C37: Second Wave (Yuri's POV)

Indecisive

The crispiness and dullness of her words made my night so warm that I couldn't sleep. I woke up to the sound of the doors slamming due to my mom's stressfulness. Her work's really getting into her and my dad barely even has time for us anymore. At least he's not being relocated. And by the way, in case if you were wondering, my dad is an international chef. Relocating to another country just means that other chefs are inviting him, sometimes even giving him an offer to stay for months just so he could learn a few tricks and recipes personally taugh by the chef. On the other hand, my mom is a company manager and since a lot of her employees were new, she has to train them all over the building.

Since it was the weekend, I decided to prep myself up and head to Cielle's house. I already sent Dan a message to tell her to come too. As I went downstairs, my parents already left. I couldn't even find the time to say 'good morning' to them. 

I went straight to Cielle's house at around 9am and since there wasn't anything to do, of course, she was still asleep. "You could just go upstairs and wake her up." Her mom said. So I did. Entering her room was almost like entering a den. She likes her room to be neat and tidy but it was a gloomy day so it seemed like entering someone's lair. Now to do the hard part, forcing her to open her eyes. I started to shout her name repeatedly while standing up. She didn't budge. It took me more than 5 minutes to do it and soon later, Dan entered. "Could you wake her up?" I asked. "Up until now you couldn't try?" She said. I shook my head. Dan started to shake Cielle's shoulders repeatedly until she finally woke up. "Why are you guys here?" She said, while rubbing her eyes and stretching. "I really need to talk to you both about something and I couldn't sleep last night." Cielle yawned and said, "Wait, tell me right after I take a shower." She got up and headed towards the bathroom.

"Hey, do you still have that camera?" asked Dan.
"Yeah.. I actually have it with me."
"Why?"
"I don't know, maybe we could try to figure it how somehow."
"Can I have a look at it?" I handed her the camera and she was simply scanning it.

"Can't we just break this?" She asked.
"I'm not sure... The reason why I'm not beraking it apart is because someone might now how to track it down."
"Hmm... Then we better search for someone good enough to know." 

A few minutes has passed and Cielle was finally finished. 

Holding up a towel and drying her hair, she said, "Okay, you can tell us now."
"Okay, so, last night, I fell asleep and at around 3 am I woke up. I was expecting Seungri to call so I immediately picked it up. Get this, it wasn't him at all. It was a woman. A woman!!"
"What the hell??? What did she say??" Asked Cielle.
"Well, at first I could only hear her breathing then after a few seconds she said, 'Stay away from them or you'll face consequences' something like that."
"Then what?" Dan asked with her eyes wide open.
"That was it. She hung up. I called Seungri after and said to send him the number. He might be able to track it down but I have doubts since he's in Korea and well, we're in America." The room suddenly felt chilly while we were talking about these so called stalkers and just as creepy as it is, all of our phones beeped at the same time.

"Hey, uh, guys? Do you know who's number this is?" 
"No, do you know?" Dan said.
"Wait.. This is freakin' weird. How can our phones ring at the same time hence have different unknown numbers as well?" Ciell asked.
"I have no idea but the message on mine was a number 13. What do yours say?" I asked.
"Mine's a number too. Its a number 5." Said Dan.
"Mine is a number 6." Said Cielle.

My heart was pounding, like in any minute I could pass out. "What the hell is this and who the is it?!" I said, almost shouting and my eyes were trying to tear. "Calm down, we'll figure this out." Cielle said. "Wait, maybe we could arrange these numbers..." Dan's suggestion was brilliant and in just a few moments, we tried to figure it out.

"Okay, so mine is 13, Dan's is 5 and yours is 6..." 
"We could arrange it by ascending order.." Cielle said.
"So, its 5-6-13... What could this mean???" Dan said.
"What if its like a date??? May 6, 2013?" Cielle made perfect sense although..
"What if we got it wrong? It could be June 5, 2013?" I told them.
"How are we sure that its a date? It could a... A... An adress or something?" Cielle was twsting her semi dried curls to give it its form.
"How can this be an adress to somewhere if we weren't given a place? Plus, whoever was on that phone last night only told me to stay away."
"But how could this be connected with last night? And how did they get our numbers?" Dan was becoming a little frustrated. She was scratching her head and things become more serious. 
"Its easy to hack a phone these days. How about try to call them?" I suggested. Without any second thoughts, we all tried to call at the same time but all three phones were dead. "Okay, this is serious . I really have to call Seungri." As I went out of the house to find an alone time talking to him, Dan and Cieelle did the same thing... But you know, Cielle forced Jiyong to call her instead.

Seungri: "Yeoboseyo?"
Me: "Seungri?"
Seungri: "Yuri? Is there a problem? Its 1 am... I'm kinda sleeping.."
Me: "Yes there is."
Seungri: "What?" 
Me: "Seungri, I'm at Cielle's house right now with Dan. And suddenly, at the same time, we all recieved a text message from three different unknown ID's."
Seungri: "What does it say?"
Me: "We all recieved different numbers and we tried to arrange it. So far, we only concluded that the numbers seem to form a date."
Seungri: "A date? When?"
Me: "That's what we're not sure of. But our theory is May 6, 2013 or June 5, 2013."
Seungri: "Whoa--"
Me: "Listen to me. I want you to be careful. Please. We don't know what's gonna happen on these days or whenever, okay?"
Seungri: "Wow, now it seems like the opposite... You know, you telling me what to do--"
Me: "As much as I want to joke around, I can't. I'm serious."
Seungri: "Alright! Alright. Sheesh."
Me: "Seungri!"
Seungri: "What now?! C'mon I'm just kidding."
Me: "Well I'm not. Bye, Seungri. Good night."

I hung up as quickly as possible. I did get pissed at him. Its like all of what's happening, he's not taking note of. What the hell is wrong with him? I went back inside the house and saw that both of them were still on the phone. I needed to cool my head down for a while and soon after they finished, I said, "This is making me crazy. I don't think I'd be able to sleep till May 6 or June 5 passed." "Just, calm down. I'm afraid too but we have to stay calm. Just.. try our best to be careful and as much as possible, wait." I've never heard Cielle talk so placid. Her voice took my heigtened mood down and Dan was also surprised. 

Leaving the house and into the car for a little road trip, just for  today, I told Dan and Cielle, "The games are about to begin..."

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I do not know what the Japanese translations that are on that GIF. Please just look at his reaction DDD: