Acceptance

♛Monster♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I looked at the huge house as I walked into the yard. The guards looked at me dismissively and I tried to walk slower, trying to wait for Hyun. Where is he? I held the gift box tightly in my hand. My legs felt like lead, and it seems like I tried to drag it across the paved road. The house was huge, like a haunted mansion kind of deal and I couldnt take my eyes off the front door, black heavy set doors with victorian carving around it. 

"What is it?" Mrs. Choi came out as soon as I pressed the door bell. She was wearing a black robe, and her eyes twinkles in hatred. 

She stepped out of the house and closed the door behind her with a bang, and looked at me, disgusted. I stepped back, from the door step and i held the gift tightly in my hand. 

"I-I..." I stuttered, my eyes looked around wildly, searching for Hyun. His mother towered over me, and I could hear faint laughing in the distance. 

"I think we should start... over.." My words got out slow and I almost whispered as her face turned to an ugly smirk. 

"Owh, We should?" She asked, lifting her eyebrows. 

I gave the gift to her and she took it, without batting an eyelid, throw it across the yard. "I dont think so." She spatted and I was appaled. 

She folded her hands and looked at me. "You think I will accept that rubbish??"

I was dumbfounded, not believing my eyes. 

"Why are you here? When I said that you will not be my daughter in law??!" She asked angrily and before I got to reply, she lifted her hand high and slapped me on the face, I felt my cheek burnt with pain, and I staggered backwards. 

"God, how I waited to do that." She sighed, in bliss. Smiling.

I staggered backwards, holding my cheek, and she walked towards me.

"Wh-what?" I asked back at her as she looked at me, satisfied. "You are no match for my son..." Her words trailed off, and I heard footsteps approaching behind me. 

She lifted her hand again and suddenly, someone stopped her, holding her palm from reaching my other cheek. He held me by my waist and pulled me away from the raging Mrs. Choi. 

"Min Ho?" I asked and he shook his head, pulling me away from the entrance. He looked at me in sorrow and I saw a tear fell on his cheek. 

"I told you we should be together." Min Ho smiled at me bitterly before walking away. I started to cry in confusion. "Whaat?" 

"Min Ho!!" I called out, but he was gone, and from the gate, a couple walked in, merrily. I cant believe my eyes. 

"Owh... You are here?" Hyun asked me, my cheek still stinging. His breath was stink with liquor, and he was staggering, supported by another woman in his hand. My eyebrows creased as they walked closer. 

"Hyun? You are supposed to be here. You said that--" My words trailed off when I saw his companion

"Belleee...." Minzy called out and she held Hyun's waist. "This girl is sooooo ugly..." She giggled and I frowned. Hyun laughed along and walked passed me, straight into the house. 

"I know right... No wonder my mother hated her soo much.." Hyun replied and Minzy laughed while turning her head towards me, smiling. 

"HYUN!!!" I cried out his name in desperation, turning again to Min Ho who was waving towards me, calling me to come to him. 

I fell on the ground. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Aaah..." I whispered in pain. The soft carpet definitely did not cushion my fall. I sat up, holding my numb cheek. Looks like I fell face first. 

I looked at the bed next to me, and it seems like Hyun was the one who was pushing me out of the bed in his sleep. He rarely sleep this way. Maybe he's too tired. I stood up, yawning and walked into the bathroom, looking at the wall clock while relieving my self.

It was only 3 am. I shook my head and finshed my business, before walking back to the bed, seeing Hyun was already rolling to his side of the bed. 

"This man... Only gives me nightmare." I whispered as I get under the blanket, sleeping closely to him. 

"You had nightmare?" He asked, half awake. I hummed and he put his arm around me, pulling me closer. 

I closed my eyes, hoping the dream will not continue. 

"Hyun?" I called out and he hummed lazily.

"Do you think your family will be okay with me?" I asked, I cant even think of anything else.

"hurmh?"He asked, and I sat up.

"I mean... cant we like.. postpone this thing?'' I asked, sighing.

''what? you'll be fine...'' He answered and dozed back to sleep. I pursed my lips, thinking. I'm just scared. I fear the possibility that maybe his mother will not allow him to see me again. I fear of the fact that maybe his whole family feels that way. 

I lay down again, and Hyun wrapped his arms around me, kissing my head. 

"We'll be together this time. I wont leave you." He whispered and I held him tight. 

The dream didnt continue. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey, what's with the nightmare last night?" Hyun suddenly entered the bathroom and I sigh, while brushing my teeth. I shook my head and he hugged me from behind, while taking his face wash. 

"I dont know." I spat out and rinsed my mouth. 

"Seems like I'm too scared of meeting your mum... " My words trailed off, as I saw him washing his face. 

He sighed, and talked back about how his mum is the best and she is actually a very nice lady, but I can't concentrate. Every night, I see this face of him, and I never get tired of it. Is it me, or is this a really weird long dream? He rinsed off and he turned to look at me, still talking. 

"You're going to just stand there?" He asked and I stuttered, woke up from my dream. 

"You? Standing there? Watching me?" He asked and I blushed. 

"No.. Not... Certainly not." I replied hastily and started to walk out of the bathroom. 

"Are you sure you are going that way?" He asked and I frowned. 

"Of cou-" My words hung when I turned around and saw him taking off his shirt. 

"Gaah!" I ran out of the bathroom and slammed the door behind me. His laughter echoed in the bathroom as I slowly fell on the floor, holding my burning cheek. 

"Stinky ert!" I yelled out and crawled away from the door. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As he walked out of the door, he looked once again inside the house and he closed his eyes. Maybe it's for the best. He sighed and closed the door, locking it and put on his shade, before passing the box filled with his stuff to his manager. 

"Min Ho, will you accept the new drama?" His manager asked and he smiled.

"I dont know... What do you think?" He asked back and the manager thought for a while. The walked inside the lift, as Min Ho's eyes looked around, part of him yearned to see her, part of him wanted to avoid her. 

"It will definitely bring up your popularity.. I heard that it is the biggest project this year." The manager explained and he nodded thoughtfully. 

"Yeah.. I think I'm going to do it..." He answered vaguely and they exit the lift, into the basement's car park. 

"Okay... If that is the decision..." The manager struggled to punched in the details in the scheduler in his phone. 

"I'll be going first." Min Ho said, and the manager nodded. "To meet her again?" He asked and Min Ho nodded. 

"She must be really lonely... So.. I should... " He replied and the manager walked towards his car. 

"Okay, I'll put this stuff in the office." He smiled and Min Ho lifted his hand as good bye and unlock his car, before climbing in. 

He watched as the manager's car dissapear and he stared at his wrist. 

He touched the pink bracelet, like a kid with a his teddy bear. Closing his eyes and sitting in silence. 

 

 

"Yah! Bring my purse! I forgot it on the drawer!" A familiar voice approaches, and Min Ho looked at the door, where she walked into the carpark, talking to the phone. 

Min Ho stared at her, his chest paining. 

"Yes, yes. I'll be waiting down here. Geez." She replied before hanging up and smiled widely. THat smile. THe smile that he wanted her to have when she was around him. But she never give that smile to him. SHe never smile that way when she's with him. He sighed deeply and as she walked to a car, parked at the corner of the carpark, she walked passed his car. 

She stopped for a while, in front of the car and looked at it. For a while, Min Ho thought that she had seen him, but she looked away, sighing and her facial expression changed. 

For a moment she stood in front of the car, without saying anything, and her eyes turned watery. 

"THat's not my car." Suddenly a man called out and she looked away, started walking again. 

"I know!" She started to stride again towards the parked car at the other side of the lot. 

"Who's car is this?" Hyun asked and she shrugged. 

"I dont know, I was just curious..... becuase they are tinted soo dark." She smiled briefly and Hyun pulled her into his hug, whispering to her things that Min Ho couldn't catch. 

His throat tighten as he saw that bliss and happy expression of the couple, and he started the engine, drove as fast as he could, out of the parking lot, with sounds of tyre screeching behind him. 

Once at a junc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter