Trauma

♛Monster♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Along the way, he was still holding my hand, but both of us were facing in different directions, and when the driver asked questions, he was the one who answered it. I was amazed with the sea view, as we moved along a bridge, and then, towering buildings surrounded us. The pedestrian was sure a sight to see. Wearing colorful apparel, school uniforms, and buildings of shopping stores almost everywhere, I became thrilled.

Around half an hour later with a very smooth traffic,  the taxi went into another area, where the pedestrian is most likely none, and shining cars went passed us, high commercial building was substituted by apartments and condominium. Another turn, and the taxi stopped. Hyun signalled for me to get out first, and I stretched my arms, as soon as I stepped on the asphalt road, and looked at the building in front of me.

The smell of the water wafted into my nose, and I saw the river, right in front of the building. No beach though, but I smiled as it reminds me of the time we were in Phuket.

 

“This, is my house. “ Hyun walked up to me, with my luggage in his hand, and he pulled my shoulder, following him into a front door of the building. A guard tipped his hat and looked at me with curiosity,

 

“My guest.” Hyun said and the guard nodded. We waited for the lift, in the lobby, and I looked at the modern interior of the place.

 

“This place sure is great.” I whispered and Hyun took off his mask.

 

“God, that feels better.” He sighed, and put his shade in his pocket. I pulled the hood from his head and he ruffled his hair.

 

“You look better.” I smiled and he pulled me in, as the lift arrived.

 

“Floor 23” He said and I pushed the button. There are only 39 floors in the building, and I read the details next to the button.

 

Gym, Mart, Swimming Pool, Sport’s Court. This building has it all. With a ding, we arrived at floor 23.

 

“There are only two lots in one floor.” Hyun explained as we turned right.

 

“This side of the wing is mine, and the other is some other people.” He continued, and I nodded, trying to grasp at the penthouse concept of the building.

 

"But mostly, those who lived here is someone who wanted privacy, you know, like a businessman or politician.” We arrived in front of the modern silver door, and he put in his card in the slot, much like a hotel room. There was also slots for normal key.

 

"Or artists..." I chimed in.

 

He turned at me, and smiled.

 

“Don’t freak out, okay? It’s kind of messy, but…” He stopped and sighed. He opened the door for me, and gestured for me to walk in. "I dont have time to clean up, and the maid had quit..." His words trailed off. 

 

I looked around, totally dumbfounded and out of words to say.

 

“I just remodelled the house last year. I hope you are okay with my concept.” He walked behind me, and I nodded.

The wood floor changed the view from the hallway towards the house, which was totally white and marble finish, into a Victorian set of dining table, and antique fireplace.

 

“It’s like a doll house.” I whispered and he laughed.

 

“Come, I’ll show you around.” He held my hand, putting my handbag on the dining table and excitedly walking me to each section of the house.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I’ve finished unpacking my clothed in a part of the wardrobe which he had emptied out for me.

 

“Where did yours go?” I asked and he pointed to a door, which turned out to be a dressing room, with more clothes and shoes.

I shook my head, in awe and he grinned.

 

“You can take anything you want. If, there’s any that you are interested in. Most of them are free gifts from fashion designer or the company which endorsed me.” He held the door open and pointed at rows of hanging clothes, shoe rack, accessories.

I closed my mouth and nodded absently.

 

“This apartment is not my first house, since I already have a villa in Hannamdong.”

 

“Handom.... what?” I repeated the words, seemed weird on my tongue.

“It’s around here. But not exactly close. I feel like selling off the villa, since there are many people who already knew I was staying there, and I can’t even move around freely around the house. There are always people everywhere.” He sighed, closed the door and pulled my waist, walking towards a huge window.

 

“Seems like you really like privacy.” I replied and he nodded.

 

“That’s all that I wanted. Being at home, like a normal guy. I left most of my things there, as if I was still staying there, even though I had only lived there for a few months. ” He whispered, as I looked outside. The view of the river is breathtaking. He kissed my hair, and I pulled away, trying to avoid any intimate moment.

 

“There’s more of your stuff?” I asked and he nodded innocently.

 

“Yeah. My collection of figurines, my clothes, my car. It’s still in the villa.” I looked at the bookcase, half filled with figurines. I took one, and looked at the details.

 

“It’s pretty.” I whispered and he appeared next to me.

 

“Isn't it?” He took the figurine from me and placed it back on the bookcase.

 

“You can have everything. Everything but that. Please don’t touch it…” He pleaded, with puppy eyes.

 

“So now you are saying your collection is more important than me?” I asked and his face changed, obviously didn’t know what to reply.

 

“I understand.Now, I realize who I am..” I trailed off and walked away.

 

“Oh, fine. You already have me, and now you want the collection too. You greedy girl” He scoffed playfully and pulled my hand, forcing me to stay next to him, peering at the collection. I smiled slyly, and watched him in amusement.

 

“This one, I got in New York….” He started to tell me about the rows of figurines.

 

“I’ll buy you one later. I’ve already got something in my mind.” He grinned and I looked at him, terrified. Pushing him away, I cleared my throat.

 

“So, urm… “ I walked around, trying not to get too intense with him. Being with him alone in the house is bad enough. Now that both of us have feeling towards each other,wrong move will definitely break my ‘no premarital principle’. Even though I did try that in Phuket, which ended up eating me inside out of guilt.

 

 

 

“Are  you ready?” He asked and I looked back at him, and I nodded.

He kissed my forehead and rest his elbow next to my head, as his lips kissed mine, and I felt the room was spinning.

I closed my eyes tightly as he trailed down on my neck.

Suddenly he stopped, and I felt the weight shift off, and he lay next to me, resting on his elbow.

 

 

 

Just thinking of it made my heart beat fast and I felt my face turn hot, before I started to compose myself. I heard him clearing his throat and I turned,  

 

“Urm.. Hyun, where should I sleep?” I asked him, as he sat on his study table, at the corner of the bedroom.

The bedroom only has a king bed, his side of study table and chair, and a 3 seater couch next to the bookcase.

He pointed at the bed, and I swallowed my saliva.

 

“And you?”

He thought for a while, and pointed at the bed innocently.

I looked at him, in disbelief, and sat on the couch.

 

“I think I’ll sleep here, thank you very much.” I patted the couch and he smiled.

 

“It’s not even evening, and you already think about sleeping?” He teased. "Why... I thought you are innocent..."

 

I cleared my throat, uneasy. “ No, it’s just that I don’t want to be a burden, since I will stay here. So..” I trailed off.

 

“I get it…” He grinned, and behind his eyes, I saw the glints of evilness. He stood up, and started to walk towards me. He put his hand on my shoulder and his face got closer and I pulled away.  When I felt his breath on my face, I pushed his chest as hard as I could, and he fell on the floor.

 

“What? What are you doing?” I scrambled and ran out of the room, stomping down the stairs as I heard he laughed loudly.

 

 

 

 

XIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIX

 

 

 

 

He served the noodle that was delivered by a nearby restaurant to the guard downstairs, (and the guard brought it up, all in the name of security) on the table, and poured guava juice in 2 glasses.

 

“Why did you choose this concept?” I called out, wondering in the living room, peering at the electronic fireplace, that had been renovated into modern Victorian style. "I mean.. I always see modern concept for younger generation, or maybe zen. But that is it. Victorian style... Reminded me of my home, and my mum."

 

He walked into the area and pulled my hand. “Because, I like it. The feeling of exclusiveness, when you walk in here. I am used with modern furniture, life, everywhere I go, I am sick of being in hotels. That’s why, I change my place. So that I know, I’m home. Even my family's house is not using this concept. You see how old-taste I am??” He smiled.

He pulled the dining chair for me, and I sat down, as he sat across the table, enjoying the noodle. The smell was great, but I never seen this kind of dish before. 

 

“This is…” I looked at the bowl in front of me, with a side of something that looked like an orange.

 

He lifted the noodle with his chopstick, “Jjangmyun. It’s very good. Try it.”

I poked the orange-like side dish and stabbed it with one of the chopstick.

 

“That’s pickled radish.” He looked up, mouth messed with the black noodle’s gravy.

 

I smiled at the way he looked, and put it away. “ I see.” He stopped eating, and wiped his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter