Invitation

♛Monster♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today, again Hyun was busy, being called up to his studio in the early morning, and I wandered around the house, with nothing to do other than surfing the internet through Hyun’s laptop, since I didn’t bring mine.

I was on google, searching on chocolate parfait, when suddenly Min Ho’s name appeared in my head. I googled the name, resulting with a range of family name.

Song Min Ho? Kang Min Ho? Jin Min Ho?

What was it? My eyebrows met, as I tried to get the name out of my head. I ended up closing the search tab and ignored the urge to find out more about him. Having an apartment room here, indicates that he must be a somebody. I thought for a while, and later, forced myself to stop thinking about it.

In the evening, the doorbell rang and I rushed to open it, thinking that Hyun might come back early today. I regretted the act as soon as I saw Min Ho in front of me, hand on the door pane, looking at me.

“Yes?” I asked, annoyed, trying to cover my Cartoon shirt and bed hair.  

“You are supposed to… contact me?” He said in an exasperated tone. I looked at him, top to toe, and I felt a little judder in my heart. With his brown coat and black tie, he definitely just came back from work.

“I forgot about that .” I responded innocently and started to close the door, praying that he just let it slide.

He blocked the door with his leg and I looked at him, raising my eyebrow. “Seriously, why didn’t you go home already? I got something urgent to do… and…” I trailed off, trying to find an excuse.  

“Are you… saying that you have no interest for me at all?” He asked, in disbelief. He arranged his hair, and straightened his tie. I thought for a while, and rolled my eyes.

“Nope.” I lied. I have a little curiosity, only a little, about him. Not that I like him or anything.. But being alone does wonders to you. Not to forget about the ‘being friends’ idea.

“Ouch.” He held his chest and I smiled apologetically.

“Yup, I guess so. Sorry.”  I replied. I closed the door in his face, this time, he was too stunned to block it. I exhaled, heart racing.

I looked in the peephole and saw that he was staring at the door, in disbelief.

“Really???!!!” He cried out and I held my laughter. Stomping away while pursing his lips

I laughed silently and talked to myself, “What a weird and over confident man.”

Maybe he is not a good choice for a company after all. Maybe that cashier in the mart will be more willing to be friends with me.

Now that I am sure that man won’t bother me anymore, I took the laundry to the Laundry service downstairs, next to the mart, and came back to my room, with no sight of him anywhere along the way.

I took my shower and rushed to the kitchen, popping dinner into the microwave.

Hyun came home around 8 pm, we had our dinner together, and started to playfully poke one another while cleaning the dishes, when the door bell rang. Hyun went to check it, so I finished up the dishes and he walked to the door, tidying up his hair a little and wore his cardigan.

“Hey.” He said as he opened the door.

“Seung Hyun… “ A familiar voice called out. I peeked behind the wall and saw that Min Ho was chatting with Hyun, wearing brown satin bath robe, and wet hair.

What the hell is he doing here? I gasPed and closed my mouth, trying to hear what they are conversing about, but failed.

They were talking, well, Min Ho was the one who was doing the talking, and Hyun just nodded, and hummed.

“Okay. We’ll be there” Hyun closed the door and I rushed to the dinner table, peeling a banana, trying to act natural.

“There’ll be a party at the swimming pool, masquerade theme.” He came up, serious tone. Seriously, he doesn’t look happy with Min Ho comes over. It was all over his face. Jealousy? Or just a mere worry that our relationship will come to notice?

 He was in a good mood before that weird guy came.

“Owh, But I didn’t bring any garments for party what so ever. So, I need to go and buy it. When is it?” I replied, and smiled sheepishly. Of course, who the hell is going to bring a cocktail dress during vacation?

“Did you meet with him anywhere? You know, like talk or something when I was at work?” He asked, staring into my eyes, ignoring my humor.

“What?” I stuttered, fearing that Min Ho might have told Hyun about his visits. “No…” I laughed it off. “Why did you ask?”

“I’m tired.” He didn’t reply, throwing the invitation card on the console table, on the hallway and walked up.  I bit my lips and I heard the bathroom door close with a bang.

I picked up the card, and read the detail. Saturday, 8 pm, masquerade. Saturday… That is like… 3 days from now. I guess I should wait until he cool down before requesting for him to company me to buy the dress.

When I got up, he had already worn his pyjamas, and his hair was wet. I felt the coldness radiate from him throughout the night. Even the goodnight kiss on the forehead was cold as ice, and he didn’t even smile

I pursed my lips as he walked to his spot on the couch and closed his eyes without any word. What did they talk about?

In the middle of my sleep, my phone rang and I groaned, reached for the phone on the bedside table and rubbed my eyes, falling back on the pillow

I answered the call sleepily, and a voice greeted me.

“Hey dream girl..” The guy said and I looked at my phone screen, dumbfounded.

“Who is this?”  I got irritated and glance at the clock. 4 am.

Hyun was sleeping soundlessly on the couch, and I don’t think that the call will please him, so I sat up and glanced at him once in a while.

“It’s Min Ho..” He replied and I groaned, turning to whisper.

“What?! What do you want??!”

“Just want you to know that I have your number from Seung Hyun” He said happily and I rolled my eyes.

“God!” I groaned again and he laughed.

“I hope I didn’t disturb you.” He said, worried.

“Seriously??!” I hung up and took out the phone’s battery, annoyed.

I folded my arms on my chest and chew my lips. No wonder Hyun was in a bad mood. Min Ho asked him for my number.

But why did he gave it, if he didn’t want me to get in touch with that snob? I tsked and shook my head dissapointedly.

 

 

 

 

The next morning, while I was brushing my teeth, Hyun knocked the bathroom door.

“Can I come in?” He asked, coldly behind the door. I stopped brushing and wiped my mouth, unlocking the door.

 “For you.” He held out his phone and I looked at it, clueless.

“Min Ho called. Seems important.” I took the phone and he walked out, closing the door behind him. I pouted my lips, holding the counter.

“What is wrong with you?”I asked Min Ho. He’s really starting to get on my nerve.

“I know you are avoiding me.” He said and I stared at the mirror.Owh, you can see that? I didn’t reply, waiting for him to continue.

“But, I’m alone, and I can't think of calling anyone else than you..” He continued.

“I’m hanging up now.” I stopped his mumbling and pushed the red button. I opened the bathroom door and Hyun was standing in front of it, tapping his feet., Waiting for his phone impatiently.

I gave the phone to him and he walked away, not even looking at me.

“Are you that thoughtless? I asked and he turned around. Puzzled.

“Can't you tell when I’m trying to avoid the call?” I asked again, crossed.

Seriously. I pinched my nose bridge, and closed my eyes, walking towards the wardrobe, trying to calm down,

“And how would I know that?!” He started to raise his voice, turning to face me.

“Even if you didn’t, why would you like to take a phone call form that guy? Why did you give my phone number to him?” I too, started to raise my voice

“What? Now it’s my fault?!”

“It is!! Why didn’t you just tell him who I am? If you are that jealous, why don’t you just tell that I am your girlfriend?” I started to feel like I am going to cry. Disappointment filling me to the edge.

He put up his hands, surrendered-like. “This is what it is? This is the reason why you like it when he called you?” Hyun sighed heavily. I wiped the edge of my eyes with my thumb, and looked away.

“It's your relation and him that I don’t know. For him to ask for your phone number like that. I don’t have anything to do with it.” He turned away, started to walk out.

He’s running away again. I got fed up with this thing. Call me immature, but I think he is more immature than I am.

“And you got worked up so much about that. If you are THAT jealous, why didn't you just come clean and tell him that we are together?" I mumbled, but loud enough for him to hear. He stopped on his track.

“Why did you just go around and put all the blame on me, when you are the one who avoided the topic in the first place?!”

I tried not to yell, and I looked at him, his shoulder slumped forward and he turned, to face me.

“Do you think that if he knew about the real situation it’ll do good to us? Please Belle. I thought you knew this as much as I do.” He talked to me as if he was stating the obvious.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter