For you its separation, for me its waiting.

♛Monster♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up, the last day in Phuket, and my last day with Hyun.

 

I remembered vaguely about last night. We went back to the room, late at night, we talked a lot and I couldn’t push him out of the bed, forcing me to sleep beside him, with lots of pillows in between.

I was expecting to see him, facing me, when I woke up. Movie-like scene. But to my disappointment, I was alone on the bed, and the room was empty.

I remembered vividly about our ‘heart to heart’ talk last night. He kept asking me a question and me too, as we took our turns.

“How old are you?”

“20” I answered and he gasped.

“You’re young…”

“Ow yeah? And you? 45?” he laughed sarcastically.

“Ouch….” He held the back of his neck, like he was getting a bad migrain.

“Aisshh.. I am 26… “

I grinned. “Well… you don’t look like one.”

He pulled my hair playfully.“This girl…” He said unsatisfied.

“Okay, okay. What do you do for a living?” I asked, took my turn.
 

“I work in a company.. Making billion of wons…” My mouth hanged.

 

“Hey, don’t be excited, billion of won… not billion of dollar…” He shook his head and I smiled sheepishly.

He looked at me for my answer, and I smiled.

 

“I am a bachelor student…” and now, his turn to look at me in surprise.

 

“Really? He asked. I’ve got a degree too.” He added and I grinned. "but it's not that great...." He continued.

 

"What??" I laughed at his statement. Come on, every one who has a bachelor degree is great. 

 

For a while, both of us were lost in words.. Didn’t know what  more to ask.

 

“So… Since we don’t have anything more to talk about… “ He started to crawl and pushed me on the bed, so that he was on top of me, hands on the bed beside me. I felt my heart beat faster and I bit my lips.

 

“Are  you ready?” He asked and I looked back at him, and I frowned. For?.... God... Is it what I think it is??

He kissed my forehead and rest his elbow next to my head, as his lips kissed mine, and I felt the room was spinning.

It is.... I held my breath and closed my eyes tightly as he trailed down on my neck.

Suddenly he stopped, and I felt the weight shift off, and he lay next to me, resting on his elbow.

“You have never done this before, haven’t you?” He asked sincerely and I felt my face getting hotter.
 

“I…. I have…” I lied and he smiled.

 

“No, you haven’t. I know it by the way you react.” He admitted and I looked away, trying to cover my embarrassment.

“You should have told me.” He said and I looked at him, turning myself to face him.
 

“I am afraid that you will be mad.” I confessed and he stared at me, and I felt as if his eyes can pierce straight through my skull.

 

“I will never be mad at you for this kind of thing. , is not the thing that I wanted between us.” He answered and pulled me into his embrace.

 

“I’m sorry.” I said, muffled by his shirt. He patted my head and we lie like in each other’s arm for a while.

 

“Of course... that will be in some time later…. When will you be ready?” He teased me and I pushed him away, kicking him.

 

“Okay, okay. I’m just kidding!” He laughed out, trying to shield himself from my furious kick with pillows.

After I stopped, both of us sat up again on the rummaged bed cover and I came clean,

 

“I don’t believe in before marriage.” He looked at me, didn’t believe what I had just said.

 

“Seriously?” He asked and I nodded, pulling a pillow to cover my face. Slowly, I felt he pulled the pillow towards him, and I opened my eyes, to see his face in front of me, and he steals a kiss from me, again.

This time, I kicked him hard.

 

“Ahhh.. You’re so cute!!” He laughed and I put my head in my hand, covering my red face.

 

That was last night. After much of hitting and kicking, we fell asleep, and I never felt safer with him next to me. 

I sighed and sat up, pondering and dreaming for a while, before shifting out of the bed. Last night was the first time I slept with a man next to me. In my 20 years, this is the first man, who steals my first kiss.

I put my feet on the floor and started to walk before I stepped on something soft.

I looked down and I saw him, lying on the floor next to the bed, sleeping in a painful posture, as if he had just been kicked out of the bed.

 

I should’ve told him I am a wrestler in my sleep.

 

I knelt beside him and nudge him slowly.

“Hyun…” I called out.
 

He wriggled a little and turned away from me.
 

I looked at him, my forehead creased. Then I got an idea. I bent down and whispered into his ears.

 

“Good Morning..” He turned and pushed me on the floor, before landing on top of me.
 

He grinned and stealed a kiss from me. I pushed him away, wiping my mouth and stood up, before running to the bathroom.

 

“Oh my!! Are you still shy??!!” He yelled out from the other side and I leaned on the door, touching my lips.

 

“That rascal.” I cursed slowly and smiled.

 

I cleaned up myself and while I was drying my hair, I heard his phone ringing on the other side of the door.

 

After a few times, the tone died, presumably he had answered it. Somehow, I felt uneasy, and my stomach churning. I felt like I forgot about something. I ignored the feeling and tied my half dried hair, before walking out.

 

“Hyun, I am done.” I called out and folded my used clothed, putting it inside my luggage.

 

No reply from him, so I thought that he was still on the phone. I walked out, seeing him sitting on the couch, staring at the phone in the middle of the table.

 

“Hey, go and take your bath.” I said, while walking to the fridge, took an apple and bit it. I turned around and saw that he was already in the bedroom, and went into the bathroom, slamming the door.

 

That’s weird. At first he was all that cheery, and now he turned sour. Who called him? I walked to the couch, assuming that maybe he was called from his office. Like last night’s call.

 

I touched the phone and sighed, kept forgetting that the phone has a maze lock and I put it back on the table. I looked around, thinking of the reason why his mood changed drastically.

 

Suddenly, the phone rang. I peeked at the caller image, and see it is anonymous. When I looked closer, I realized that it is my home phone number.

 

I picked it up and greet my mother cheerfully.

 

“Hi mom.” I said and her replies turned my inside into ice.

 

“Hey… I called this number just now, and the man who picked it up wasn’t friendly at all.” She complained and I looked towards the bedroom.

 

“What did you say?” I urgently asked her.  Now I remembered why I felt uneasy. Like as if there was something not settle yet.

 

“Well, I told him that I hope he will remind you to just go to the counter and gave your name and temporary passport to the attendant tonight. Why?” She finished her sentence and I turned my head and look at him, standing in front of the bedroom door, folding his shirt sleeves. His gaze was cold.

 

“Hey, I need to go, see you tonight!” My mom turned off the line and I stood up, facing him, who was still folding his sleeve.

 

“When are you going to tell me?” He asked and that sent chills down my spine.

I started to walk towards him, and he stared at me, making me stop and step back.

 

“What? You are going to run away, when I was asleep?” He said spitefully and I clutched my chest.

 

“No, Hyun. You get it wrong.” I tried to reason and he looked away, before walking towards the front door.

 

“Really?” He chuckled sarcastically.  My heart ache as he walked away, without giving me time to explain.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter