Face to face

It's You And Me.

 

A few days later
 
This morning, i woke up extra early to prepare. I washed up and made sure that my face was all neatly shaven. After deciding on what to wear, i decided that i was in such a good mood that i helped make breakfast for the other members who were still soundly asleep. Walking to the fridge, i took out a couple of eggs and fried them. Then i toasted a few pieces of bread and coated them with jam. When it was all done, i arranged them nicely on a plate and served it, finishing off with a cup of milk for each member.
 
"Morning hyung-" Jungshin murmured, stretching his arms as he made his way towards me. "OMO IS THAT FOOD?!" he yelled as his eyes widen, almost bulging out from his sockets.
 
"YAH, LEE JUNGSHIN, KEEP IT DOWN WILL YOU!" Another grumpy voiced called, followed by an annoyed Jonghyun walking out. 
 
"HYUNG, YONGHWA HYUNG MADE BREAKFAST!" He exclaimed before happily sitting himself down, getting ready to eat.
 
"Yah yah, wait. Go call Minhyuk up first," I instructed him. Reluctantly, he got up from his seat and went into Minhyuk's room.
 
"Ah, today's the first rehearsal, isn't it?" Jonghyun said, not very amused. Picking up the glass of milk, he downed it before continuing. "Good luck hyung, get our hyung-soo nim back," he simply said, before breaking into a small smile. 
 
"Yah you jashik, gomawo." I smiled. Nodding, he turned around and went to the bathroom to wash up.
 
---
 
1 PM - SM ENT BUILDING
 
"This is it," I huffed as i prepared myself. Standing in front of the building, it suddenly seemed so intimidating and scary. 
 
Aish, c'mon Jung Yonghwa, man up, go in there and get Seohyun back.
 
"Neh!" i said with determination as i walked in. When i reached the reception counter, i told them my name and they directed me to the lift on the left. Thanking them, i made my way there. 
 
"Which level is it again?" I muttered to myself as i looked at the array of buttons ranging from 1 to 25. "16?" I said uncertainly, frowning. The door was about to close and i was about to press the button "16" when someone came in.
 
"Sorr- Yonghwa-ssi?" i looked up and found Key-ssi looking at me, wide-eyed.
 
"Neh! Anneonghaseyo!" I bowed at him. Bowing back, he smiled before asking me what i was doing here. After i told him the summarized version of our 'soap drama', he laughed and nodded. "Ah, i've heard, too."
 
"Ah, jinjja? Oh, could you please tell me where practice room 3 is?" All this while, while having our small conversation, the lift's door was wide open. In short, i was going to be late if i didn't move now.
 
"Hahaah, it's on the 15 floor~" he chuckled upon seeing my lost expression.
 
"Kamsahabnida," I said, pressing the button. Well it was a close guess!
 
Soon after, the 'ding' sound could be heard, signaling me to make my exit. Once again thanking him, i made my way to the practice room.
 
--

Seohyun's POV:

 
"Seo Joohyun, it's going to be alright, you can do this!" I said softly to myself. 
 
No you can't Joohyun, a voice in my head said.
 
Yes you can! Don't give up! Another chirped.
 
Oh you know you still have feelings for him, it's going to be awkward. 
 
No, i'll be fine! We can still be friends, isn't it? The supportive voice reasoned.
 
"Aigoo," i sighed, shrugging my shoulders. Taking one last look at my attire, i finger-combed my hair before opening the door to the practice room. When the door opened, i was greeted by Yonghwa oppa who was sitting on the couch in a corner, bobbing his head along to the music that was playing. It was the banmal song. The banmal song that we wrote, together. After a few moments, he noticed me and stood up, walking towards my director.
 
Omo, ottokhae? I  shrieked internally. What should i do? kcvklaVkjdnx. 
 
Right, manners.
 
"Anneonghaseyo, Yonghwa-ssi." I said awkwardly, giving him a 90 degree bow.
 
"Deh, anneonghaseyo.." he greeted back, looking rather surprised at my sudden formality. 
 
I have always been a very formal person, no matter towards who. I guess appa and umma raised me up to be like this. But after knowing Yonghwa oppa, he was the first person i could finally use banmal with, comfortably, but now, it just wasn't the same..
 
"Seohyun?" Yonghwa oppa's voice broke my train of thoughts.
 
Seohyun. The way he called my name sounded so comforting and familiar.
 
"Gwanechana?" He asked, concerned. Nodding my head, i went to put my bag down before turning to him. 
 
"Shall we start?" I wanted to start as soon as possible, to make things less awkward. 
 
"Alright, here's the lyrics," he said, passing me a piece of paper. I noticed that him himself didn't have one, so i asked him if he needed it. However, he shook his head and replied, "Gwaenchana, i can never and will never forget the lyrics to this song," before slightly smiling.
 
Nado, Yonghwa oppa. I can never forget.
 
--

Yonghwa's POV:

 
After finding the practice room, i settled down and took out the CD from my bag. Inserting it into the CD player, i pressed 'play' and turned the volume up. Bobbing my head along with the music as i absorbed every single word.
 
"우리서로반말하는사이가될거야, 한걸음씩… 천천히다가와. 내두눈음바라보며, 말음해졸래,널사랑해"
(we can have a banmal relationship, one step at a time, slowly walk closer. Look at me in the eye, can you tell me, “I love you”)
 
Suddenly the door opened and in came Seohyun. Standing up to greet her, she beat me to it by giving me a 90 degree bow and saying, "Anneonghaseyo, Yonghwa-ssi"
 
Yonghwa-ssi. 
 
Why was she being so formal with me again? Does she not know me?
 
Her last word pierced through my heart and made my insides cringe. "Deh, anneonghaseyo.." I replied, half-heartedly. Her being so formal with me again bothered me, in fact, it bothered me a lot. But i was determined to change that. Looking up, i saw that she was too, spacing out.
 
"Seohyun?" i called.
 
No reply.
 
"Gwaechana?" I asked. She seemed really preoccupied with her thoughts. I wonder what she was thinking about. Nodding her head, she said nothing but walked to the couch and placed her bag down.
 
"Shall we start?" She suddenly asked. 
 
I bet she's trying to hide the fact that something's bothering her.. aish, Seo Joohyun!
 
"Alright, here's the lyrics," I said, passing her the lyrics. She stared at the lyrics for a moment and then looked at me and my empty hands. "Don't you need the lyrics?" She asked. 
 
I chuckled internally. Why would i need the lyrics when i wrote the song, for us?
 
I shook my head. 
 
"Gwaenchana, i can never and will never forget the lyrics to this song," i said softly before smiling.