Long Distance

♛Monster♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the next 2 and half hours on the plane, I kept thinking what will happen next. Upon arrival, it was around 10 pm,  my family was waiting for me and I ran into my mother’s hug, somehow relieved. I stayed silent for the rest of the journey from the airport to home, and answered questions with short answers.

 

 My family didn’t take much about my replies. Maybe they think I’m tired. I think I am too. I’m exhausted and desperately in need of some rest, before I realised it’s maybe my longing for him.

 

 My room, shared with my sister was in order as usual, and I get into the bed after changing my clothes. I took out my new phone and stared at it, before yawning, as I fell asleep as soon as my head landed on the pillow.

 

At 5 am I woke up with a very heavy head.

 

My hand scrambled for the phone that I put under my pillow and I answered it.

 

“Hey.”  A familiar voice greeted me. I sat up automatically and smiled.

 

“Hi.”

 

“You’ve arrived?” He asked and I nodded silently.

 

“I’m waiting for the flight.” He said without waiting for my reply.

 

“Just take care okay?” He asked and I hummed in reply.

 

“Okay… Goodnight” He said

 

“Hyun,” I called out and he hummed in reply.

 

“I miss you.” I said and a long silence greeted me.

 

“me too.” He replied and I looked at my sister, hoping she won’t wake up.

 

“We’ll meet again, kay? I’m sure I’ll go to your place in the nearest time. “ He replied confidently.

 

I smiled, ‘’You better be”.

 

He laughed and for a while, both of us were silent.

 

“I’ve sent a pics. I swear I didn’t know why..” He laughed.

 

“Really?” I looked at the screen and noticed a text icon on the top.
 

“I didn’t notice it.” I sighed and I somehow knew he was grinning.

 

“Well, just… don’t forget me, okay?” I took a brave step, saying this to him. I never did it, in my entire life.

 

“Will you?” He asked and I smiled.

 

“Never.” I admitted and it is his turn to sigh.

 

“Go back to sleep sweetheart.” He said and I replied,

 

“You too, my hero.” I giggled softly and he laughed too. "Cheesy..." I added.

 

“I’ll miss my plane if I sleep now.” He replied and I covered my mouth, not letting the laugh escaped, looking at my sister who was sleeping soundly under her blanket.

 

“Okay, sleep as soon as you arrived home okay? Don’t bother calling, until you have some sleep.” I instructed.

 

“Fine, madam.” He answered.

 

“I love you.” I said, and for a while, I waited for his answer.

 

“What should I reply?” He asked. I rolled my eyes.

 

“Fine.” I said and he instantly added.

 

“I love you, I love you, I love you. Bye!!” He repeated the words. I smiled and hang up.

 

"Weird guy..." My smile turned wider. 

 

"The weird guy that I love." 

 

I looked at the new picture he sent and my cheeks were hard of the constant grinning.

 

Its his tired face and he pouted, with the background of the room and he wrote under the picture, ‘ alone again.’

 

I kept the picture in a folder and set a password for it. I love my family, but keeping privacy is a must between us. I looked again at my sister who was rolling under the blanket. I shouldnt break the news to them. At least... not yet.

 

I sighed and looked at the ceiling, for the first time in my life, I felt loved by someone who is not my family. Who is not someone who has blood ties with me. I put the phone on the pillow next to me, and closed my eyes.

 

 

 

XIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIX

 

 

 

 

When I woke up, my family had already waiting for me, and I replied to every question, and I am very happy to see them. Part of me wanted to tell them about Hyun, but I don’t think it’s a good idea, since I didn’t even know who am I in his eyes. Really. 

This some time apart, will give him time to think. Me too, will think whether it is really love.. or just some way to say my thank you to him.

“You need to know, how happy and gratefull I am that you’re back unharmed.” My mother said as she put a huge plate of toasts and butter on the table.

 

I nodded and smiled at her. “Me too… I guess, I'm just lucky.” I said, and she hugged me, before sitting nest to me. For a while, all of us ate our breakfast quietly.

 

“Hey, about the guy that helped you.” My mom started, as I nibbled a butter and strawberry jam toast.

 

“Owh, that guy.. “ My sister replied and I nodded, lifting my eyebrows.

 

 

“How is he?” She continued and I put down the toast on my plate.

 

“Ow…. “ I stopped dead.

 

“Yeah… He’s there, somewhere.” I muttered controlling my straight expression. They mustn’t know about any of this. At least, not yet.

 

“Is he single?” My sister asked.

 

“Yeah.. Maybe…” I answered and she pulled my hand.
 

“Did you keep his number?” She asked again and I glared at her.

 

“Well… He’s not that good looking…” I lied. I surely think she believed that.

 

“But he has money. I mean, he must’ve been rich. You know, to help you and all.” She deduced and I pursed my lips, thinking.

 

“Well, no, actually, he is just a local.. you know, selling things in the market..” I stopped lying as her face changed, showing she had lost her interest.

 

“That’s enough.” My mother hushed and we continued our breakfast.

 

“The university is going to start in 3 days… So, I think it will be better if your brother show you around the campus?” She asked and I nodded, absently.

 

Anything, as long as I didn’t have to face all sort of question here.

 

 

 

XIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIX

 

 

 

Around noon, my brother came from his house and picked me up.

 

 I looked outside the window and sighed. The semester is going to start. And I am going to be an undergraduate student, which carries more responsibility in my life.

 

The spatter of rain dropped lazily as the car moved, stuck in traffic. My brother was driving, and we just arrived at the university.

 

“I hope you’ll like it.” He said encouragingly. I shrugged.

 

“DO I have any choice?” And I looked away. He is the alumni of the university, and the news that I was accepted to study there made the whole family happy. Well, I dont care where I continue my study.. just, I wanted the degree. That's all. 

 

I took out my phone and scrolled the menu. Bit disappointed he haven’t call me yet.

 

“You never let me see the phone.” My brother suddenly asked. I looked at him and raised my eyebrow.
 

"This phone?" I asked, showing him the Samsung. 

 

"It's the new model right? How did you get it?" He asked curiously and I swallowed my saliva, thinking. 

 

"It's...... a gift, from the..... local authorities there. You know.. after the incident and stuff." I lied again. Sorry Hyun! 

 

"Still... I can't even touch it?" He asked, turning the wheel. 

 

“Well, its my privacy, thank you very much.” I replied and shoved it back into my pocket.

“And if you dare to touch it with that dirty little paws of yours, you will be dead.” I warned and he laughed it off. 

 

I am really not in a good mood to goof around, so I closed my eyes and I took a nap.

 

 

 

XIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIX

 

 

When I woke up, we were already back home, and I get inside, before stealing a piece of meatball for dinner on the table and ran to my room. Inside, my sister was having her earphone on, while surfing the net, and I took off my blouse, ready to get into the bathroom, when my phone rang.

 

My sister took the phone which was next to her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter