Annyeong.

It's You And Me.

 

Somehow, I was dreading the walk to the park. Each step I took, seemed to have a piercing effect on my heart.
 
And me still pondering on how to break it to Yonghwa didn't help much either. My mind was son occupied that I didn't notice that I had reached a bench where Yonghwa oppa was sitting at until he called out for me. 
 
"Sit," he pointed to the empty space next to him with a warm smile. 
 
Hesitantly, I joined him. 
 
"So... What were you going to say?" Yonghwa oppa asked. 
 
"We... have to break up." I shut my eyes for a moment, preparing myself for Yonghwa oppa to burst.
 
 I thought he would be angry at me. I mean its only right that he was, but instead he stared straight into my eyes, whispering, "Why?" 
 
I remained silent, staring straight ahead. Just then, as though on cue, an old couple came into my view. They were so loving, holding hands and speaking to each other quietly. 
 
For a moment I wanted to be like them. I imagined myself with Yonghwa, doing the same. I broke into a subconscious smile at the thought of that, but it wasn't long before Sajang-nim's face appeared in my mind once again. 
 
"Seohyun, is something wrong?" his voice rang in my ears and brought me back to reality. His eyes were already red and b with tears threatening to flow.
 
 It was the first time I saw a guy cry, the first time I saw a guy cry - for me. 
 
"Yonghwa oppa, mianhe." I stood up and just as I was about to leave, he grabbed my hand and took me into his embrace. The way he hugged me, the way he refused to let go no matter how hard I struggled.. all reminded me of the time he finally remembered who I was. It was that heart wrenching feeling that was simply indescribable. 
 
And for that moment, everything stood still. 
 
---Flash back---
 
"Seo Joohyun, i love you"  Yonghwa oppa whispered in my ear, before lightly kissing my cheek.
 
I stood motionless in my him, but then  slowly reciprocating the hug. My grip tightened as tears started forming in my eyes.
 
"I promise, i'll never ever, forget anything that has to do with us, ever." He hushed.
 
Pushing myself away from him, i stared at him intently. My eyes were then, already red and bloodshot. 
 
"Y..you..re..remm..." I tried to said with difficultly as i  tried holding back my tears that were already flowing down my face.
 
Placing a finger on my lip, Yonghwa oppa gently nodded and pulled me into his embrace yet again.
 
"Seo joohyun, i'm never letting you go, you hear me?" he assured me.
 
---End of Flashback--
 
"Why?" his words came out barely a whisper. "Did I do something wrong?" 
 
"A..aniyo.. Its not you, it's because.."
 
Argh how do I break up with someone?! Seo Joohyun, think!
 
"I don't, l..love you an..anymore.." I stammered. 
 
I couldn't stand it any longer. I stood up and started to run. I could hear Yonghwa oppa's voice shouting for me to come back, but I just kept on running. 
 
Tears streamed down my face like a waterfall. And suddenly, I felt really..empty. Why was I feeling like that? Why does it feel like something is stabbing my chest? Was this the feeling of...a heartbreak?
 
Before I knew it, I was out of breath, out of tears, and in front of our apartment. 
 
Wiping my tears away with the back of my hand, I retied my hair into a high pony tail and straighten my clothes. I must not let my unnies see me like this.