Chapter 36

It Started With An ice Cream
 
 
 
 
Alternate ending: continuation from chapter 35
 
 
 
 
"Lu....Luhan.. Luha-" and your tears began flowing down non stop. Luhan looked at you dumbfounded, didn't know what to do next. You cried hard in front of Luhan. Soon enough, you were engulfed by Luhan's warm arms. Those arms that you missed so much. 
 
"Luhan - it's really you.... I missed you.." you said between cries. Your head burried deeper into Luhan's chest and held him tightly. A moment of silence was that bad that you realised that Luhan hadn't been answering you. You looked at him and he continued to looked forward, not wanting to give eye contact. 
 
"L-Luhan.. You don't.. miss me?" You sobbed. Luhan was taken aback, and he looked at you. 
 
"No. I miss you. Don't misunderstand. Aera, i- I'm sorry to hurt you.. I read the note you left and i'm just dumb enough to not believe you. I'm so sorry Aera. I really am.." But those eyes of his looked as if Luhan's lying. Though you felt as if he is in front of you but he just isn't there, you still hugged him tighting due to the fact that you missed him so so much. Luhan placed his chin on your heap and such that your face was buried into his nape. 
 
You whispered, "It's alright. I'm just glad your here." 
 
Luhan released the hug with you and wiped your tears away. "Let's go home." 
 
"But where do you stay?" You curiously asked. 
 
"Currently in a hotel." Luhan said it expressionless. That made you even sad, like you still miss him a lot more than before. 
 
"Oh." You said. You walked off with Luhan, thinking about what's on his mind. Luhan held your free hand, and you smiled at the touch of it because at least he thought of holding your hands. 
 
Once at your doorstep, Luhan kissed your forehead sweetly and walked off while badding you good bye.  
 
You went into your room and wild thoughts appears. But you fall sleep as soon as possible. 
 
••••••••••••••
 
Two days,
 
Four days,
 
Six days,
 
2 Weeks
 
It hurts you to think that Luhan hasn't reply your messages and calls. Luhan hasn't reply anyone form of communication. Luhan hasn't been asking you out on a date. You wondered why. It hurts to think that he may have another girl he loves. It hurts to think that he doesn't love you anymore. And it hurts to think that you still loved him. 
 
1 month. 
 
Until now, still no communication. You thought he might be on vacation and for that particular week but no, he still hasn't been answering your calls and messages. You didn't know where he lives though. That's what it, you couldn't take it anymore. But you still contained the feelings. 
 
3 months. 
 
5 months. No form of any communication. You cried everyday. 
 
6 months.
 
6 months then you saw Luhan holding a girl's hand. At the mall, with Kimae. Luhan stood beside his new girlfriend and kissed her forehead like how he'd always would do to you. 
 
"Uh. Aera..... Isn't that.... Luhan.....?" Kimae spoke and you spun around, knocking Kimae on the face with your hand. Once you turned, your eyes focused on Luhan's back, that you noticed. Followed by his hand, holding tightly onto a girl's. 
 
Your world crashed apart. You were about to faint. But no, you were going to confront Luhan. He ran to him with Kimae behind you. Your tears streamed down your face while you ran a few metres. You muttured to yourself, no no no no no.. this can't be. You pinch yourself, hoping that all these are dreams. Nightmares that you never wanted it to happen. Pinching doesn't work. Knocking your body against others doesn't work. Seems like it's real. 
 
"Luhan! LUHAN! Lu......" You ran to Luhan as if all this love meant your whole life. He wore a tux, he never wore that. The girl looked affluent and prettier than you. And damn you were wearing an outfit which doesn't look any rich. You held onto Luhan's hand. He turned around he looked into your tear strained eyes. 
 
"Lu... please.... tell me.... what is going on..." You tears ran down even more as you spoke those words then you never wanted to say to Luhan. Yet, you said it. 
 
"A-Aera." He looked at you, then looked back to his girlfriend, "Wait for me in the car park. I'll be right there." Then he kissed her forehead and she walked off. 
 
••••••••••• 
 
Luhan walked in front of you and Kimae went home, leaving you and him to settle things. 
 
At the roof top, Luhan placed his hands on the railings while you stood on the ground, looking grief-striken. 
 
"Luhan.... Please.... Please don't... I- I - I need you.... I beg you...." You buried your face in your hands while Luhan turned to look at you. You felt a pair of hands surround your body and you looked at Luhan. 
 
"I- I'm sorry, Aera. I'm just never good enough for you. We just can't be together." Hearing those words made you cry even more. 
 
"No! Luhan! No! You were everything to me. What have I done....? What have I done that made you leave me? Who is that girl!? Abd why haven't you been returned calls and messages!" You said and Luhan lowered his head. Being too frustrated, you shouted, "After all I done, I got this. I haven't been hearing from you! You haven't been talking to me! You avoided me for 6 months! A ing 6 months! Do you know how upset and frustrated I was?! Do you?! If you don't love me at all, why don't you just say it the last time we met?! I can't Luhan..... I can't live without you! I always tell myself, maybe you lost your phone or your email got hacked or other possibilities I can think of! I was hurt Luhan.... I was hurt....! I thought this day would never come and indeed it did..... Luhan, just tell me..... To make it easier.... Do you love me?" You hair was messy and your face was filled with your tears. You held your head as if you're having a headache. You stood there, cry badly and your legs were getting wobbly. 
 
"No. I don't. The reason why I read the note and hugged you is because I thought we were just friends..." Luhan said firmly. You cried even more. 
 
"Why....... Luhan.. what have I done...?"
 
"You done nothing. I just didn't have the feelings as before. I'm sorry but i have to go. Take care, Aera." 
 
"NO! LUHAN COME BACK pleaseeee.... Luhan i need you........ Please....." You dropped on the ground and cried. You brought your knees and cried hard as soon as you realised it's over, it's never gonna happen again. 
 
You stood up after when you're done crying. You're emtionless. Walking around the mall holding your bag and walked out of the mall. You still cried continuously, not caring the obvious stares. You walked home while crying and when you got home and opened the door, you collasped on the floor and fell unconcious. 
 
•••••••••••••LUHAN POV••••••••••••
 
I walked off crying. I'm just sorry, Aera. It was an arranged marriage. 
 
I still love you. I hurt you in order for you to not love me anymore. Be strong. I'll come back for you someday. I can't promise that. But i know i will.  
 
 
•••••••••••••
 
6 years later. 
 
"Yah Aera-ah! Stop running around! Come to papa, I have ice cream! Look here!" i spoke. Ice cream. just get out of my head. Little Aera ran around the house. 
 
"Daddy daddy! Look!  It's auntie Aera! She has the same name as me!" Little Aera spoke. i looked up and nodded at Aera. Aera smiled while walking with her fiancé holding her hands. My heart still breaks at the same times. Atleast she moved on. 
 
"Aera look! See what auntie and uncle bought for you! Chocolate! Your favourite!" Aera spoke and smiled. 
 
"Yayyyy!!!!!! Thanks auntie Aera thanks uncle Kris! Daddy look! Can I eat it?" Little Aera said. She walked to me and asked. 
 
"Of course, sweet heart. Tell uncle Kris to help you with it!" I said. Aera sat at the bench while smiling and the younger. 
 
"Uncle uncle! Help me!" 
 
"Okay Aera okay."
 
••
 
"So.. How are things with Kris?" 
 
"Great. Never been better." 
 
"Never make a babies so i could have someone to call me uncle?" i asked. Aera looked at me and chuckled. 
 
"Maybe? Maybe not." Aera smiled at me as I looked her in the eyes. 
 
The same old Aera i know. The one that smiles prettier than anyone else in this world. 
 
Little Aera walked to her uncle and shared her ice cream. 
 
At least, Little Aera gave me hope. 
 
 
 
_____________________________________
 
 
Okay. Done. I guess this would be the end of this story. 
 
I know this chapter is sad and a little cliche but i hope you like it. 
 
I didn't know how Kris became Aera's fiancé. Neither do I want to explain further. OOPS. 
 
I hope you enjoyed this story so far. 
Thank you for your support and all. I love you guys. So so much. 
 
Check out my story; Behind Bars, staring Sehun and Seohee. 
 
Once again, thank you and Happy New Year :) 
 
-_KissMe