Au Revoir

♛Monster♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“God! Please, don’t drive illegally anymore.” I cursed under my breath as I took my wet stilettos off and he laughed. Both of us were wet, and I ran first to the bathroom to take a shower.

 

“Hyun, can you give me something to wear from the wardrobe?” I asked and he handed me HIS shirt and a patterned trousers.

I wore it and frowned at the design, as he rushed into the bathroom.

Don’t mind the shirt, it’s black and warm, but the trousers.. It got teddy bear pattern all over it.

 

“What is this?” I asked as he got out of the shower, and I was drying my hair.

 

“What?”

 

“This pants.” I pointed on the trousers.

 

“It’s cute.” He said, innocently. I rolled my eyes and walked downstairs.

 

“Hey-“ He called out, and I turned my head.

 

“You’re cute.” He teased and I groaned.  I looked at him as both of us smiled, each has a hidden inquiry to make.

 

 

I sat on the classic couch and pulled  a duvet cover on top of me, trying to calm myself. If it were up to me, I had already pushed him up the wall, choking the truth out of him.

But seriously, can I even do that without crumbling on his feet?

 

“Let’s play some truth and truth.” I said, he walked into the living room. I tucked my feet under the cover, as he lit up the electric fireplace.

 

“What? Isn't it supposed to be truth and dare?” He pulled the cover and sat next to me on the couch.

 

“This is my version.” I added and positioned myself so I was facing him.

 

“Fair enough.” He smirked and turned to face me.

I took a deep breath and stare into his eyes.

 

“Who is Minzy to you?” I asked and he was quite shocked by the question.

 

“Well, aren’t you blunt with the questions.” He smiled, guiltily.

 

“Hey, answers.” I replied seriously.

 

“Well, I owe you that.” He nodded guiltily.

 

“Hurmh..” He chewed his lips for a while.

 

“Nothing. I guess. I think she is like my junior, not more than that. Hey, you read the articles.” He replied and I nodded.

 

“But….” I was thinking of asking him about the act he had done, but I hold on for a while.

 

“But why are you being so close to her just now at the party?”

 

“Because I invited her, so I needed to treat her. Besides, you already have your ‘friend’ with you, which reminds me that it’s my turn now.” I sensed that he was trying to avoid my next question. He thought that I didn’t know about the kissing scene in front of the door.

 

I lifted my eyebrows and answered without listening at his question.

 

:”I treated him as a friend. Not more, not less.”

 

He nodded, seeming to be satisfied with my answer.

 

“Next, why did you invite her? Is it because you still have feeling towards her?” I asked daringly, he made a face and replied.

 

“She overheard it when I asked my friends out. You already knew them, Hyun Joong and Jae Joong.” He smirked, knowing I am out of question.

 

“So… it’s settled? You know I won't play with another girl behind you.” He asked and I hummed for a while. Maybe it’s best if I acted like I didn’t know that, right?

 

I mean, it’s settled. It’s there. It’s not like he didn’t run to find me. And evidently enough, she’s not here with him. It’s me. That’ll have to do.

 

“One last question.” I asked and yawned.

 

“How did I look tonight?” He smiled, hearing the question.

 

He thought for a while and smirked. “You looked like a queen.”

 

“Really? Aww… That’s so cute of you..” I replied and pinched his cheek hard, before running back to the bedroom. He yelled after me and I huddled inside the comforters, as he turned off the fire and lights downstairs.

 

“You want to sleep here?’’ I asked and patted the bed next to me as he closed and locked the bedroom door.

 

“Seriously?” He asked and I laughed.

 

“Don’t act like it’s a new thing for you.” I replied and he jumped on the bed, turning the lights off.

 

 

 

 

XIXIXIXIXIXXIXI

 

 

 

 

“You know, if it’s not because of your ‘principle’, I would absolutely not allow you to sleep tonight. Thy will have no rest. ” I whispered, and she rolled to her back facing me.

 

“Shut it, Hyun. Such an thing to say at this time of night.” Belle replied sleepily.

 

 “Belle?” I called out and she turned her head to face me.

 

“What is it?” She asked, and smiled. I pursed my lips for a while, should I keep it a secret? Or should I settle this now?

 

“I’m thinking how out first night will be.” I said spontaneously, and she groaned sleepily.

 

“Gosh.. Stop it.” She replied, and I am out of words to say. If I wanted to be clean in this relationship, I need to tell her. Besides, it’s not going to be THAT horrible, right? She might have forgotten it by now.

 

“That night. I did try to hurt you.” I confessed and I saw her face changes.

 

“What? What night?” My heart beats faster and I’m sure she knew what I was saying.

For a while, both of us were silent, and I could hear her rapid breathing.

 

“The night that you think it was a dream. I-I’m sorry, I really am. I thought it would be a way to cure you and- ” And I stopped, seeing her lips trembling.

 

She looked away, and stared at the ceiling.

 

“I… I guess I kind of knew that.” My heart felt like it was falling apart.

 

“You did?” I stuttered.

 

“Yeah I… I guess I was hoping that you didn’t do it. That it was all my own dream. And I can lean on you. ” She swallowed hard, her jaw clenching.

 

“Belle, I’m sorry.” I called out, almost whispering. She closed her eyes and rolled to her side, away from me.

 

“I’m so sorry.”

 

 She pulled the blanket to her ears, and lay still. I waited for her to reply, but I fell asleep, after a long silence surrounding us.

 

 

 

 

 

XIXIXIXIXXIXIXIXIXXI

 

 

 

 

 

Around 3 am, I woke up, unable to sleep with his hand around me. My feeling was all screwed up, that I couldn’t think the best reaction I should give. Should I be mad, because he had tried to make me think he me?

 

Or should I acted like everything is okay, since we are all rainbows and flowers?

 

I lifted his hand and slowly got out of the bed. I can’t think now. Maybe it is the wisest thing to do. And the entire unsettled Minzy problem arises, my throat tightened.

 

I touched the half wet dress on the dresser and smiled for a while. It’s such a nice time in Korea. I love this place. And

I love him. But I don’t think staying after he had confessed about the act is the wisest thing to do.

 

To screw up my feeling is one thing. To act like nothing is wrong. And I guess, my anger towards Minzy and him kissing still hadn’t faded.

 

I dug into my bag and held my passport in my hand, together with the plane ticket.

 

 

Departure: Incheon Airport. Sunday, 0900 hours.

 

 

I sighed and pulled  my luggage bag out of the wardrobe, and silently, packed my bags.

 

 

 

 

 

I got down and went to the receptionist, to call for a taxi. The man looked at me and frowned, at the fact that I needed a taxi early in the morning, but made the reservation nevertheless.

 

“Wait. Let me get something first.” I said to him and he nodded, talking on the phone.

 

I left my luggage and rode the lift again to the 23rd floor, and walked to Min Ho’s house.

 

I knocked on his door, hoping he had already woken up.

 

 After a while, with no reply, I turned the knob and was surprised that it was unlocked.

 

“Min Ho?” I called out his name.

 

The lights are all on, and I craned my neck to find him. I looked up the stairs and the door towards the bedroom was open. I climbed up, and slowly peeked inside.

 

There he was, my knight in shining amour, under the blanket, sleeping. I walked closer and touched his head. His lips were blue, and his forehead was boiling hot.

 

“You’re sick.” I whispered and I rushed downstairs.

I took a bowl of cold water and towel, and put it on his head. For a while, I sat next to him, wiped his face and neck, with a huge burden in my heart.

 

“How could you let yourself like this.” I mumbled and rested the damp towel on his forehead. He moved a little and I sat on the bed next to him.

 

“Min Ho… Mr. Lee Min Ho..” I called out “ Do you feel better?” I asked as he opened his eyes slowly.

 

“Belle?” He whispered and I looked away.

 

“How can someone, neglect his body until it gets to this point?” I started to nagged but I felt my voice trembled.

 

“Don’t worry about a guy like me.” He turned his head, clearly didn’t want to look at me.

 

“Who’s worried?” I asked again, and he tsked, before moving away and rolled to the opposite side.

 I looked at him, feeling my heart got heavier as I tried to talk to him. 

 

“I’m all right. So, you can go now.” He said, pulling the towel away.

 

“You can really say you’re all right in that state? You can’t even open your eye. ” I sighed, unbelievable.

 

“Seung Hyun will be worried. So just go.” He replied, and I closed my eyes.

 

“Did I say I was going to live here?” I started to get irritated. “Turn around! So I can change the towel.”

 

“Go. I said just go.” He commanded again, still refuse to move.

 

“All right.” I gave up. “I think your fever has gone down too. My flight is at 9 and I don’t want to be late.” I stood up, and walked, before remembering something.

 

“I know I said a lot of things last night, and I know I can't ask you to forget them. But… Just do.” I exhaled and started to walk again.

 

“Why?” He sat up slowly, groaning.  

 

“Because I don’t need your pity. I don’t need you looking at me that way, and tried to make me feel better with your act- like that.”

 

“W-what? Belle, I am glad you told me about all of that. It makes me understand… “ His tone changes and suddenly he was old Min Ho again.

 

“About how desperate I am? Yeah, I know that very well. Well, like I said, I’m late. So..”

 

I nodded and pursed my lips, walking away. Deep down, I’m waiting for him to call my name, but until I reached the front door, he didn’t even respond.

I sighed, turned the knob, and closed the door behind me.

 

“Goodbye, Min Ho.” I whispered, and the burden got heavier. So heavy that I couldn’t even breathe properly.

 

I went down to the lobby, the friendly guard tipped his hat for me and a taxi was already waiting for me. The guard helped me by carrying the luggage and I smiled at him. I reached into my hand bag and took out whatever Won I had, guessing that I'm not going to need them anymore and handed it to him. He was surprised and I smiled thinly. 

 

"Thank you. So far, you're the one who didnt failed my expectation." I whispered and he looked at me in wonder. I patted his shoulder. He took out something from his pocket and I frowned at the handkerchief. 

 

"Next time you came here, make sure you dont need tissue or handkerchied anymore." He smiled and patted my head. Suddenly, he reminded me of my father. My family. I smiled, and nodded. I waved goodbye to him and looked around.

 

The driver got my suitcase and put it in th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter