Lee Min Ho

♛Monster♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The coffee house, was situated next to the river, and as we walked in, the owner greeted us and showed us a table. Both of us choose our food from the menu and after the waiter had taken the order, Min Ho folded his hand on the table and lean towards me.

“Now. What’s wrong?” He asked, seriously.

I took a free piece of French bread cutlets and nibbled the end.

“Nothing.” I replied, making an innocent face.

“You know, how hard it is for me, when Seung Hyun came to my house and asked whether I have seen you?” He sighed, looking tired.

“I thought you were being kidnapped or something.”

I grinned.”Are you saying you are worried for me?”

He frowned and hit my temple. “Of course! You are my friend!”

I rubbed my forehead, gritting my teeth. “ It’s painful!” I hit him back, and we started hitting each other, kicking under the table.

“Chicken Risotto and Steak Frites.” A waiter suddenly came, and we stopped beating each other. As the waiter serves the food, I realize that I had taken the fight seriously, and his arm was red. I knew he didn’t hit me that hard.

“Sorry. I think I over react..” I apologize and his mouth curve upward, seeing I was looking at his arm.

“This? Then…. You owe me.” He said, and I groaned in defeat.

“Again? Are you a loan shark or something? Seriously.” I started to eat my meal.

“Are you saying you still haven’t  searched for me on Google.”

“Well.. I wanted to… but something came up..”

Both of us were silent for a while.

“Why did you run away?” He suddenly asked and I stopped chewing. His eyes were filled with worries.

“What? Pfft… I am not running away. It is so… not my style.” I boasted and he laughed.

“Really? So what is this? Staying here until the water fountain starts. And then?” I blushed.

When the waiter came again, bringing the desert, (Pavlova for him and cheese cake for me) we kept eating without a word, even though I always caught him smiling and stealing glances at me.

 

 

 

After he paid for the lunch, both of us walked outside, people walking around us, smiling and pointing. But none of them came towards him.

“Does everyone knows you?” I asked, glancing around. The park was not that crowded, but I felt a bit discomfort with people whispering around us.

“Maybe.” Min Ho answered shortly, but meaningfully.

“So, it’s 3 o'clock. You still want to wait for the water show or you want to talk somewhere else?” He stopped and I halted abruptly.

I scratched my nose, thinking.

“I can't go back. I don’t have anywhere to go..” My words trailed off.

“Min Ho… Can you bring me to the nearest travelling agent?”

 

 

 

 

“Why?” Min Ho asked as both of us were in his car, and he set up the GPS.

“I guess… maybe it’s time for me to go.” I faked a smile and he was stunned for a while.

“You can't.” He responded, without any doubt.

“Why can't I?”

“Because we already bought the suits for tomorrow night..” He pleaded and I shook my head.

“Right.. I forgot about that.” I admitted and he smiled.

“But still, I wanted to go to the agent.”

“WHY???” He asked, frustrated.

I looked at him, with a big question mark over my head. “How can I go home, if I didn’t book my ticket?!” I replied back, with the same tone as his question.

“Owh. Right.” He calmed down and I grinned.

“Okay… I promise, I’ll be there tomorrow. Sheessh.” I sighed and he beamed at me, driving away.

 

 

 

XIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIX

 

 

 

“Can I have a ticket , please?” I asked and the agent put out a calendar and time printed on it.

“Which one do you want to be in?” She asked and smiled, hand posed with a pen. I hovered through the date with my finger.

My heart was aching. And I can't breathe. With a smile of defeat, I pointed to a date. It’s time for me to go after all.

 

 

 

 

 

“You done?” Min Ho came up, right after I came out of the store. I smiled weakly and he held my shoulder, walking back to the car. I requested for him to wait in the car, and I might have been taking too long on choosing the ticket.

“So, do you want to go anywhere else?” Min Ho asked, as the car drove passed the busy road.

“I don’t know…”

“Still don’t want to go home?”

I shook my head slowly.

He hummed and nodded his head. As he drove, I took out my phone, which I had intentionally put in ‘silent’ mode.

30 miss calls and 27 messages. I stared at the screen until the car slowed down, and stopped. I looked outside the window and gasped, in amazement.

“Let's go.” Min Ho turned the engine off, and exit the car.

I opened the door and smelled the salt in the air.

“A beach. In the middle of the city. Who would’ve thought.” I whispered and looked around in awe.

The beach stretch out, lined with pine trees and I could see little kids running around with kites.

“It’s more crowded in the summer. But hey, it’s pretty.” Min Ho walked next to me and took off his shoe. I took off mine too, and he ran lightly towards the shore.

“Isn't this great?” He asked and I ran up to him, laughing. The wind picks up, and I heard the waves crushing the sand.

“It’s magnificent.” I responded and he smiled. We walked along the beach, until he found a huge boulder, on the shore, where he pulled me and sat on it.

“There’s the airport.” He pointed in a direction and I nodded.

“So this is like, still in Seoul?”

He grinned, “Yup.” I nodded and turned my attention to the children playing around.

Suddenly I remembered of the time in Phuket. Hyun ate his ice cream with joy, and trying to build a sand castle.

“Are you…. Okay?” Min  Ho started to converse and I gulped down my saliva. The question that I feared. I can’t control myself if he started to get all concern about me. I think I’ll crumble and break down here.

“Sure. Why not? Hey, we should go here again” I answered, trying to change the subject and my throat tighten. Please, don’t ask anything. Please, stop asking.

He nodded in reply and I smiled heavily.

I acted like the sand was more interesting than anything in the world, and silence filled the air.

“You love him. Don’t you?” My heart felt like it had folded and crashed to the ground. His words, even though it was like a mumbling, but it shook my earth.

“Sorry?” I asked, like he was joking. “What are you talking about?” I smacked his shoulder playfully.

“Stop.” Min Ho said, seriously and he stood up, walking a few steps away from me, his back facing me.

“I know it. I already know everything, SO STOP LYING TO ME!” He yelled, but no one else was there to hear his screaming but I.

Before I realize, my cheek was already wet of my tears.

“How?” I asked, still in tears.

Min Ho heard my sobbing voice and turned around, his face was shocked, maybe he didn’t think that by saying that will make me all teared up.

“Hey… hey…” He came up and sat next to me, holding my shoulder tightly.

“Why are you crying?” He asked, searching for my eyes and I rolled it, looking away.

“Come.” He whispered and hugged me tightly. For the first time, he hugged me, and I melted in his embrace. He was a very good friend. A man that I thought wrecked my life apar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter