Falling Away

♛Monster♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I got ready and in 10 minutes, I exited the apartment and locked the door behind me. I get down on the ground floor and hastily asked for a taxi from the receptionist..

Another call arrived and I answered in hurry. I walked back and forth in front of the entrance of the apartment, hands cold.

“Hyun was injured. Are you coming? He asked me not to tell you.” Daesung said and I nodded silently.

“I am on my way.” I replied and he hummed. ''Do you have the transport?'' He asked and I shook my head vigorously.

“Just give me the address of the hospital and I’ll be okay.” I trembled, as the taxi arrived and I got in, giving the address that Daesung had texted me to the driver.

“Daesung, I need to go now, just… don’t tell him yet. I’ll figure it out. Thanks.” I said and he bid farewell.

 

Another long wait in the taxi.

 

“How long will it takes to get there?” I asked the driver and he looked at the situation outside.

“Its tight-pack miss..Maybe an hour or so.” He replied and I sighed, nodded, holding the phone tightly in my hand. 

Another text arrived from Jiyong. Now, he said that Hyun had been transfered to a normal ward after the surgery. I sighed, and rest my head on the head rest, looking at the traffic. 

What am I getting into? I buried my face in my hands, trying hard not to cry. I texted Hye Yoon, telling her it's not THAT serious, but I'll inform her as soon as I get the updates

The hospital was a private one, so, there’s no press or fan knew about it. I knew this when the taxi driver was restricted to enter the yard by the guards ans I was searched thoroughly before being able to walk few hundered meters to the hospital building.  I rushed in barely stopped by the guards and started to fume in anger.

"I need to find his room!" I gritted my teeth as the receptionist looked at me, and raised her eye brow.

"Actually, you're not the first one." She made a call and speak to the phone. "I thought we have it covered?" 

I sighed harshly and I looked at the signboard. The lift is over there. Maybe if I run now, she wouldn't realise it... I  turned around and walk hurriedly to the lift, pushing the button, hearing the receptionist's panic call for guard. 

I closed my eyes, depressed as the guards held my shoulder and shook his head. 

"What are you doing here? This is a private hospital." He raised his voice and I tried to explain.

"I need to see my relative, he's here, I am not a Korean, so I dont know how this system works." 

"Seems like a sasaeng to me" Another security officer appeared beside him and they started to try to me out. 

"Sa-what? No. Please, you need to let me in." I started to beg. Really upset and inches close to kick someone.

THe lift arrived with a ding and I turned around, despite being held by the guards and a man walked out, his expression changed. 

"Belle?" Seungri asked, he was holding his phone.

"I was just trying to call you." He said and smiled to the guard before they let me go with an apology.

"Seung Hyun is in the 6th floor, room 8, okay?"He patted my shoulder and whispered, overly close to my ears as he walked by,

"Dont be so hard on him." He smiled.

 

I found the room after minutes searching for it. And I composed myself, rubbing my eyes to wiped out tears and used my finger to arrange my hair back to its position. I inhaled deeply and exhaled, before walking into the room.

“Owh? You came?” A familiar voice greeted me. I almost fell to the floor after seeing him sitting on the bed, barely able to sat up, but able to with the help of the reclining bed, hand on his phone.

“I was just trying to call you.” He smiled and I walked towards him, legs wobbly and pulled a chair to sit next to him.

In front of him, a table had been placed with foods for his lunch. I looked at him in a glance and rolled my eyes. Looking away from him. Slowly the fact sets in and my face turned red. I sobbed and he held my hands tightly.

“Hey, hey, why did you cry? I am sorry okay?” He searched for my eyes.

“I just got the call. I am afraid. It sounds so bad.” I sobbed again. “I am afraid that I’ll lost you.” I admitted and he tried to sit up, to hug me, but to no avail. His forehead creases and he grimaced in pain.

"and.... and I was mad at you last night, and today... and I... " I sighed.

I pushed him back to the bed slowly and looked at his shirtless body, where half of his torso were covered in bandage. From his left neck to his lower abdomen.

“I am fine. Seriously. It was just a little accident.” He said, after noticing that I was eyeing his injuries. I wiped my tears and gave him an unsatisfied look.

“Really? little?” I held out my finger and poked his shoulder. "I'm worried sick, you know?" My face turned redder and my tears stopped when his expression changed.

“Owch..” He gasped in pain. I felt guilty and pulled my hand away, and he rubbed his shoulder. I took a plate of pudding and scooped a spoonful of it and show it at him.

“Not red bean, I know. But you need to eat some.” I said and forced him to open his mouth. He rolled his eyes and swallowed it.

“That’s why I said that you shouldn’t do anything reckless.” I scooped another spoonful and he ate it without any question. He nodded and replied, “yeah.. I know. Accident do happened, you know.” He said, backing himself up.

“yeah right.” I put the pudding away and gave him a glass of water.

“How did it happen? I thought you had taken all the safety measures.” I crossed my hand on my chest.

He bit his lips for a while and think for a while. “The rope just snapped, I guess. When we were descending on the stage. Fortunately I am halfway through.” He smugged and I am tempted to poke his shoulder again.

“You really don’t know what the meaning of fortunate, didn’t you?” I sighed and a slow tapped was heard on the door. A doctor came in with a clip board and checked on him, while I acted casually, looking outside of the window to the fountain in the yard. 

“how is he, doctor?” I asked without looking back. Some scribbled on paper was heard and the doctor replied,

“Muscle torn, cracked two of his rib. That’s all. “ The doctor walked away.

“Wait, doctor. How long do I need to stay here?” Hyun spoke out and I turned, searching for answer too.

“Next morning will do.” The doctor replied and walked out. I shook my head and looked at him.

“Is it okay for you to stay?” He asked and give me the puppy eyes looked. I looked at him in disbelief and balancing between the options.

“Yeah, sure. Why not. But I need to get some things first.” I replied and took my handbag.

“Okay. Who’s giving you the ride?” He pulled my wrist closer. I halted and came closer to him.

“Mr. Taxi.” I whispered and he looked at me in the eyes before craning his neck for a kiss. After a while I broke away and held his face.

“I’ll be back, okay. Do you want anything else?” I walked to the door. He started to play with his phone again.

“Chocolate milk… Please…” He wished and I nodded, before exiting the room. Once outside, I took a seat and buried my head in my hands. If only he didn’t go to the practice with me, mad at home. what if, something bad happened? If only I had the mean to stop him.

 

If only…. He is not a performer.

 

I flinched at the thought and sat up straight before realizing a guy was sitting in front of me. He smiled and I cant help but to smile back.

“Need a ride?” Taeyang smiled and held his hand out to me.

 

 

 

 

The Honda was fully tinted and warmed up. Things that I appreciate comparing to a taxi. He drove swiftly and once a while, glancing at me.

“This is the first time we both are alone, isn’t it? He said before turning the wheel.

I nodded and looked out of the window. The weather is mild, eventhough it was in the middle of the day. I guess this is what transition of the season is. You cant expect the whether. 

“Not a fan of talking, aren’t you?” He asked and I laughed, out loud. He looked shocked and laughed along. ''Nice..... smile. '' He compliemented and I laughed again at the ridiculous statement. 

''This smile?'' I pointed at my own face adn shook my head, grinning. Okay.... We're loosen up the awkward knot.. 

“No wonder he fell for you.” He sincerely admitted. I stopped laughing and smiled.

“And why is that?” I asked, grinning. The car stopped at a traffic light.

“I’ve been with him and he had dated very few woman, you know, comparing to others, and the girls are all… the same.'' He paused for a while and I nodded. 

''He's been with a lot of girls?'' I asked and Taeyang shrugged. 

''Nah... just a date. Some girl friends... trying out luck, you know. They are physically attractive. But they are too… pretty. Yup.” The light goes green and the car swiftly moved.The traffic was clearer now, and I tried to clear my head.

“Physically attractive? I am a bit offended by that.” I laughed out abruptly and he grinned.

''Haha.. wait... you do? I'm sorry.'' He suddenly apologized and I grinned.

“Yeah okay, I get that. Then?” I asked after controlling my laugh.

“Well, he will kill me if he knew what I had said, but, I think maybe because of your smile and the way you are... Normal.” He replied and we had arrived at the apartment. 

“Hurmm… Normal? Ha-ha maybe not. But then,nice try.…” I made a face and smiled. “Maybe.” To be true, I never aske

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter