Monster

♛Monster♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“She is in a stable condition right now. But it will take time for her feet to heal and I think she has been in depression for a long time..” A formal woman voice woke me up.

“Anything else, doctor?” Another voice answered and it sounded familiar.

“Yes..” I heard sound of papers flipped and the doctor added, “ There was sign of abuse on her body. I am afraid I need to classify the thing as abuse. Domestic violence maybe? It's better if you report it to the police. ” She replied

“I am afraid, there is nothing as abuse, I can say that.” Another voice answered and the doctor hummed for a while.

“Okay, but if you can find the partner, please ask him to meet me. I need to fill in my report.”

“”Yes, sure, we will do it.” The first voice answered.

I couldn’t opened my eyes, so I continued listening to the conversation.

The door opened and closed back.

“Jiyong. What do you think had happened?” A voice from my right, clearly from Youngbae.

“Don’t know. Daesung is trying to find Seung Hyun. Then we will know.” Jiyoung answered and I heard the chair next to me creaked.

“What do you want to do now? The press is crowding the hospital. We need to say something to them.” Youngbae asked, and I heard the door opens.

“ I..... I’ll take care of it. You just.. keep your eyes on her. She might needs someone when she wakes up. I need to do some business with Seungri.” He replied and the door closed.

Slowly, I opened my eyes. The white room tells me that I am in a hospital right now. My feet felt numb and I couldn’t sat up. I saw a packet of blood and clear liquid above me, with the tube connected to the back of my hand.

“Hey, hey. Just lay down.” He instructed as I struggle to sit.

"Here again huh." I grinned bitterly.

He gave me a straw and I drink the water from the bed side table.

“What happened?” He asked, calmly. I sighed and looked at him, trying to smile. I felt numbness on my face and I realise maybe my eyes and face were swelling.

I tried to touch my face, but he held my hand, preventing me from doing so. 

"It's very bad?" I tried to smile. 

“You don’t looked… good.” Youngbae looked at me and smiled back.

I coughed out a smile and replied with my croaked voice. “ Horrible.”  I lay back and turned away, not wanting any conversation for now. Youngbae sat in silent for a while and finally he stood up, walking to the door.

"Youngbae... Can you..." I swallowed my saliva, hard. "Can you call Julia and tell her?" I asked, looking out of the window, as I felt my tears filled up. "They must be preparing for everything now." 

“He will come back. You’ll see. Everything is going to be fine.” He whispered and closed the door behind him.

I sat idlely for a while and finally, broke into tears.

The doctor came in the evening, redressing my wound on my feet and said that I am clear to check out of the hospital whenever I want. 

"But, I think you should stay for a while." He recommended and I looked at him in confusion. 

"We would like to take a statement from you regarding the injuries you've gotten." He commented and I nodded. 

"And being our 'regular' patient admitted here, with the history of mental illnes you have, I would like to have you admitted for a while to get you check out." 

I looked outside of the window as he talked. I don't really know where to go if I checked out of the hospital now. 

"Okay." I agreed to staying and the doctor scribbled on his pad. 

I am not able to walk properly yet, as the gash on my feet was still bleeding and sore, but the nurses have been around to check on me, if I needed to go to the toilet or wash myself. 

Youngbae arrived later that night, smuggling in fish stick he brought at a food vendor and stayed with me through the night, not asking once about what happened. 

 

 

 

By the second day, Julia contacted me and Hye Yoon came with Mrs Choi to visit. Both of them looked in guilt, when I asked about Hyun.

"How long will you be here?" Mrs Choi asked,as she set out the porridge on the table for me, and a red plum soup. 

"A little while, I guess" I replied shortly. Hye Yoon just stood without saying anything through out the meet. Her eyes were red and swollen, while I saw Mrs Choi tried hard to compose herself. 

They left without saying anything after that.

Youngbae and Daesung took turns to accompany me, and news came out in the television as few people saw Youngbae cradled me into the hospital. I didn't get the detail, but only saw a glimpse of a picture of Youngbae and Jiyong coming out of Jiyong's car, and the television was flicked off by Youngbae, who acted like nothing had happened. 

When it was Daesung's turn to stay with me, he stayed close when looked at my phone.

I scrolled my handphone, with texts from Julia saying that she is on her way, and I ventured into the internet, looking at entertainment news, before I looked at the title of the online news and my eyebrows knitted

Wedding of a famous celebrity called off.

Daesung grabbed the phone off my hand before I could read the news and pushed the ‘end’ button.

“You should just rest.” He replied shortly and gave me my medicine.

Julia called again later, asking what she needed to do. I have no idea and I asked her to wait, for me to settle everything first. To settle this misunderstanding. Everything will be alright.It must be. We are only a week away and this is just a stupid misunderstanding. 

She wanted to come, but I stopped her. Julia coming will made everyone from my family worries. And that is the last thing I need.

 

 

 

On the third day, as I was chatting with Youngbae, early evening, Jiyong came in, with a bouquet of flower in his hand.

Youngbae rushed to greet him and he hugged me for a while before putting the flower in a vase next to my bed. I saw a band aid on his jaw and reflectively touches it. He flinched and I put away my hand.

He smiled and touched his jaw. “I looked tough with this, aren't I?” He said and my eyebrows knitted in confusion. He continued talking to Youngbae about what the doctor said when doing his daily check up on me. Youngbae then had to leave to return home and told me to stay put and wait for him.

I nodded and he packed his things, before kissing my forehead, and smiled at me. 

Jiyong changed shift with Youngbae and he stayed with me, while scrolling his Iphone. I stared at him, as he browse through his phone, until he felt distracted and he put his phone away. He folded his arms on the side of the bed and leaned in.

“Okay, what?” He asked and I shrugged. For a while, we both looked at the wall, and finally, I determined to ask him.

"what happened to your jaw?" 

"Ah? Ah... that.." He touched his jaw and flexed it. 

“Jiyong, have you met him?” I held the blanket tight and bit my lips. I tried to hide the surge of desperation, but I don't think I convinced him.

Jiyoung looked at me and grinned. “Yeah… he got some work around Seoul.. He didn’t have time to visit though.. But he will soon.” He replied and I closed my eyes.

“Lie. You cant lie to me, Jiyong. Not about him.” I replied back and smiled. Jiyong looked at me, looking troubled and I touched his hand.

“Its okay. He’ll come eventually. He always does” I said and I pulled the blanket around me as I tried to sleep.

Jiyong stood up and he turned off the main light before I heard the creaking sound of the sofa, signalling that he had already took his place on the sofa bed.

I sighed and cried, silently.

 

 

 

That night, I dreamt of Seungri. He was saying that he was sorry. But I couldn’t catch the details. Something about being stupid and never in his intention to cause this. All that I could see is he put something in my hand and walked away.

I woke up, and I heard something fell on the floor next to me. I peeked over and saw an object and I bed to pick it up. I heard Jiyong’s slow snores and I silently climbed out of the bed, the pain in my feet had subsided by now, and reached for the sparkling thing.

It was my engagement ring. It must've fallen when I was struggling that night in the hotel room. I finally realised that it wasn’t a  dream at all. Suddenly, I felt sorry for him. I walked out of the bed, put on my robe before I walked out of the room, tip toed.

The clock showed it was already 4 am. And I could see few number of nurses walking around the ward. I strolled down to the receptionist and asked her about the name of the person who asked her about my room.

"Umm... " The yourng nurse fidgetted guiltily.

"It's Mr. Seungri..." She whispered. She wasn't suppose to let anyone in after visiting hours. I understand that. I turned around and got on the elevator.

Its true, he just came. I rushed to the exit, and I see a figure, standing on the roadside, waiting for something. Based on his hair and figure, I knew it was him. He was looking at his phone, and the morning wind blew, as I pulled my robe around me tighter.

“You came.” I said, clearly, shocked him. I was few meters away from him. 

“Belle!” He turned away and started walking, away from me. 

“Thank you. For the ring.” He halted and turned, stood to face me and dropped on the ground, knelting in front of me.

“I am so sorry, Belle.” He said, and looked at me. I was dumbfounded and rushed as fast as my feet can bear, towards him, forcing him to stood up. A glint of tear was in his eyes. “I am so stupid. I just.....”

“No. ” I replied and smiled.

He looked at me for a while. He sighed and took the ring from me, and held my left hand before putting it on my ring finger.

“If anything happened. I can't forgive my self.” He said and I heard an engine rumbled behind me.

“That’s my ride.” He said and smiled. I moved away and the car stopped in front of him, revealing a foreign female driver wearing a low cut top.

Seungri being Seungri. 

“If anything happen.. Because of me, just call my name and I can pick you up. And you can be with me.” He winked. Before he entered the car, he looked back at me again and said.

“I am sorry, truly am. Words cant tell how foolish and a drunkard I had been. If anything, you can blame it on me.” He said and waved good bye

“No. no one is at fault. See you, maybe." I replied and he smiled a litte before entering the car. The car zoomed away and I stared at the empty road for a while. Finally, my chest felt lighter. Foolish man.

Maybe it is true. They do have a lot of companies, but they are hollow inside.

When I walked back into the room, I was gr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter