First Time: Seoul

♛Monster♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“No.” She replied, as we ate our breakfast together on the table. The bump on my forehead started to flatten and I could no longer feel the stinging pain.

 

“I’ve promised your mother that I will take care of you.” She scooped a spoonful of oatmeal and ate it.

 

“Heck, I should’ve been calling the clinic right now to set up the date for you counselling. “

 

“And I am most grateful that you haven’t. I believe that, this is the only way, to heal myself.” I admitted and she shook her head.

 

“How? By going to some foreign country? The country that you never even took notice before the last 4 months?” She started to get anxious.

 

“I wanted to get some air, you know, to go out there….” I ran out of reasons. I couldn’t say that I’m going to my boyfriend’s house. That will freak her, and I’m not even sure either Hyun wanted other people to know about us.

 

“Belle, you’ll be alone there. And the best thing I can propose, is to bring me together with you, okay?” She held my shoulder and I sighed.

 

“I can't.” She let my shoulder go and pursed her lips. I don’t want to trouble her, by taking her with me. Plus, she didn’t even know about me and Hyun.

 

“Well, then. Not open for discussion then.” She decided and walked away from the table. I hung my head low, and held my phone out, typing a text.

 

 

I wanted to go to your place. Can you spare some time for me?

 

 

Both of Julia and I were in a bad mood, for the rest of the day, and after my lunch, I heard she was calling a clinic, setting up an appointment schedule for me. I felt tensed and depressed, Hyun haven’t replied my text, showing that he might didn’t want me there. I took the medicine that I was given yesterday and went to sleep.

 

“I can't allow her to go.” I heard Julia whispering.  I rolled over, hard to open my eyes and just kept listening. She moved out of the room, walking around the house, but I can still hear her conversation with someone on the phone.

 

“I  know, you said that you can give everything for her, but seriously, what do you expect, will she do in a foreign country? If something went wrong between you guys? And you left her alone.” Julia’s tone got harsher.

 

You guys? I rubbed my eyes lazily. Outside, it was already raining, maybe late evening, I don’t know. I reached the area next to me for my phone, but couldn’t find it.

 

I crawled out of the bed, searching around for the phone, and failed, gave up on it and walked to the bathroom.

 

“She wanted to go to you, and she’s sick. Do you want to be responsible if anything goes wrong?!” I heard Julia yelled over the phone. Well that’s a harsh way to talk to my mother. I washed my face and walked out. Julia looked at me and walked away to the balcony.

 

“Fine, I’m not going to disturb you guys having fun, anyway.” I mumbled. My family didn’t want me there, my throat tightened. Somehow, I felt like crying, but I swallowed the pain.

 

“I don’t know.. I’ve promised I’ll take care of her, though.” Julia’s tone started to loosen out. I glanced at the balcony, she was still talking, leaning on the rail, clearly moving away so that I wouldn’t listen to the conversation.

 

“Still, can hear you.” I mumbled, walking back to the bedroom. As I walked pass the coffee table, my eyes fell on Julia’s books, cluttered and a mess, with coffee mug and all, and in the middle of it, was her phone.

Her phone was on the table, and I realized why she kept stealing her glances at me.

I rushed to the sliding balcony door, and she turned around, shocked to see me there.

 

“I…. I..” She was lost for words.

 

“Julia, who are you talking to?” I asked, and held out my hand, asking for my phone. My heart beats fast.

She gave up and gave the phone to me, and hung her head.

 

“What...” I looked at the screen, and the call was still connected. Julia looked at me, guiltily and nodded her head.

 

“It’s still on call.” She said and I answered it.

 

“Hello?” Please, let it not be him…. Please…

 

“Hey….” Hyun answered and I held on the door frame, Julia shot a glance at me and pulled my hand, guiding me to sit on the sofa.

 

“Hyun… “ I was lost in words.

 

“You sure have a good cousin.” He commented and Julia looked at me worriedly.

 

“I… why did you call him?” I pulled away from the phone and asked Julia, who was drinking her coffee.

 

“He.. Wanted to talk to you.” She answered. “But, since you are sleeping, I didn’t want you to be interrupted. He kept calling, so I answered it to tell him to call you later.” She defended herself.

 

“But he is the one who wanted to talk, about you. That’s why…” She stopped and walked to the kitchen, running away from me.

 

“We’ll settle this later.” I cried out, more in frustration than anger.

 

“Hyun… I’m sorry. I know you wanted us to be secret and stuff.” I apologized and he laughed.

 

“What? I am not.. “ He still laughed.

 

“I never said that.” He replied and my mouth hanged.

 

“Well, I assume that…” I admitted.

 

“Why? Just because I am a celebrity, you can't go out with me?” He asked and I snickered.

 

“No, it will be foolish to try to make people believe that I go out with one.”  I replied grudgingly.

 

“Okay, okay. The point here is, I wanted you to come here, heck, I was paying for the ticket as we speak.” He said and I looked at Julia, who was preparing dinner silently.

 

“Well, I don’t know, Hyun. I mean.. My cousin forbids me to go.” I muttered and pursed my lips.

 

“That’s why I need to talk to her.” He explained. “And you, taking the phone away while I am inches close to make her agree, ruined everything.” He mumbled and I sighed.

 

“Fine.. “ I handed the phone to Julia, she took the phone, guilt written all over her face and I sat in the bedroom, waiting.

Almost half an hour after that, Julia appeared on the door.

 

“Hey, dinner’s ready.” She told me and I walked out to the kitchen, and she sat, started eating.

 

“Julia…” I started to try to ask about the permission.

 

“I’m sorry, I can't.” She replied.

I looked at her in disbelief.  The dinner wasn’t that appealing anymore.

 

“Tomorrow we’ll fly back to my family’s house. You will get the treatment with the family doctor. I’m cancelling the appointment here.” She announced and I closed my eyes. I Gave up.

 

 

 

 

XIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIXIX

 

 

 

“Which counter should we checked in at?” I asked as both of us hurriedly pulling our bags across the airport.

 

“Why did you take the flight this time of the day?” I grunted, as the airport was empty, with only guards and the cleaners around.

 

“I forgot the 24 hour system. I had mistaken 2 am to 2 pm.” She mumbled. And I sighed, pulling the suitcase faster, the tires barely touch the ground

 

After the dinner, both of us went to sleep, not much being said, and I think I managed to sleep around an hour, before Julia woke me up, saying that the flight is in 3 hours. On 12 am, we got out of the apartment and Julia drove her car to the airport, which was 1 hour away. And I kept cursing for her  to slow down.

 

“At least, we are not THAT late.” I said, and she nodded, arriving at the check in counters and we lined up, Julia fidgeting.

 

“Gosh, stop that, will you?” I frowned and when our turn came, she passed our boarding pass. I was unloading my luggage on the conveyor belt,  when the attendant at the counter called out my name.

 

“Miss Atsumi, Belle?” I stopped struggling and looked at her.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Sorry, you need to check-in at the opposite counter.” She said and handed back the pass to me.

 

“What?” I took the pass, frowning as Julia’s were accepted and she loaded her luggage to the conveyor belt.

 

“Come on!” It’s getting late!” She pushed me and I scrambled to the opposite counter, which was similar to the first counter.  The attendant took my boarding pass and I loaded my bag, still confused.

 

“Have fun for your vacation.” The attendant wished me and I nodded, still thinking.

 

“You didn’t get it, didn’t you?” Julia asked me as we walked towards the departure gate. I was still thinking and she laughed.

 

“So, we will separate here.” She said and walked first.

 

“Wh-What? Julia!” I called out as she walked to the immigration officer gave her boarding pass for checking and she walked inside the gate, leaving me.

I too, rushed at the officer and gave them my pass, but was restricted from entering.

 

“What do you mean I can't enter?!” I asked, and Julia giggled as she watched me in confusion. She waved goodbye and disappear around a corner.

 

“Miss, your flight is International. This is the gate for the domestic flights. The international flight gate is over there.” The officer pointed somewhere on the left and I turned around in disbelief.

 

“International?” Suddenly my phone rang, and I picked up, annoyed.

 

“What sort of joke are you trying to pull out now.” I asked, as she laughed.

 

“God… You ARE slow.. Check your boarding pass. Lesson for the day, when you get your boarding pass, read it first.” She replied and I opened the boarding pass.

 

 

Destination:

Incheon International Airport, South Korea.


 

“Julia!” I shrieked, and my voice echoed throughout the empty lounge.

 

“Have fun, Belle.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter