Triple Lives

♛Monster♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" I dont have anything to talk about.'' I answered spontaniously, and Hye Yoon sighed. She shook her head and muttered  something to Hyun, before closing the door. 

I stared at the table for a while, as she sat again next to me, giving out a card key.

''He's going back to Seoul. He needed to promote his work. " She explained and I nodded absently.

''Then, let him go back. '' I replied, hurt. He came here, in a hurry to leave again. I was dissapointed.

''Belle-" Hye Yoon started to talk but I looked at her and shook my head, smiling. 

" It's his choice.'' 

 

 

 

 

 

"Where is she going to sleep?'' Mrs. Choi asked and I felt a tug in my chest.

''Seung Hyun already left to the airport. She can stay in his room. Right Belle?'' Hye Yoon looked at me and I smiled, pitying Mrs.Choi. 

''Yeah. Of course. '' I replied and Hye Yoon smiled back at me. 

''So, you guys are okay?'' Mrs. Choi sat on the edge of the bed, drying her hair. "Thank God. I knew he's a fool. But he will be a bigger fool if he lose you.'' She added jokingly. I felt the smile dissapeared from my face.

"Thank you,Belle. For being there." She said and I hide my remorse. 

'' It's my turn to shower.'' Hye Yoon announced and I picked up my handbag. 

''You're going to the other room?'' Mrs. Choi asked and I nodded, before kissing her cheeks and walked out, closing the door behind me, 

The card key felt hot in my hand. Can I bear it? Being in the room where his scent all over the place. I closed my eyes, before strengthen my will and looked at the cardkey, searching for the room number written on the key.

As I arrived in front of the room, I could smell his cologne,.inserting the card in, I opened the door, and walked in.The room was very cold,he didn't turned off the air-con and his smell lingered.I felt my chest got heavier as I walked to the bed, his side, like he always sleep on when I was with him were used, while my side was untouched. I sat, and felt the tears came. 

The feeling of love, that was once in my chest, was missing. Void. I held on the wall, as the feeling came back, my head turned heavier, as I sobbed. I'm so selfish, that I ignore everything. Just because he did what an ordinary actor do, everyday.

He once told me that his work will hurt me. And I said I am fine with that. 

The realisation of how stupid I am, surrendering to my ego and let him leave.Ignoring his 'sorrys' and pushed him away,when he brought his family to take things seriously. I pinched my nose bridge, and lay on the bed, closing my eyes.

''Stupid me.'' I muttered.

 

 

 

It's already 2 am,but I am still holding my phone, staring at the blank screen. Should I call him? I held my breath.Or just text him? Or maybe I should just....

I know,I am out of option.

I stood up, got out of the bed and walked around the room, balancing the probablities in my head. His family is here. We are REAL. We are together. We are going to be okay. I stopped next to the window, seeing the busy road. It's not just a boyfriend-grilfriend anymore. Our families had met. We are one step closer to marriage. 

Maybe.... I flicked the phone open and typed on Google. '' Choi Seung Hyun-'' My fingers stopped, as I thought again. Do I really want to watch this? But I need to know. I need to know whether I can still feel the same, still love him, after this.

''-Bed Scene'' I continued typing and entered 'okay' and waits.

Suddenly I heard a slow tap on the door, and I turned to face the door.Hye Yoon? I asked myself and walked to the door,before looking at the peek hole.Who's going to wander around at 2 in the morning? I asked myself, dreaded on the thought of ghost. I looked through the peek hole and my hand slipped from the knob. 

He took out another card key and put it on the slit, before the door unlocked with a click, and he pushed the door open. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I waited in the lobby, thinking. Belle refused to talk to me, but she's staying with Mum. Maybe they can get the sense into her.If only...I know this will be her reaction. I will find another way to get more money.

''Sir, The taxi's ready.'' The receptionist informed and I nodded, repositioned my face mask, before walking to the glass door.

''Is this only it, sir?'' The door keeper asked, pointing out at my hand bag and I nodded, getting into the limo cab. 

''Where to?'' The taxi driver asked and my phone suddenly rang.

''Hello?'' I answered, signaling the driver to wait for a while. '' Okay. Sure.'' 

''The Botanical Garden,'' I instructed and the driver nodded before driving away.

As soon as I arrived, I saw her, waiting outside the entrance gate, looking at her wristwatch. Paying the fee, I got out, and she smiled, seeing me. 

''Thank god, You're here'' She smiled and I nodded, before both of us walked into the garden.

''Why? '' I asked and she shrugged.

''Because I didnt want to see her crying again.'' Qi replied. I was out of words. 

''Seung Hyun...'' She started as we both found a bench and sat. 

''She... loves you very much. She never felt this way before. And she trusted you.'' 

''I know... but-'' I stopped as she continued. 

''If I am not in right mind, I will clawed you face right here. '' She muttered and I was stunned. ''WHAT THE HELL, MAN???' She started to pressed the tone of her voice.

'' Why the did you do it??'' 

I was surprised with her language, and stared to the distance, in silence. 

''Ever since you both met, she cried every night to sleep. She lived 3 lives at once. Her study, keeping secrets from the family, and in affair with you.'' She sighed and shook her head. 

''You know what? I think I should slap you.'' She started to flexed he fingers.

''Qi...Wait.'' I held out my hand, before sighing. ''Did it hurt her badly?'' 

Qi nodded glumly and I closed my eyes. 

''3 lives, Seung Hyun. 3 lives. Be sensible, will you?'' She asked, before getting up and started to walk away. 

''I promise. That it'll be better after this.'' I replied loudly and she turned to look at me, before waving goodbye. 

'' If not, you know I'll finish my job.'' She swung her hand left and right a few times seriously. before smiling, and walked out of  view. 

I sighed harshly. 

''What the hell are we doing Belle? '' 

 

 

 

I sat on the lobby again, for a while, thinking things over and over again. I felt my chest got heavier eveytime I thought of the teary face of hers. I texted Hye Yoon, realised that it was nearly 2,30 am. 

 

Is Belle still awake?

 

With no reply,I assumed that all of them already went to asleep and I went to the receptionist, asking for a spare card key, since mine was with Hye Yoon. 

As soon as I opened the room's door, I saw her, looking at me, a metre away. Both of us stood still, staring at each other. The air was still, and I felt the tension between us. 

''Will you close that door? It's dangerous wandering around this time at night.'' She finally looked away and turned around. I locked the door behind me, and I set the hand bag on the floor, before changed into my blank tshirt and checkered pants. 

Belle was already on her side of the bed, under the cover, and I sat, seeing her phone on my pillow.She was breathing slowly and I took her phone before the screen vibrated and came alive. I looked at the picture, that she had googled, bile rose in my throat, disgusted with my own act. I exited the Google screen and put the phone away. 

I lay down, and turned my body to face her, slowly touching her hair. She didn't moved away, and I huddled closer, feeling her breath on my face. 

''I thought you went back to Korea?'' She asked, still closing her eyes. 

''No. I want to be here to choose the wedding theme with you.'' I replied and her eyes suddenly fluttered open. 

''You..... Are you serious??'' She asked and I smiled, holding her closer.

''What? You think all of these is a game?'' I mocked her and she pouted, hitting my chest.

''Stupid Hyun.'' 

''Yes.. yes.stupid me.. '' I replied and she scooted closer, resting her head on my chest.

Slowly, I heard a sob, and I hushed her to sleep. 

 

 

I was surprised that he came back. I thought he was already on the plane. He too, I think, was surprised to see me in the room.I told him to closed the door coolly, and got on the bed, still holding the phone in my hand. I can't afford to fight anymore. I rested the phone on his pillow without looking at the search result and lay my head on the pillow. Maybe I should let this one go. If... If I didnt get hold of myself, how will I react if in the future there's a scandal or anything? 

After the talk, I rested my head on his chest, feeling his embrace, trying to ensure myself that everything's going to be alright, even though I knew many explanation needed to be done. But I decided to let go, and  I started to cry as he craddled me to sleep. It's been a while since we sleep with tension around us. Holding on him as if I will never let him go. 

I slept in tears again, today. But I knew I wasn't crying alone. 

The next day, I woke up, hearing Mrs Choi's voice. As I opened my eyes and I got up, the angry voice got clearer. 

''Why didnt you tell me you'arent going back? You should sleep with me!'' She cursed under her breath and I heard Hyun tried to calm his mother down. 

''Now what should I tell her mother? Now that you have slept together? God bless me and my stupid son.'' I walked to the door, revealing my self to them. 

''Mrs. Choi..." I called out and she looked at me, her expression soften. 

''You don't have to worry.. Seung Hyun slept on the couch last night.'' I lied and she sighed,in relief. 

''Good.'' She turned around, and reminded us that we need to meet my family again (properly, she added) at lunch. Hyun closed the door and I laughed slowly. 

''Look who has learn how to lie...'' He whispered in my ear and wrapped his hands around me. For a while, I was lost in the warmness, holding his face, looking into his eyes, before he said,

''You know you should get ready now. Mum said we'll breakfast together  in 10 minutes." I glanced downwards, seeing him already in his jeans and shave

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter