Unexpected

The Red Garden's Chronicle (hiatus)

 

-Inyeon pov-

 

We drove along the empty highway. I don’t know where Nicole is taking us. She kept smiling whenever we asked her. It’s really creeps me out. I mean, what’s up with the smiling?

 

It feels like she’s up to something. Minhwan kept telling her to just turned around and go home but she ignored him. All she said to us is, wait and see.

 

Nicole sped up as soon as we drove along the bridge. I held on to my seat while my heart beating faster…

 

IS SHE TRYING TO KILL US?

 

“SLOW DOWN!” I shouted.

 

“CAN’T, IT WON’T BUDGE!”

 

“YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!” Minhwan shouted from behind.

 

All of the sudden, the back seat’s door near Minhwan opened by itself and he was thrown outside. I spun around after unbuckling my seatbelt to look at him. He was rolling really fast across the road and I could hear him screaming in pain after that.

 

“OPPA!”

 

And before I could know it, the car hit the side road railings, breaking through it. And half of the car was hanging freely between the bridge and the water below me.

 

And to make things worse, I was hanging on the edge of the bridge, holding the concrete with dear life.

 

“HELP!” I shouted, hoping that someone would come and save me.

 

I glanced at the car but Nicole was no in sight. I frowned. Could she fell into the water? Hope not.

 

Suddenly I saw her right in front of me.  She flashed her big smile while offering her hand.

 

“Thank god you’re safe!” I panted.

 

She held on my hand but didn’t pull me up. I called her name several times but it seemed like she didn’t hear me. She kept staring at me with her big smile that started to creeps me out.

 

“Hey, pull me up.” I said with shaky voice.

 

“Hmm, I’m afraid I can’t do that.” She said, loosening her grip.

 

“Wha-what do you mean?”

 

“Farewell…” She let go of my hand slowly.

 

And the next thing I could remember was the sound of water splashing.

 

-End-

 

-Chaehyeon pov-

 

“So how’s the food?”

 

I looked up at Mrs. Kim and then at the food. Erm, well, the food is good but I’m just too full to finish it.

 

“It’s tasty.”

 

“Have some more.” Mr. Kim gave me some meat.

 

I smiled and looked at my plate full of food with a sighed. Ugh, do they always force people to eat? Seriously, my tummy can’t store anymore food.

 

I felt dizzy all of the sudden. My tummy started to ache. Damn, what’s wrong with me? Don’t tell me that these two are trying to poison me.

 

“Dizzy?” Mr. Kim asked, “Stomachache?”

 

What? How did he know that?

 

“Umm, I gotta go home now.” I excused myself.

 

As I stood up, Mrs. Kim went over to the door, locking it. She then grinned at me while taking out a knife from the side table.  

 

“What are you doing?”

 

Mr. Kim stood up, “Well, we’ll make it simple. We want to kill you.”

 

WHAT THE !

 

“Kill me? What… what have I’ve done?”

 

They didn’t answer me. They approached me slowly so I backed away. I stumbled a little due to my dizzy head.

 

God, think Laia, think! You must get out of here!

 

“Don’t worry my dear,” Mrs. Kim smiled, “It won’t hurt.”

 

-End-

 

-Hanjin pov-

 

Finally, I’ve arrived in Busan!

 

It was dark yet there’re still people wandering around. Hmm, just like Seoul.

 

I looked around for Key but then I realized that I don’t think we’re gonna recognized each other since we’ve been apart for years.

 

Huh, great… just great.

 

Anyway, I think it’s kinda weird that Key didn’t want me to tell anyone about him. Not even our parents. Hmm, oh well. At least I got to see him and that’s what’s important to me right now. But then again, how am I supposed to meet him? I don’t even know what he looks like.

 

I sighed and sat on a bench with my bag pack beside me.  Now what? Should I go to a hotel or something?

 

Suddenly, someone patted my shoulder. I turned to my right and saw a guy. A good-looking one that is. He was smiling at me.

 

Is he trying to flirt with me?

 

I folded my arms and lifted my eyebrow. He then shook his head and offered me a hug.

 

“Hanjin, it’s me, your brother.”

 

-End-