Accepting

The Red Garden's Chronicle (hiatus)

 

-3rd person pov-

 

A girl with pink tank top, black shorts and a pair of flip flops strolled along the sidewalk in the half-busy road.

 

She kept on walking till she was far away from home. Her eyes were filled with fresh tears, her cheeks soaked with dried ones. She sighed heavily. She didn’t know what to do. Should she go back home and face the couple who admitted that they’re her daughter?

 

She couldn’t help but trusted them no matter how much a part of her yelled and rebelled to not to.

 

She glanced at her phone which showed that it’s almost 2 pm. She sighed again. She spun around; facing the direction where she came from and let her legs carried her to who knows where.

 

She walked and walked till she reached a playground, a playground where she and her friends used to hang out together. She sat on one of the swings, resting her elbows on her knees with her chin in her palms. Her eyes stared blankly at almost nothing. She seemed to be daydreaming or in a trance that she didn’t realized someone was calling her name, tapping her shoulder at the same time.

 

“Laia? Hey.”

 

The girl then snapped from her reverie when the person caressed her cheek softly. She turned to her right, clumsily wiped her teary eyes with her hands.

 

“Yuki…,” She croaked, “I… I didn’t hear you coming.”

 

The boy curled his lips. He crouched in front of his friend, looking at her with worried. He brushed the bangs that covered half of his eyes to the side and smiled. Sadly, it’s a sad one.

 

“Are you… okay?” She asked.

 

“How about you?”

 

The girl shook her head.

 

“I just can’t stop thinking of Hara. She still didn’t wanna talk to me or see me. She even hates me.”

 

She felt sorry for him. Closing her eyes shut, she wrapped her arms around the boy’s neck, leaning forward to hug him.

 

“My parents,” She whispered, “They’re still alive and they’re here.”

 

“Your parents?”

 

“My real parents.”

 

The boy rubbed her head, “At least you still have them, unlike me.”

 

She cried silently, hugging him tightly, “If they love me then why did they give me away?”

 

“Everything that happened has a reason. Look at the bright side, if they didn’t give you away, you wouldn’t met Kevin and us.”

 

Chaehyeon pulled away. She looked at Yuki’s face with red and puffy eyes. For a moment, she went silent.

 

-End-

 

-Kevin pov-

 

“Do you have proof that she’s your daughter?”

 

I’m not trying to argue or anything, I’m just trying to confirm everything. Mr. and Mrs. Dong were calmed all the time.

 

“Yes, but we couldn’t show it. Not now.” Mr. Dong said.

 

“Okay then. One last question, if Chaehyeon’s your daughter then why your last name is different from hers? The first time I found her, her name is Yeo Chaehyeon, not Dong Chaehyeon,” I paused, “My aunt asked me to change her last name but I refused.”

 

They gave each other a look.

 

“Well?”

 

Mr. Dong sighed, “It’s because it is fake. We have to use Dong for our last names to cover our identity.”

 

I raised my eyebrow, “So you’re Mr. and Mrs. Yeo?”

 

“Yes.”

 

I shook my head, not sure whether to believe in them or not. Well, I do believe in them. I owe them my life after they’ve saved my sister. Besides, they didn’t take her away. Instead, they brought her back to me, which shows that they are worth to be trusted.

 

Huh, guess I do trust them.

 

I wanted to say something but a sound coming from the gate stopped me. Laia slowly swung the gate opened and closed it back. Then, she stared at both Mr. and Mrs. Yeo.

 

“I’m sorry.” She bowed.

 

Her parents were more than happy to see her. They ran towards her and hugged her lovingly.

 

“Mom, dad,” She muffled, “I’m sorry.”

 

Mrs. Yeo kissed her forehead, “It’s okay.”

 

I smiled to myself. Looks like my sister already found her parents. This is such a wonderful news. I’ll tell my aunt and uncle about this tomorrow.

 

“Oppa!”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Join us.”

 

I chuckled and quickly joined the family hug.

 

-End-