Tic Toc

It's You And Me.

 

"Don't, go in there." Her words came out cold and harsh. Her expression was fixed and determined, and he knew that she wasn't gonna budge.
 
"Don't, stop me." He echoed with the exact same coldness he was treated with. He didn't like the way she was stopping him. He thought she knew how he felt, but he was wrong. She didn't.
 
She knew that he was angry, or rather, she knew how hurt he was. She knew how no matter what she said now, it wouldn't help to ease the situation. So all she did was stare straight into his eyes, looking into his heart and hoping that he'd know where she was coming from.
 
"Let's go have a drink, alright?" Her expression slowly soften as she reached out to pull him along, even before he could protest.
 
---
Soon, they settled down at a cozy and desolated bar, where the would not be noticed. Immediately within seconds, he had already ordered 4 shots of tequila and began downing them once they were served.
 
Sitting beside him, all she could do was stare at him helplessly, as she racked her brains in search of something to say. And finally, she decided to go with the truth.
 
"She didn't want that to happen," She blurted out as she reached for the freshly served tequila shot. She needed something to make her feel less guilty for breaking her promise to Seohyun.
 
 
Flashback
 
"Unnie, promise me you'll keep this to yourself?"
 
"Araso, but wae? Why won't you tell him the truth?"
 
"I know him too well. He's not going to let things go just like that unnie. I don't want sajang-nim to cause any trouble for him, because you and i both know how capable he is of doing so.." She sighed.
 
"But don't you think he has the right to know?"
 
"If this is going to protect him and keep him out of trouble, let me be the bad person. I..I just want him to be safe… even if it means him hating me… forever. So unnie, promise me that you won't tell anyone the real reason, okay?" Seohyun looked at her with pleading eyes that were already b with tears.
 
End Of Flashback
 
 
"But she made it happen." Yonghwa replied coldly. Why was she trying to change his mind? Why was she trying to defend Seohyun when the very fact is that she left him, for Kyuhyun.
 
"It's not what you thin-"
 
"DON'T TELL ME IT'S NOT WHAT I THINK IT IS. I SAW WHAT I NEEDED TO SEE." He yelled, his fist coming into contact with the table top. Suddenly, everything stood still. The bar went silent, the bartenders stopped making their drinks, and all eyes were on him.
 
Her eyes widened at the scene he just created. Was he out of his mind? Did he want the whole world to know that both of them were here, together? Flustered, she stood up form her seat slowly and made a 90 degree bow to all the patrons, apologizing for the scene. "Sorry everyone, one round of drinks on me." Her last statement earned cheers as everyone went back to their usual activities. 
 
Just as she was about to sit down, Yonghwa stood up and was about to leave. Grabbing his hand before he could go, she told him firmly to sit down. And somehow, by some miracle, he did.
 
"Listen, it wasn't her-"
 
"What do you mean it wasn't her!"
 
"IT WAS SAJANG-NIM,OKAY." She blurted out. His impatient attitude was slowly getting on her nerves. Here she was trying to explain to him something that could change his life and there he was, getting all impatient with her. She wasn't obligated to put up with his attitude, but she was too tired to even get mad at him. All she wanted was to clear the misunderstanding.
 
"What do you mean, it was sajang-nim? Your sajang-nim, or mine?" He asked dubiously.
 
"Oh jesus christ," she murmured. Was he THAT stupid? " Obviously mine you pabo. He forced her to break up with you. She did this all for you okay?" She sighed before gesturing to the bartender for another shot of tequila. 
 
"So i was right…" Yonghwa bowed his head down and murmured to himself as he tried to get hold of the situation now. So Seohyun's sajang-nim told her to break up with me? That's why? It wasn't because she didn't love me anymore? But Kyuhyun…they were together, how was she going to explain that?
 
"But Kyuhyun-shi? You're just covering up for her isn't it?" His blood started to boil again at the thoughts of Seohyun and Kyuhyun being all lovey-dovey. 
 
"Aish, ani..it's not what you think!" She groaned frustratedly. This guy was driving her crazy.
 
"Kyuhyun and hyunnie was just..they..they were just-"
 
What were they doing? She wasn't exactly sure why they were even together but things were definitely not how they seemed to be! "Aish, i've said my piece. Whether you want to believe me or take all these as a bunch of lies, it's up to you." With her last sentence said, she took out some money from her purse and placed it on the counter and turned around to leave even before Yonghwa could say anything further.
 
---

Seohyun's  POV:

"Thanks for sending me back Oppa~" I smiled. After our coffee, Kyuhyun oppa insisted that he had to send me home because it was getting late, even though i told him it was fine. Finally we reached my apartment after a good 20 minute walk.
 
"Gwaenchana~" He chuckled, running his fingers through his brown locks.
 
"Well if you have nothing else to say, i guess i'll head in-"
 
"Actually Seohyun, there's something…umm..there's something i wanna tell you," Kyuhyun oppa murmured, just loud enough for me to hear. Curious of what he had to say, i looked at him eagerly, anticipating for him to tell me. Instead, all he did was rub the back of his neck nervously and chuckle awkwardly.
 
Aigoo, why was he behaving so weirdly?
 
Frowning at sight of him being flustered, i pried further, "So.. Oppa? What do you wanna tell me?"
 
"Actually.. actually, i umm.. i-"
 
"Seohyun-ah!" Someone called out before he could continue.

A/N: Omo, what does Kyuhuyn have to say to her? And what will Yoong do? :/ Stay tuned! x