C5: Away (Yuri's POV)

Indecisive

Summer is coming nearer and nearer and I can already taste the hot air that comes with it. Who knows what this break has in store?

I was going about my day, lazing around and browsing through the book I'm reading entitled "White is For Magic", the last book to the sequel "Blue is for Nightmares." I love getting lost in the story and just dive deeper into its meaning until I heard my parents enter the house as they got back from work. 

"Yuri!!! We're home! Please come down NOW."

I quickly ended the 9th chapter to the book and rushed to meet my parents.

"We have important news to tell you."

Those words seem to trickle down my spine and clearing my throat I asked, "wha - what is it?" with my eyes gleaming onto to them.

"Okay, so, your father talked to his boss and guess what..."

"What?" I murmured.

"He needs to work in Japan for 2 months and since summer is approaching, we're going to stay there for vacation!" My mom exclaimed, raising her arms in excitement and hugging me afterwards. I hugged her back in joy and glee and my dad joined in, giggling.

"Well, isn't this exciting? Japan? Wow, dad"

He cut me off. He said, "Well, since its Japan, I want you to learn basic Japanese. Just basic and a little bit of their culture. And if you do, I'll let you roam the the city alone, maybe even get your own apartment."

My jaw dropped. "REALLY?! OH MY GOD, THANKS DAD. I will! In fact, I'll start right now!"

EVEN BETTER. Thank God I'm of legal age. It wouldn't be really as much fun though if I was with them the whole vacation. I mean, its vacation! Though I can't bring any of my friends since my dad said his boss only gave 3 exact tickets for us, it wouldn't hurt to make friends there. And as a token of our friendship, I promised Cielle and Dan to bring them whatever they ask me to buy. I don't really have to worry about mom. She has been to Japan multiple times and knowing her, she made a lot of acquaintances there. Though we both agreed to spend a week together then I'm set for my own apartment.

After hearing the good news about it, I rushed to chat with Cielle and Dan and told them what's gonna happen this summer.

"Oh my god, you guys. My dad's gonna work in Japan for two months. So, we're gonna go and spend the summer there!"

"What?! You will?! Holy -- That's awesome!!!!!  Daebak!!!! Korea would've been better though hahaha^^" Dan replied

"You're going to Japan?! Take me with you! TTuTT" Cielle said.

"I want to but dad only asked for 3 tickets. I promise, whatever you have in mind for me to buy, just send me a list. It'll be my pleasure."

"Hey, wait a minute. Isn't Seungri and Daesung going to Japan this April?" Dan asked. I can sense her eyes widen as she typed those words.

"Oh god. Wasn't that the latest news about them?!" Cielle added. 

My head started to spin. I didn't reply to them for a moment and hurried to open my twitter and check Seungri's profile. And there, I saw it. He tweeted that he'll be in Japan soon. SOON. When is soon?! No date. Of course! How stupid of me to think that he'd put up a date. 

"Guys, he just updated... I think I'm gonna faint."

Dan: "OMO. THEY'RE. GOING. TO. JAPAN. *O*
AND. YOU'RE GOING THERE. AND OMFG OMFG OMFG." 

Cielle: "YOU'RE SO LUCKY MAN. TAKE ME WITH YOU PLEAAAASE." 

Cielle: OH GOD OH GOD."

Me: "GUYS IDK WHAT TO DO WITHOUT YOU. I'M GOING TO PLEAD MY PARENTS FOR TICKETS. DO NOT WORRY."

And that's where the conversation ended. I felt excited and at the same time nervous. What if I did see Seungri there? What if I get the chance to meet him? What would I say? Or do? I'm freaking out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

School days have ended and in exaclty one week, we're going to Japan. I asked my dad for the tickets and with no hesitation, he just gave me them. I told Cielle and Dan that they're able to join us in our trip and I told them how we're going to get our own apartment. Life is going great. But then, I remembered Seungri. The thought of going to the same country as my favorite celebrity with two of my best friends. Its nerve-wracking but I just can't wait. To make me feel less nauseous, I decide to forget Seungri along the way. It was kinda hard since I was with Cielle and Dan who wouldn't stop talking about it for 10 minutes but you know, its to keep me company. I'm also very thankful since they're parents allowed them to go with me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We arrived in Japan! Praise the Lord for making our trip safe. I looked around, 50% percent hoping to see Seungri, the big star in Korean AND Japan and half of it hoping that I wouldn't. Since me and my mom had an agreement to spend a week together, she disregarded it. I recalled her telling me that she had job to do there as well so she'd be busy too. My parents toured us around Tokyo a bit and after site seeing, we ate dinner at this small ramen shop. It was WAY different from what we eat back home and the weather was cold, a perfect touch to our night. They appointed us to our apartment and was surprisingly big enough for the three of us. As we said goodbyes, they left their number and address just in case. We settled in, unpacked our bags and that's where all the adventure started.