I'm back

It Started With An ice Cream

 

chapter 16
 
 
LUHAN'S POV
 
The next day in school, I pretended not to know her. I even changed my seat next to a nerdy guy. But of course, my heart hurts, still. 
 
I missed sitting beside her, talking to her. My mind kept on flashing what happened yesterday: that she was lying against a guy's shoulder — crying — and my tears fell uncontrollably when i get home. I regretted what I did, I really did. If I could turn back time, I would have defend her instead of Hara. I —
 
"Luhan? Answer question 2b." The teacher interrupted my train of thoughts. Yes, all the more she should interrupt me or I'll cry in class, again. I quickly work out the answer. 
 
"ummm. (x+2)(x-5)" I replied, genius!
 
"Well then, very well. Listen in class and don't daydream." She reprimanded me. I'm already angry at myself, how much do you want to scold me, hmm teacher? I looked at Aera. As usual, sleeping. But then I saw her paper wet. It's either she's drooling. Or worse, crying. Can you just slap me already? 
 
Break time was close and I intended to talk to her. I waited patiently as time passes y. i'm gonna cry if I lose her forever. I'm serious. Finally it was break time. She woke up from her nap, stood up rubbing her eyes and stretching. She walked out of the class without looking at me. 
 
I frowned and held her hand tight. 
 
"Let go of me." That was what she said, sternly.
 
"I'm not. Can we talk at the rooftop afer school? If you don't mind." She tried stuggling from the grab. I let her go, and instead of telling me yes or no, or nodding her head, she walked away with no response. 
 
I sighed heavily, felt like bursting into tears right now. But i can't let her see my vulnerable side, yet. I just hope she would see me after school. I went to my table, took a nap. I'm hungry, but i didn't have the appetite to eat. My friend of course, find me and invited me for lunch. But I rejected.
 
"Hyung, what's wrong?" Lay asked. 
 
"Nothing. You guys go ahead and eat. I'm not coming." I replied, placing my head on the table without my arms acting as a pillow. I almost cried talking to Lay and thinking about Aera. 
 
"Oh come on. You are heart broken. I can see that. Come on, let's go get a bite." Lay smirked. I sniffed. 
 
"No it's okay. I'm n-not heart broken. I don't have te appetitie." I lied, obviously. my head still on the table.
 
"You know what, I'm not going to stop pestering to get a bite unless you are standing up and telling me what happened." Lay scolded me. 
 
I lifted my head, "URGH fine!! Stupid idiotic Lay. Can we talk at the staircase? Not here." 
 
"That's the spirit. Let's go." Lay said, "And no i'm not stupid nor idiot. so shut up." I rolled my eyes, tsking at Lay, "Please. You are just running away from the fact." I told him while walking to the staircase. 
 
"Well talk about youself. I bet you do that to yourself too." Lay said. We sat at the staircase, and I stayed quiet.
 
We talked, and talked, and eventually forgotten about lunch. Lay gave me advices, especially told me to stay positive. He gave me ways to get Aera back. And wow, my little dongsaeng knows how to deal with this. And me? I'm not experience. What the irony was, he was the one who told me to eat, but we were sitting there and talking till breaktime ends. 
 
By the time it was the 2 lesson before school ends, my stomach was grumbling. I couldn't wait to talk to Aera. She will show up. I know she will. 
 
During classes, to distract myself from knowing that i'm hungry, I was learning how to spin the pen. Yes, i'm lame like that. The whole of the rest of school I was learning how to spin my pen. Okay maybe it didn't work quite well. 
 
~~~
 
I waited at the rooftop. I remembered that day when she came up to the rooftop and fainted. I was panicking, but managed to stay focus though. I know that Aera will come. I'll wait for her no longer how much it will take me. I just know she will.
 
"Hey, umm. Make this quick. I have to go." Aera said. Well that scared me. 
 
"Okay." I continued as I look into her eyes, "Aera about that day. I — I'm sorry. I'm really sorry... I realised what a jerk I was. If I could just turn back time, I would definitely side you instead of Hara. I should have believe you... I'm really sorry. Can you accept my apology?" Oh no Aera please don't cry. Please don't......... 
 
Aera stood there dumbfounded, she didn't speak a word. Her eyes look shiny, tears are building up. The next thing i know, she ran away crying. I stood there, my legs felt numb, but my instinct told me to bring her back to my heart. 
 
I ran after her, trying my best to hold back the tears as well. I hugged her from the back, "Please Aera... I need you. I miss you..." Talked as my tears rolled down. Aera's cryings can be heard so clearly. 
 
I turned her around, cleaned her tear strained face with my fingers. I tucked her fringe aside, carressed her face. She cries heavily. 
 
"Shhh. Don't cry. I'm here." I said. 
 
"I miss you, —oppa. I miss — you so much.." Aera said between cries and sobs and sniffs. 
 
"I miss you too. Don't cry already. I'm sorry." I said. 
 
"Apology — accepted.. *sniff*" I smiled. My little heart jumped around, my little head says "YES!" 
 
 
 
xxx
 
STUPID WRITER'S BLOCK. STUPID FULL SCHEDULE. I'M SO SORRY. it has been almost a month since the last update! I'm really sorry!!!!!! :( Gosh i feel so bad. I hope to update as soon as possible... ><
 
I hope that this chapter made you cry? I hope. Because i definitely didn't cry while reading what I did. :l
 
LOTS OF LOVE. BYE BYE! 
subscribe! comment! upvote! thank you! :)