C46: Exchange

Indecisive

(Yuri's POV)

 

"Mom, can't I take this cast off?"

"No. Doctor said that it'll heal at least about a month or 2."

"THAT long?" I rest my head on the dining table.

"Yuri, stop whining and eat your breakfast. You still have to go to school."

Oh right. School... I mean, I don't technically hate it. I don't love it either. But I'm leaning towards the side where I dislike it so much. Seungri's in the hotel, now that I'm fine, with his hyungs. 

So far, no one suspects that I'm dating a celebrity from Korea who is actually known in LA.

Most of them, really, don't listen to KPOP which is why I'm thankful. Technically speaking, it was only me, Cielle and Dan who have the interest in that genre plus, the population in our school is small, almost everyone knows everybody.

I eat my breakfast, dress up and get into to my mom's car. 

"I'm not used to this..." I say.

"Not used to what?" She asks.

"You driving me to school..." Which was true since I usually just take my car, pick up Cielle and Dan or it was either one of us who do it. I was handicapped so I had no choice. 

"It won't be long anyway. You could always ask Dan or Cielle for a hitch." She says.

"Oh, before I forget, text me whoever is gonna pick you up which I suspect Seungri."

I smile a little. Does she approve of him? Does my dad approve of him? So far, I heard that he made a great impression on them the night he took care of me.

"Yeah, I think he's gonna pick me up. You don't have to worry about that." 

 

People were staring at me like something's stuck to my teeth.

I ignore them since I know they were looking at my cast. 

"Take a picture. It'll last longer." I shout at the guy who I have not seen before. His stare turns to me, as if he didn't know he was looking at my shin and walks away.

Dan and Cielle walks up beside me and Dan asks, "what was that about?"

"I'm sick and tired of people looking at me like I did something wrong." 

It was getting on my nerves but I let it go anyway. 

 

After class, we immediately tried to get out school. But what really shocked me was when we saw him standing outside waiting for us.

TOP with his casual pink sweater, blue jeans, and his black ray ban sunglasses, waiting for us. Standing there, people not minding him.

As we come closer to him, almost walking faster than the usual while I hold on to my crutches.

"This is amazing." He says, looking at the people around him. He looks like a kid at a park.

Cielle runs to him and covers his face with her jacket.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITHOUT ANY COVER?!" She shouts and pushes him to the bushes.

"Wait! Cielle!" He couldn't breathe and almost tripping. I finally reach my destination as Dan helps him up.

"Look around!" He demands. No one was really minding him. There wasn't even a single paparazzi following him.

"Nobody knows me here." TOP says. Which was true since nobody didn't react. People just walked passed by him, not knowing he was a Korean Pop star.

Cielle lets go of TOP and examines the whole place. She then smiled, slightly embarrassed and took a few steps back.

"I. Am. So sorry..." She bows. "Its okay. I understand." He wipes off some dust off of his sweater and says, "The guys were busy. Seungri and Daesung were working out, GD and Taeyang went to Chrome Hearts again so I insisted to pick you guys up" he seemed happy about it.

"I don't think its necessary.." Says Dan. "I mean, you'd look like a driver--" 

"If thats how you put it. Besides, it was my intention. I want to know you guys better." He offers Dan the front seat, Cielle takes the back and assists to hold my crutches as I sit down.

We drive to this little cafe isolated from any other shops that TOP had recently discovered. Even I didn't notice it until today. 

The ambiance was fantastic. Not much people are in it and the theme takes you somewhere like a safe haven. There was a second floor too, and that's where we took our seat.

TOP, who is ever so generous, pays for our coffees and starts a conversation.

Little by little we get to know him, from where he was born to how he started in YGE. He told us the reason why he doesn't show his body to the public.
Since Sajangmin told him to lose weight, he did. And ever since then, his insecurities with his body hadn;t left. But time to time, when he works out, he lets Jiyong touch his body, showing off a hard abdomen which Jiyong believes that he does have a nice body.

Once we were getting comfortable with each other, he slips up about Hara.

"You were going to tell me something last night." he faces me. Dan and Cielle were listening.

"I was?" I asked.

"C'mon. About Hara?" He continues. 

"Ahhhhh! Goo Hara? Seungri's childhood friend??" Dan asks.

"Isn't she a part of Seungri's album?" Cielle adds. TOP just nods at them both with a gracious smile.

"OH. Yeah, that. Um.. Well..." I stare at them.

"Okay. I-I've been thinking lately that I am bit jealous about their relationship. I mean, they're just friends but what if... What if something happened to them while I wasn't with Seungri?" I started.

TOP leans forward, places his elbows on the table and clasps his hands together, carefully examining each of our faces.

"You know," He says, "Its normal that you get jealous in a relationship. In fact, its healthy," He stops for a moment and looks at me.

"But what's wrong with it is that it can sometimes be too much or, you keep everything to yourself that one of you don't know whats happening."

"Is this whats happening to you?" Cielle asks me. I look at her and sighed, "Kinda..."

Dan quickly turns to me and says "You know, you just have to be open. What's the worse that could happen?" 

And there, I realized how right they are. I just have to control myself to be either too possesive about him or I either become a close-minded person. I can't let him figure me out just by looking at me. Of course, I had to tell him things too.

But I just have to let everything out to TOP. 

It just seems a little easier to him at first plus, its like I'm practicing. 

Everyday, for about a week, TOP insists on picking me up rom school since Seungri decided to shoot videos here for his diary.

Seungri knows about this, of course but he doesn't know that I was actually telling TOP more and more about what I wanted Seungri to know, which is now making it hard for me to tell Seungri.

 

Thursday afternoon, I see TOP waiting for me outside. Jiyong and Daesung we're together to pick up Dan and Cielle while Youngbae oppa helps Seungri with his video editing.I could see TOP's eyes, eager for me to come closer but I can't walk any fast since my shin is casted. His fierce eyes staring at me while I walk up to him and try my best to smile, signaling that I was happy to see Seungri's hyung. Seungri, on the other hand, picks me up at home to drop me off to school and then goes back to the hotel and works. Like he said, he trusts his hyung to take care of me and he doesn't have any problem.

But I really don't know why he's making himself preoccupied, not even bothering to check up on me.

Why won't he let TOP just take his place?

 

 

 

 

 

Wait... Did I just say that?

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yep, I'm planning to make this a little bit longer than it should. Prolly a few more chapters and then its done. 

(No proofread D:)

Oh, and most of you probably know that TOP doesn't drive. Lets just pretend that he does. :3