Heartbreak

♛Monster♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When the plane arrived, Min Ho departed on the next plane back to Seoul to settle urgent matters, and promised me he will come back. I let him go, too tired to plead for him to stay, eventhough I really need someone right now. I just found out that Julia just landed in Seoul, she didnt get to tell me because she's too caught up with things and to settle some arrangement with Hye Yoon.

 

I just don't care anymore.

 

I haul a cab back to my apartment, half scared that the guard will kick me out or the lock will changed, since it's a gift from him. I reached home, unlocked the door, only to find a letter in my mailbox, from a law firm to me, on the change of ownership of the apartment. From Choi Seung Hyun to me. The letter was dated the day after I went to Seoul. He must have changed the name sometime earlier.

One less thing to worry about, At least, I still have a place to go to. I texted Youngbae, though it felt so weird, and out of place, telling him I've safely arrived and Min Ho will come back to see me. I huddled in my room, realising that Hyun never get the chance to be here. The only person who have came were Youngbae and Jiyong. I sighed, almost relieved, that the house will not remind me of him.

 

So, It's really over? I asked myself, emotionally drained.

 

I had ignored calls from my sister, who were among the first one to know. I contacted here, and found out that family is still in the dark. Later that night, I decided to come back to my parents house.

Qi waited in the car, and got out, as I exited the lobby of the apartment building. She looked at me, bewildered at my tear stained face and ran closer.

She was holding her arms out, and I held my breath hard before hugging her.

“I’ts not going to be okay.” I cried and she pulled me into the car and she drove off through the night.

I told her in details what had happened. And she listened intently. In the end,she cried too. 

We arrived and she waited for me to prepare myself. We both know what is coming. I know what will happen. The air felt like death. 

As soon as I walked into the living room, with my parents relaxing, my feet felt like lead. My sister knock the door and my parents stood up to see me.

“Belle!” My mother hugged me and I smiled. hugging her back. "The wedding is only few days to go! WHat are you doing back home??"

“Hi mom.” She kissed my forehead and I turned to my father. “Dad.” He smiled and my mother rushed to the kitchen.

“Where are you going, mom?” I asked and she answered back from the kitchen.

“I’m cooking dinner!” She said happily and I looked at my father. I tried to control my expression, and I took a deep breath. 

“Is there anything?” He asked. And I tried to hold in my tears."It's about the wedding. " I swear I could hear my own heart breaks. 

“I need to talk to you guys.” I admitted and my sister went to call my mother as I sat on a couch, and my father turned the telly off.

“What is it?” My mother asked, still smiling, wiping her hands on her apron. 

I looked at both of them, who were still anticipating.

I looked away and purse my lips. I couldn’t figure out how to start it.

“Its about me and Hyun.” I held my breath, trying not to let my tears fall. "We.... We decide to be apart." 

My mother’s smile faded. My father leaned forward and my sister looked at me trying to give me support.

“We….” I stopped for a while. “We decided to take some time off.” I said trying to put it delicately and my father stood up in surprise. My sister closed her eyes, expecting the reaction

“Time off?” My mother asked again, hand on her chest and now, a tear escaped and fell on my cheek.

“We had a big fight. And… we think it’s better for us to be apart.” The word seems foreign to me. She held her breath and clutched her chest.

“Are you kidding?” mom asked again and I didn’t even replied her question.

My mother’s reaction was the one that made my heart shuttered. My father shook his head slowly, and walked out of the room. Even my father, the one who I can always rely to. Turn away from me. 

"THE EMBARRASEMENT YOU HAVE BROUGHT TO US! HOW CAN I EVEN FACE EVERYONE." Mother shrieked and I closed my eyes, anticipating a fiery wrath. 

For a while, the room turned silent. I wiped my tears and this time, I held it inside, trying to show that I am not hurt, and this is not a big deal for me. 

“And you came here for?” My mother finally asked, and the question sounded different, like she was talking to a stranger. Then I know, this. All of this. All will be on me, and myself. And I understand. It's my decision and I understand the finality in her words. 

“I just wanted to tell you that.” I looked at her as she walked out of the room. Before she left, she looked at me once and said,

“Next time, don’t even bother. You can show yourself out." I stood there, frozen. It's better to be scolded at. To be beaten by my parents for this. But, this.... This shows an entirely new level of wrath. 

They are disowning me.

"And Qi, I forbid you to drive out again tonight.” And my mother walked out. I nodded, tears are starting to pour out. I saw my younger brother peeking from the stairs, and I smiled at him. 

“What are you doing?” My sister asked and I looked at her, before I hugged her.

“I will be away for a while. You can text me, okay? Maybe its not a best time to stay.” I admitted and dragged my feet to the front door.

“You know she doesn’t mean that. Where will you go?” My sister chased after me to the yard.

“You lived with me as long and you know like hell she meant that. Its okay. I understand. I should’ve listened to her.” I looked out and a cab approached us.

“Where will you go?” Qi repeated her question again and hugged her, I hailed the cab, and it stopped. 

“Tell me if you wanted to come. I am in my apartment.” I said and Qi nodded letting me go. I climbed into the car and looked at my house before it disappeared behind other houses.

“Where to?” The cab driver asked, after a while on the road.

.I replied my apartment's adress and he nodded. As soon as I arrived at the apartment, I fell on the floor. in the darkness, alone.

 

 

 

 

I stare at my reflection and for some time, I didn’t even realise the clock ticking.

I held out the phone and browsed through the files, and intentionally opened the folder of our picture. 

I scrolled at the picture one by one and for a while, I felt the surge of emotion overwhelmed me, but no tears coming out. It's really the end huh. This love. This story of us. My scrolling stop at a picture I took when we first had our date in Lotte World. 

Then I cried, wallowing in self pity on the floor, tugging my blouse around me. 

I fell asleep there. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Julia’s story

Julia stomped into the night club; wadding through the crowd, with the blaring noise

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter