I can hear the bells

♛Monster♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Okay…“ I replied staying calm. There some shuffle sound from his side of the line, and another man took over.

 

“Hello? Yeah… where is your house?” The man asked. I stuttered for a while.

 

“My… my house?” I asked. There was a harsh sigh on the other side.

 

“Your place. Come on, this guy is giving me extra if I get to you in 15 minutes!” The man said.

I gave the hostel’s address and the man, I assumed that was a taxi driver, and he turned the call off. Okay… what should I do now?

 

As the fact dawns upon me, I scrambled on my feet and rummage through my locker, for anything decent to wear. In 5 minutes, I got on my pink blouse and black skirt, and some make up.

 

I ran through the empty hall, footsteps echoed through the way and there he is, in the parking lot, standing next to an ordinary taxi. His black hair looked darker than ever, and his long sleeve shirt made him as handsome as hell.

 But he wore a black shade, and mask, making him look like an ordinary man, walking around who has a very bad flu.

 

He held out his arms and I ran towards him, entangled in a hug, filled with my loneliness and longing for him. He kissed my forehead and open the door for me, and I get in, greeted by the driver.

 

“You made it in 15 minutes.” Hyun smiled towards the driver and he held my hand along the way. I rest my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. Just like we used to do. I smiled.

 

 “Right, to the hotel, sir?” The driver asked, as we got out of the gate of the university.

 

“Yes, please.” I replied and Hyun smiled to me.

 

We both got out of the hotel, and Hyun gave a $50 note to the driver, a very big amount of tips to the driver whom drove away with a grin. I looked at him, and under his shade, I can see his eyes smiling.

 

Suddenly, the matter of concert does not bother us anymore. The thing that is important is that, I found him and he me. But I do need to explain things to him. Lesson learnt in Seoul, don’t suppress any anger.

 

After he gave his wallet to me, he slipped away to the lift and I to the receptionist, where I book a room, for tonight.

 

“Single bed, miss?” The small receptionist asked, clearly looking out for Bigbang while working with the camera hanging on around her neck.

 

“Make it a queen bed please.” I said casually and pay for the over price room. She swiped his gold card on the credit card machine and gave me the keycard.

 

“Floor 34.” She smiled, half heartedly. I smiled back and can’t stand the temptation to ask.

 

“Is there anyone important here? I see a lot of people around.” I make a dumb look.

 

“Owh.. There’s this famous band from Korea, came to do a concert and stay here. But no worries. They are accompanied by their guards all the time and they are on the upper level, which is the highest floor. And they also use different lift, specialize by the management for them. So, you don’t have to be worried.” She smirked and I nodded, before walking away, hiding my amusement.

 

I texted him, telling the room number and get to the lift. Well, he might wanted to transfer from his room at the top floor to this room. I dont know. Sneaking out maybe? Goodluck with that. I smirked.

 

“Well, this is good.” I said to myself as I opened the room’s door. It is not as big as the one in Phuket, but it's enough for just one night.

I mean, what is there to do? It's not like we are going to walk around a lot. I the lights and walked to the bed, with white duvet on it and straight to the window. No balcony for this room, but the view is amazing.

I sighed and look out. To the world. To the real world.

Am I just.. Running away from the reality? Isn't it tiring to have a double life? As soon as I get lost in thought, the doorbell rang.

 

 

I rushed and opened the door, and he stumbled in, and closed the door swiftly behind him.

 

“I owed you a lot of explanation.” I confessed and he walked right passed me, sitting on a wing chair at the corner of the room, crossing his leg.

 

“Continue.” He said casually and I looked at him in disbelief. Just now, he was smiling and acting like nothing’s wrong, now he wanted to act formal with me?

 

I took a deep breath and started,

 

“My mother knew about me spending the holiday in Korea. And she was very pissed. I was grounded and well, Julia didn’t exactly makes things better. She said those things to my mother.” I chewed my lips.

 

“But then, she acted like nothing’s wrong with you last night.” I continued and he stared at me, without replying a word. After a while, he kept staring, and I pursed my lips.

 

“You know what? This is a mistake.” I walked to the bed and snatched my purse, before walking to the front door.

I twisted the door knob and suddenly, he pushed the door, refraining me from opening it.

 

“Everything is a mistake.” He whispered in my ear, one hand hugging my shoulder.

 

“But, I love these mistakes.” I closed my eyes, smiling.

 

I turned around and punched him. “Why do you have to wait until I started leaving before pulling me in?”

 

“Because I like it when you’re mad. I like everything about you.” He teased and I cringed at the statement.

 

He took me into his arms and we kissed, as if to erase all of the longing, I didn’t realize how long we were in each others embrace, before I realized I was already on the bed and he distanced himself from me, just enough for me to see his face clearly.

 

“I miss you. Every inch of my soul, after we separated, went with you.” He ended it with another kiss. I smiled and pulled him closer. His elbows were next to me, as he kissed me, being on top of me.

 

“What??? Is that a new lyric I haven’t heard of?” I asked and he grinned. I pushed his chest away slowly and we both sat up, I realized his mouth was smudged with red marks of my lipstick.

 

“I miss you too, Top.” I whispered, and his eyes widen when he heard that.

 

“Yah! Don’t call me that!” He pulled away and I pinched his cheek.

 

“Why? Do I sound like a crazy fan to you?” I asked and his face changes.

 

“Hey.. My fans are my life.” He started to look offended and I pulled him in.

 

“Okay.. Okay….” I realized that was a very sensitive matter and patted his shoulder. He pouted his lips and looked away, forcing me to kick him playfully.

 

 

We will both cherish what little time we have.

 

 

 

After a while, I stood up from the bed, let down my hair and went to the fridge and opened it, seeing canned drinks and snacks, and I took 2 cans of coke, before turning and seeing him laying down with hands behind his head, leisurely.

 

I passed him the canned drink and he opened it, and I sat on the bed next to him, closely, while he turned the telly.

 

“When will you go back?” I asked, resting my head on his chest. We were sitting against the head of the bed, and he kept sipping his drink.

His other hand was on my head, touching my hair slowly.

 

“Tonight.” He replied slowly. I felt my stomach fell into the bottomless pit, and I snuggled closer. The smell of his fragrance drowned me. He’s still wearing the same one like the first time I met him.

 

He sighed and I hugged him, not willing to let go.

 

“Well, the good thing is, we got the whole day.” He lifted my chin and stared into my eyes.

I smiled back, trying to cover my disappointment.
 

‘So, what are we going to do?” I asked and he grinned. I know that look.

 

“Well…” He moved and climbed on top of me, kissing me again. I rolled my eyes and pushed him away.

 

“Policy… the policy…” I reminded him and he pouted his lips. I smiled, feeling bad, but I really think I should stand by my boundary.

 

“Yeah.. Yeah..” He sat upright, his back facing me. For a while, I waited for him to react, but obviously he was sulking.

 

I poked his ribs with my finger, and he didn’t nudge.

 

“Owh… Hyun….:” I sighed and crawled behind him, wrapping my arms around his neck…

 

“Please understand me for this one, honey…” The name seemed weird, but it felt right. “Hmmh? Above all people, I hope you do..” I whispered on his ear.

 

He was rigid and I frowned. He kept staring at the floor and I too, craned my head longer, to get passed his shoulder, before gasping in surprise.

 

Seeing it, I stopped pushing around and turned rigid too.

 

I saw his cheek moved, as he smiled before I let his neck go and he stood up, with the ring on his finger, and he knelt in front of the bed. I was still frozen, on my knees, watching him, with only my eyeball moved.

 

“Belle, will you make me,  the happiest of men?” He held out the ring and without fail, catching my eyes with his intense stare. My mouth opened a little as I tried to grasp the condition.

 

“Will you?” He asked and  I felt my eyes stinging. I looked at him and clasped my mouth, tried to contain my screaming.

 

This is happening. It's happening to me. I can't hide my smile. But… I bit my lips, and I closed my eyes.

 

“But Hyun… I’m a nobody…  It’s not even a year we’ve been together. Are you sure?” I whispered, still in doubt, and his expression changes, with a determination in his eyes.

 

“That you want me?” I continued my question.

 

“Are you?” He asked the same question holding the ring in his finger, and I couldn’t even looked at him. I got down from the bed, and he stood up, standing in front of me.

 

“But I’m not at loss here.” I whispered, holding his face.  “You will be, Hyun. You can have any woman in the world. Artist, celebrity, model. Anyone. You named it.” I sighed, trying to make him think.

 

“Why me?” I asked, and stared at my feet.

 

He pulled my chin and stared into my eyes.

 

“You want a cliché answer, or an honest one?” He asked and I smiled thinly.

 

“Shoot both.”

 

“Okay, cliché answer, you are the one who loves me for who I am. As Choi Seung Hyun. Not as Top. And I love you for that.” He said flatly, and I raised my eyebrow.

 

“Honestly. I don’t care who you are, what you look like, how much money you make. I can’t eat beauty, live with money and play with status till I die. I wanted someone to go home to when I am down, To know that she’s there, waiting for me, and then be with me. To grow old with me and get my attention every time. I can’t let her go. Not yesterday, not now, not ever.”

 

I felt tears prickling as his head hung low, and I could see his eyes glistening

 

“Hyun…” I sobbed and he looked at me, his expression lit up. He straight away kneels down in front of me and my mouth curved downward, and I shook my head.

 

“I can't..” I replied, holding my tears back.

 

“What?” He looked at me, frowning.

 

“Why? Because I am a singer? Not a knowledgeable professor?” He asked abruptly. I stopped him with my finger on his lips.
 

“No… it's not about your job. I love you. I love you so much, and it doesn’t matter who you are.” I smiled slowly. His forehead creased until it formed a visible line across it.

 

“What I should say is, I can't… say no.” I laughed and he smiled, with a relief.

 

“Yes… Yes and yes… absolutely...” I cried and he stood up and I hugged him, nearly lifting me from the floor.

 

“I love you.” He whispered and kissed me, before putting the ring on. I looked at the ring and smiled. The first ring I’ve received in my life.

 

“I love you too.” It's really happening. I am somebody’s fiancée. He wiped my tears with his fingers and we kissed again.

 

We hugged and I looked at my finger. Again, the feeling came. Is this real? Or just my imagination? I’m secretly engaged, and he was my fiancée. I like it. But the fact that it was secret. I hold my thoughts, and swayed with the happiness now.

He pulled me back to the bed, and both of us sit, finger intertwined.

 

“This is an engagement ring, and now you are my fiancée. “ He stated and I laughed.

 

“Why do you have to state the obvious?” He grinned, and I smiled back, heart fluttered.

 

“You sure it’s not too fast?” I asked him again, concern that this might be a bubble, that will burst with time.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter