Little Hyunwoo

The Red Garden's Chronicle (hiatus)

 

-Johanna pov-

 

I walked pass Toby’s apartment on my way home and accidently bumped into a kid. He bowed and apologizes quickly. I smiled by his action and bend on his level, patting his head.

 

“Are you new here? Cause I never seen you before.” I said.

 

He lowered his head, “No.”

 

“Oh… then, you come here to play with your friends?”

 

“…no…”

 

I raised my eyebrow. I brought my hand to his chin, tilting it so he would face me, “Are you lost?”

 

He shook his head.

 

I paused, thinking of another questions but before I could even do that, Eli appeared out of nowhere and tackles me in a hug, making me forget about the question I wanted to ask.

 

“What are you doing here?” I looked at him over my shoulder.

 

He rested his chin on my shoulder, jutting his lips, “Stalking you.”

 

“What?”

 

“To keep you safe. I’m scared that maniac might hurt you again.”

 

I smiled and patted his head. He slowly let go of his hold and looked at the kid who was looking blankly at us. Eli cupped that child’s face and told him to go home, which makes me confused and puzzled.

 

Now why would he ask him to go home? Did he know him?

 

“I wanna see Toby.”

 

Wha? Toby?

 

Eli shushed the little boy and asked him to go home for the second time. But that boy was stubborn. He left us and walked towards a bench.

 

I held Eli’s hand, asking him what’s that all about but he only shrugged and shook his head like he didn’t know anything.

 

Hmm, more like didn’t wanna tell me anything. He’s hiding something.

 

I slipped my hand off his and folded my arms. He spun to face me as I gave him a questioning and angry looks. He scratched his head, still didn’t wanna say anything.

 

I pouted and quickly left for home. I could sense him following me from behind but I ignored his presence. He’s aware of it so he catches up to me and stood in front of me, preventing me from walking.

 

“Look,” He started, “It’ll be better if you ask that kid yourself.”

 

“Why can’t you just tell me?”

 

“It’ll be better if you hear it from him.”

 

I went silent. There’s a hint of seriousness in his tone which means I need to ask that kid myself. Why? Cause he’s always right every times he talks with that tone. Sighing in defeat, I nodded while gave him a pout.

 

He caught me off-guard and pecked my lips. My cheeks went red all of the sudden so I pushed him playfully.

 

“Don’t… do that.” I muttered.

 

“What? You don’t like it?” He teased.

 

“People might watch us. It’s not nice.”

 

It’s his turn to pout now. He folded his arms and focused on his shoes. Childish much? Well, he just loves to sulk. I would usually leave him be cause he’ll eventually come to and apologize for being all sulky.

 

I pinched his tummy, kissed his cheek and told him that I’m off to Toby’s place to see that kid.

 

“Wait; I wanna come!”

 

-End-

 

-3rd person pov-

 

Toby walked out of the elevator with a bag of garbage in her hand. She took it to the dumpster and lazily dumped it. And as she spun around, she bumped into the little boy whom she known as her son.

 

“What are you doing here?” She asked softly, “Where’s Daesung?”

 

Hyunwoo shook his head, wrapping his arms around his mother’s waist, “I wanna see you, mom…”

 

Toby froze and went silent. She doesn’t wanna push him nor say bad things to him so he would go and leave her alone. She has a kind heart for children. You can say that children are one of her weakness.  

 

Without her knowing, a tear slowly slid down from her eye socket. And also without her knowing, a couple watched them from afar…

 

-End-