Hint and Doubts

♛Monster♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The next day, the doctor came in with my X-ray and he explained some things, while I nodded solemnly. The nurse was busy tidying up the place, her eyes lingered around the room, making me uncomfortable.

"You'll be out in 3 days." He noted down in the pad and hang it in front of my bed.

"Thank you, Dr." I replied  and he nodded, before walking out of the room.

"I thought she's someone important, after Top caused a scene yesterday. But no one even stay with her." The nurse whispered and I rolled my eyes. They don't even bother to wait for the door closes.

I sighed, slowly tried to crawl my way out of the bed. As I walked to the window, I pulled the IV pole with me, feeling stabbing in my left rib as I wheezed.

Outside of the window is a vast yard. There are no traces of snow from yesterday. And the sun shone bright.

"Good Morning" A voice called out and I turned my head, seeing Min Ho with a paper bag in his hand and a bouquet of flowers in another and set them on the table.

I smiled, holding the stand as I walked back to the bed. Min Ho rushed and held my shoulder, supporting me.

"You shouldn't be out of the bed, you know." He set me on the bed and pressed the button to recline the bed for me to lean against it.

He set out containers of food and pour orange juice from a carton. He sat down next to me, while taking off the lid of the container.

I ate the porridge quietly, as he typed in something on his phone, presumably Suzy or work. I don't know.

"How is it?" He asked and I nodded.

"It's nice."

"Really?? I made that?" He boasted and I raised my eyebrows.

"That explains the thumb sized onion in it."

"But it's nice right?"

"Yeah, yeah." I agreed and drank the juice.

"Here, I got you this." He took out a box from the paper bag and handed it to me.

"I don't know which one I should buy, so I bought the same one, and transferred everything from the broken one to this. It should be functioning as usual." He gave the white box to me.

I looked at him, in disbelief, while uncovering the phone box. It's just like my broken phone.

"Oh my god, Min Ho!" I muttered, reaching for the 'home' button.

"How much it this? Please let me pay this. " I looked at Min Ho, who was distracted with his phone.

"No." He replied, and he walked away for a while, taking a call.

I looked at the pristine body of the phone and bit my lips.

Once I turned it on, I checked my whatsapp, with numerous texts from my family, Julia and from Youngbae.

Nothing from Hyun.

Nothing.

Not even a miss call.

I stared at the wall in front of me. Suddenly my chest felt heavy, and I closed my eyes.

"Hey." Min Ho held my shoulder.

"You want to take a nap?"

I shook my head, and smiled. But something about Min Ho is that, he can see the bitterness of a smile. Maybe he, too, been there.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Life" I replied shortly.

"What's up to 'life', Belle?" He asked again patiently and I shook my head.

He pulled the chair closer and sat, holding my hand.

"Did Seung Hyun come?"

I shook my head again. Tears welling up and I blinked them away.

I started to sit up straight and try to get out of the bed.

"Hey," Min Ho tried to stop me, but looking at my face, he sighed and held my IV stand for me. I walked to the window again, watching the yard.

"Do you want to go outside?" He asked, standing next to me. I stood, in silence.

After a while, he held my shoulder and turned me to face him.

"Belle. I know. I know you are in pain. Stop hiding."

"I'm not Min Ho. I'm fine." I replied and Min Ho smiled

"You know it takes a liar to know one."

I laughed and burst into tears.

He pulled me slowly into his arms, and he held me tight.

"What happened to you, Belle? What the hell happened?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I spent the morning, walked him through my life, after last seeing him on his showcase in my country. (When Grandma Han passed away, I didn't get to talk to him about things). I told him the day the boys caught me in his kitchen, the reaction of the CEO, I met CL and how she hated me (He shook his head, saying "She's nice. Really. maybe you got it wrong?"), how Youngbae had been the one who always be there for me, Hyun being shirtless in Tazza 2 and the engagement.

"If only I know, this will happen. I will never let you go." He said in the end, and I giggled.

"Hey, you helped me a lot. To the extend that... I am never going to be able to repay you. From the first time I met you. Until today." I held his arm, and he patted my hand.

"Really? The first time where I assaulted you with the accusation that you are a sasaeng?" He asked and I hit his arm.

"So, did Taeyang and GDragon knew about last night's attack?" He asked and I shrugged.

"No.I hope not. I don't want them to rush back here. I know they had always liked Fashion Week. And it's not an attack. It's an accident. It normally happens." I replied and Min Ho leaned on the chair.

"You.... Always thought about others' feelings that you forget you too had your own." He whispered and I slapped his shoulder.

"Oww."

 

Around noon, Min Ho packed his stuff and kissed my cheek as a goodbye, before walking out of the room. I smiled as he walked out, thinking that he must have been so happy with his girlfriend. He didn't stop smiling when he told me how he asked for Suzy's phone number and the attempt to take her out. I am happy for him. Finally. He also said that he sold Grandma Han's house and gave the money to charity. That's what Grandma Han would have wanted. I agreed and after a moment, he received a call from his manager for work.

"Do you need me to come again?" His head peeked in.

"Tomorrow. Come by tomorrow with that porridge again." I replied and he smiled, before closing the door behind him.

I smiled, and press the button on the recliner bed, trying to get more sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Late afternoon, after the bland chicken soup and check up from the nurse, I replied to all the Whatsapp and texts, from Julia, my mom and Qi, saying that I am alright and everything is taken care of. And i got a new phone, so they can now contact me.

Youngbae's whatsapp is on the excitement of meeting Lagerfeld, who has always been fond of Jiyong, and they bought a lot of things. He also asked whether I like Channel as there are these new items and I refused, saying that I already got a Channel. Somewhere.

The day passed to night, as Hyun is still a no show, and I was tempted to call him. To say that I'm sorry and I need him. But I am tired. I am tired to make this all work. I drifted in and out of sleep with the tranquilizer in the IV drip, and time passed.

Around 2 am, I woke up, with the need to relieve myself and I walked to the bathroom, doing my business. I am wide awake now, with nothing to do. And I've always hated hospital. It smells like death.And ghost. Now. every horror movie I've ever watched sprung into my mind.

I dread the thought of anything walked through the door, so I walked to the room's door, with the attempt to lock it. A few steps from the door,the knob suddenly twisted slowly and I froze midway, heart beat fast.

"What are you doing?" The nurse asked and I blinked, before walking back to the bed, embarrased.

"I... went to... to the toilet. Just now." I replied, settling myself on the bed, and she took the reading and wrote something on the clipboard.

And then I realised something odd. It's 2 am. And a nurse is taking my vital signs, without even checking my pulse. That is weird. What is she writing? And why didnt she say anything to check up on me? like the regular nurses do.

"Do you guys... has like...24-hours shift? Er...." I tried to search for her name. She looked at me briefly. She doesn't have any name tag.

"No" And she placed the clipboard back at the end of the bed.

I inched away as she walked closer to my side.

My chest felt like it's going to explode and I gripped the bed sheet in fear.

"You are so lucky." She whispered to my ear and I looked at her, I froze in fear.

She walked away and closed the door behind her. Ghost or not, that is really not right.

With all the strength left and quivering knees, I pulled the IV stand with me and to the door. 

Slowly, I opened the door, to peek around,imagining that  the hallway going to be like in the horror movie,where the lights are flickering and a wheelchair rolled out of the room unmanned, but it's actually lit up like day, and I saw two nurses at the counter, at the right side of the hallway.

Chairs lined up against the wall, along the way and I saw the nurse that had came to check up on me standing infront a figure sitting on one of the chair, talking. They were hidden behind the counter, but I can clearly see her.

I pushed the stand slowly, out of my room, slowly walking towards them. The nurses at the counter started to say something, but I signalled them to stay quiet. Both of the people were still talking and the didnt even realise I am steps away from them.

"She's fine. She went to the bathroom just now.THat's why you didnt see her." The nurse said, and Hyun nodded solemnly.

"Sorry I asked you despite you had finished your shift."

I felt my chest ached, as I got next to them.

"Why didnt you come in?" I asked, unintentionally, I raised my voice. The depressing time I went through. And he decided to sit here.

Both Hyun and the nurse were shocked. He stood up, looking at me. He's miserable. His gaunt face unshaved, he was wearing a thin coat and his hair was dishevelled. I saw a hand bag next to him and a thermos.

"Belle..." He started to talk and I cried, walking towards him.

"You.... stupid..." I slapped him, muttering curses as I punched his chest again and again. He tried to held me in his arms, and I struggled, starting crying loudly.

Then I felt something sharp jabbed into my arm and I saw his face, his red eyes, his swollen lips, before I lost my consciousness.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I woke up, seeing the curtains were open, and it was already morning. Trying to put the pieces of puzzle together, I sat up and tried to get out of the bed.

"You're going on an adventure again?" A voice called out and turned my head, seeing Min Ho sitting on the couch, leg crossed while reading a newspaper.

"Wha-at?" I asked and he looked at me.

"I was surprised you can hit him that hard. But seriously, I laughed when I heard that. Served him right." He walked to the bed, setting up the porridge containers on the table.

"What?" I asked again, frowning.

"Seung Hyun? You hit Seung Hyun last night. Don't you remember?" He asked and I shook my head, before I realized it wasn't a dream.

"Ha....." I snorted, "I did." I laughed pathetically. I realised the IV drips was gone.

"Here have this. I put in king crab chunks in there." He said and offered me a bowl.

"Did you bring some for me too?" The voice that took away my breath called out, as Hyun appeared out of the bathroom.

"No." Min Ho replied shortly, ignoring him.

"I... I got to go and cleaned up first." I told Min Ho, slowly walking to the bathroom, avoiding Hyun's gaze.

As I closed the door behind me, I heard Hyun's voice;

"She's still mad at me."

"Of course." Min Ho replied, as a matter of fact.

The bathroom smelled of his cologne, and I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter