Broken Truth

♛Monster♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

The street lights flashed as the car drove swiftly through the night. I kept sweeping my tears away with the back of my hand, looking outside the window.

After I tried to confront Hyun and Minzy, but Min Ho pulled me away, towards the lift and forced me to get into his car. I’m mentally tired to keep resisting, and I followed him, to wherever he wanted to go.

Min Ho too, was silence, out of words to say. Once in a while, he held my hand, but seeing my blank response, he removed his hands away.

When the car stopped, I opened my eyes, and saw the park that I went to yesterday.  Where I wished to watch the fountain with Hyun. Where Min Ho took me off my feet, and give me a peace of mind.

The car engine was still running and a handkerchief appeared in front of me.

 

“Here.” Min Ho gave it and I took it without a word, clutched it in my hand.

 

“Wipe your cheek.” Min Ho instructed., Turning his body to face me. I sat still, looking straight at the dashboard.

Tears dropped on my palm, as I thought about the scene. He kissed her. A betrayal. Happening to me.  No matter how many times I thought about it, I kept feeling a sick gripped in my chest. And I can't breathe.

The silent cry was the thing that really choking me. But I can’t cry out. Not in front of Min Ho.. Not in front of my own reflection. I was embarrassed with myself. Because, deep down, I can't hate him.

Suddenly Min Ho sighed and opened his door, rushing towards my side and opened my door, pulling me out of the car.

I swerved, unbalance and he pulled me towards him, holding me tightly to his chest, clutching my hair. I breathe on his suit, warm and safe.

 

“Cry. Cry as loud as you can.” He whispered, and I felt like I broke open, with his words, my tears pouring out.

 

“H- He was-“ I stuttered. Still sobbing.

Min Ho  placed his chin on my head. “Just let it out. Let it all out.”

 

“I loved him! I loved him so much that I’m going to be crazy” I moaned and cried hard. Until my eyes turned sore . Until I can't breathe for the hard sobs.

 He held me apart and stared into my eyes. I see warmness in him, I see he’s mad with this. With the situation.

 

“Why can’t he be like you?” I asked Min Ho and he wiped the edge of my eyes with his thumb. “Why can't he understand me, like you do.”

 

“Do you forget that I am a man? If you keep doing this, then, I don’t know what I can do.” He swept a strand of my hair from my forehead.

I closed my eyes and he pulled me closer, I wrapped my hands around his waist, hugging him back.

 

“Seriously, what did I expect?” I exhaled and after a while, the tears stopped, as if it was drained, and we stood there, waiting for my sobbing to stop.

 

“Can you walk?” Min Ho mumbled above my head and I let him go, nodding.

I wiped my nose with the soft handkerchief and walked with him.

 

“Around 20 minutes, the last water performance will be done.” Min Ho said and I nodded, awed.

 

“You remembered.” I whispered and he nodded. The sadness was swept away, as if all of the crying erased the pain.

 

“Well, you’re leaving soon. So… I need to spend YOUR time wisely, aren’t I?” He explained and I smiled a little.

 

“awwh… you shouldn’t have.” I said and folded my hand on my chest, feeling the coldness.

 

“Don’t.” I warned him, as he tried to take off his coat again.

 

“What?” He asked and he put it around me.

 

I took it off and gave it back to him.

 

“I don’t need this. Don’t be like this to me. You’re too kind.” I pushed the coat back at him.

 

“What? I’m hot” he said innocently and pushed the coat back at me.

 

“Min Ho..” I sighed…

 

“Plus, you’re too y, I can't bear watching you getting bitten by mosquito.” He admitted sincerely.

I blushed with the word ‘y’ and wore the coat.

 

 

 

We waited next to the railing of the river, facing the bridge. I can barely see the stars in the sky and sighed.

 

“Usually, there’s stars everywhere.” Min Ho said, realizing I was looking at the sky.

 

“Maybe it’s going to rain.” He predicted and I hummed in reply.

For a while, both of us were silent.

 

“Being in love… Surely is something.” I whispered, and sighed.

He nodded, and smiled thinly.

 

“Min Ho…. You are very nice. I am sure you;ll find someone you like someday.” I said, encouraging him to get out of the memory of his old flame.

 

“I think. I can start moving on now.” He admitted and smiled, looking at me.

 

“Really? That’s good.” I replied and looked around the empty park.

 

“I think, I’ve found someone I like.” He kept on going and huddled closer. I felt the hair on the back of my neck rises. Suddenly, I started to get nervous.

 

“It’s a bit nippy, isn't it?” I said, trying to change the conversation. I knew what he was trying to say. I chanted in my head, hoping that he wouldn’t say anything stupid. Not now, please, don’t say it.

 

“There is this strange girl, who always wanted to get mad around me when she don’t know what to do, who always panic all the time. She is the one I love.” He whispered to me as he turned to face me and I gulped down my saliva.

 

I turned away from him, and start walking when he ran up towards me, blocking my path.

 

“Move, Min Ho. Please.” I said, trying to run away.

 

“Why is it Seung Hyun? Aren't I more matching with you? I understand you. I adored you.” He desperately searched into my eyes.

 

“Min Ho…” I lost words.

 

“I-I really cant…” I tried to get passed him. “You’re my friend. This is not right.”

 

He pulled me by my arms and craned his neck closer.

I squeezed my eyes and tried to pull away as he planted his lips on mine.

He was kissing me, and I pursed my lips tightly.

 

Desperately, I tried to push him away, and when he stopped  forcing me, I lifted my hands and slapped him.

 

The slap was very hard, that I felt pain on my palm and his head was turned to his right on the impact. It was spontaneous, but I can’t contain my anger.

 

“I’m not some , that you can take whatever you want from me as you like.”

 

“I expected you to be my friend. What are you doing?!” I yelled and he looked at me, glaring at me.

 

“It’s better for you to be with me, than with that man.” He spitted.

 

“Wh-What? This has nothing to do with him. You know I can’t love anyone else.” I was confused.

 

“So? You are just going to forget everything, and act like nothing was wrong?” Min Ho asked and held my arm. I inched away, afraid that he was trying to force me to kiss him again.

 

“Being in love with someone, means that  you are ready to throw your pride away. Because nothing else matters. I- I will always wait for Hyun, even though he had break my heart. Because he owns it.” I looked away, trying to cover my sadness. My tone lowered and I looked at my feet.

 

“You’re wrong.” His voice started to slow down, as if he was whispering to me.

 

“Love doesn’t make you throw your pride away, it defends your pride.” Min Ho’s voice filled with regret. I felt my eyes hot with tears.

 

“So stop forgiving people easily, stop being a fool.” He let me go slowly, and I looked at him, as he looked away.

 

“Opened your eyes.” He took a deep breath, before turning around, leaving me alone on the paved road.

I watched as he got into his car and reversed, not even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter