s so like you. Having to hide when a problem came. Just like you. A manipulator, deceiver.” She spatted and stood up, walking back to the door.

“And…. I’m so sorry for your father. Gosh.. You are a very bad child, aren’t you. Poor Uncle Matt…” She whined and started to close the door.

“What the is wrong with you?” I whispered, hard, loud enough for her to hear, to stop moving out of the room and went back in, closing the door behind her.

“Owh, look who’s up.” She said cynically.

“Just get out of my life, Julia, if you hated me so much.” I said, sitting up, looking at her.

“Hurmh…” She sighed and touched her chin. “How about no?” She smiled and turned away, “Need to go. Dinner’s ready.” She said, with a hint of amusement and walked out of the room.

I  glared at the door, as if she was still there and clenched my fist. Rage filled my chest, and I could feel my eyes turned teary.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey,” I felt somebody shook my shoulder and I opened my eyes, and sat up. Seeing Qi in front of me.

“What?” I asked her groggily.

“Dad wanted to see you.”

“Wh-what?” I asked again, opening my eyes wide.

“Let’s go.” She pulled me from the bed, and I followed her, squinting as I went downstairs and walked into the living room.

My father was sitting on the wing chair, reading a book when he saw me, and he put the book down, as Qi left us alone.

“Sit.” He instructed, and I followed, my eyes wandering around.

“Your mother had already gone to bed. It’s just between you and me now.” Dad seemed to realize my anxiousness.

I nodded, slightly relieved with the info. He shook his head and looked at me, with a blank face. I couldn’t interpret it, either he’s angry or what.

“Dad… I…” I started. Trying to say something.

“You know….  This old man…. Is no longer healthy.” He started first, and stared at the ceiling.

“I can no longer stand sadness, frustration… This stupid heart can’t allow me.”

I felt my chest getting heavier.

“Taking care of you girls, really takes my toll…” He sighed and looked at me, before smiling. I frowned at the facial changes and he got up, before walking towards me.

“So, to have a man, to replace me. That will be…. What did you guys always say? A blast? Yeah. That.” He smiled, and I realized that the root of his hair had turned white, and his face wrinkles were deeper as he turned older. This old man… My old man.

“A blast. That’s in the 90’s dad.” I added, and smiled back.

“I don’t know what your mother thinks, but you will always be the best daughter for me. And also your sister. I can’t say you’re the only one, since she’s definitely eavesdropping from the start.” He whispered before pulling me, and hugged me.

I was shocked, that I couldn’t say anything. “Dad?” I pulled away and looked at him, raising my eyebrow.

“Ask him to come, and meet me.” He smiled thinly, before my tears burst.

“Seriously?” I asked and hugged him tighter.
“Thanks dad!” I whispered, and he nodded, “I can't take care of you till forever. At least, I know there’s someone for you. But he must pass my and your mother’s test first. To get my daughter.”

“But.. But what about your heart attack? Julia’s word?”

"Hey, I am old, young lady… that can happen anytime.” He smiled encouragingly, and continued.

“Besides, who is my daughter? You or Julia?” He asked me and I smiled. He wiped my tears with his thumb and kissed my forehead.

“I wanted to see you get married, while I’m still alive, and I need to know if the man is the man for you.. So you, young lady, need to bring him here.”

“Now, I can't say for your mother’s side, but really, I want to let this big butterfly of mine, roams free.” He ended the conversation before leaving me, sitting on the couch and into his bedroom.

I smiled, felt relieved, and touched. Even though I knew that the heart attack must; ve been because of Julia’s words about me, but he tries to get the guilt out of me, and I am grateful for that. I sighed and rest my head on the couch, staring at the ceiling.

 

 

 

 

XIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIX

 

 

 

I woke up, startled by the tone of my phone, ringing under my pillow. I rubbed my eyes, before taking it out, seeing the clock on the wall, 4 am.

“Hello?” I answered groggily, and a sigh of relief was heard.

“Hyun?” I asked again.

“Yah?! Why didn’t you answer the call?!” He asked and I klooked at the phone, confuse.

“Hyun… It’s 4 am… what do you want…” I replied, crossed. There was a silence on the other side.

“Ouh..” He sounded guilty.

“Ouh… I-I….”He was lost with words.

“Yes?”I asked, yawning.

“Why did you call me? I turned my phone off, since I was in the studi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter