C1: How It Started (Yuri's POV)

Indecisive

They say that your attitude is based on the music you listen to. I, for once, listen to music that not a lot of people choose to listen to. I never opened my mind to new things and I don't explore into the world of music. Basically, I am a girl who listens to indie bands and pop punk music and greatly dislikes KPOP. The world will judge me if I'd ever like that genre because people know me for hating it.

It was summer. Lazy days, hot afternoons and sleepless nights. I was with my cousin, Marcus and we were inseparable. We had the same attitude, likes and even the same birthdate only, he was a year older than I am. What we don't have in common though is our music taste. He was the person who listen to KPOP and songs that topped that charts -- the songs that become popular. 

One afternoon, he plugged in his speakers and started to play all these kinds of songs that I can't understand but have an upbeat tone to to it. Of course, I wouldn't understand since it was in Korean. A lot of songs have finished playing till this one track caught my attention. It got stuck in my head and I started to hum the tune. I finally asked him what the title was and he said it was called "Love Dust". It becaome our jam and I was starting to become a hypocrite.

I got addicted to it and listened to it multiple times in a day and asked him again who sung it. He said it's "Big Bang" and I was so allured that I researched about them. Wikipedia isn't much of a help to to know their latest updates but it was enough for me to know them better. G-Dragon, real name Kwon Ji Yong, is the leader, main vocalist and rapper of the group. TOP, real name Choi Seung Hyun is also a rapper, Kang Daesung was their vocalist so with Dong Youngbae and Lee Seung Hyun and all of them had a talent for dancing.

I admit, I became addicted. It was ecstasy to my veins. I searched for their official facebook and found them finally. There, I've waited for updates and confirmations about their world tour and finally got a confirmation in our country. I went berserk and almost shed a tear when i found out. I was excited. I got tickets to see the show with 2 of my friends, Cielle and Dan. I was hoping to see TOP. He's my bias since he had a deep, y voice, piercing stare, tall, handsome and his name was the easiest to remember. 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Concert day. I was staring at TOP the whole time. I breathed the same air as them. I can hear their voices and more importantly, I can see them upclose. I was even lucky enough to get a ticket so near the stage. From afar, you could see TOP's dimples and skin radiated white from the bright lights. But one member caught more of my attention. I would have never expected to be looking at Seungri. I know it sounds rather assuming of me to even say this but I could tell that he was looking right back at me as well. I know everyone else can feel the same way too, but this one, I can totally tell that he was. My palms were all sweaty and I can see his eyes lock with mine and he'd finally go away to the other parts of the stage. Have you ever heard of the term "Bias wrecker"? Because that's what Seungri is. He wrecked my biased list because he's even more handsome in person than in pictures.

From that day on, he has always crossed my mind. In fact, he never left it. From the moment I wake up till the minute I fall asleep, he's always the first and last thing that comes into my head. I sometimes even think to myself, "I guess this is how it feels like. To fall in love with someone who doesn't know you exist." It hurts. Especially when you set your standards so high that he could only fit to become your husband. Too far? I think not.