Secrets Unfold

The Red Garden's Chronicle (hiatus)

 

-Hanjin pov-

 

I kept running and running till my feet couldn’t carry me no more. I was exhausted and sleepy. Since I couldn’t run anymore, I decided to walk slowly. I’ve run for like forever but still, there’re no signs of houses or the town.

 

I wanted to give up but I’ve saw a small house not far from here. I smiled in relieve and jogged towards the house. I stopped at the porch, fished out my phone to check whether there’re any signals.

 

And thank god there’s a little so I quickly dialed Hongki’s number but there’s no answer. The second attempt was a failure, and so does the third.

 

Damn you Hongki!

 

Suddenly, the front door opened, revealing an old woman. She looked at me in confused, asking me whether if I’m lost. I told her that I need to go to town. She smiled, took her car key and gave me a ride to town.

 

It took us about 15 minutes to get to town. I asked her to drop me at the nearby bus stop.

 

“Thank you.” I said.

 

“You’re welcome my dear. Be careful now.” She smiled and left.

 

I looked around. I felt like a total stranger. I sat on a bench, curling myself into a ball.

 

I wished you guys are here with me right now…

 

I fished out my phone, trying to dial Inyeon’s number but my phone went out of battery…

 

-End-

 

-Toby pov-

 

The night was rather quiet and lonely. I guess it’s the perfect time to hang out at the playground or should I say our playground. With a can of beer I sat on the slide, leaning comfortably against it. Drinking beer when I’m sober or down is a bad habit of mine that I can’t seem to wrap in a box and throw it away.

 

I closed my eyes, gripping the can firmly on my stomach.

 

“Toby?”

 

My eyes fluttered open. I saw Inyeon staring down at the can of beer which I quickly put down on the ground beside me, hiding it even though she already saw it.

 

“You’re still drinking?” She asked in disbelieve.

 

I sighed, gave her a look and nodded. I could see disappointment in her eyes. I couldn’t open my mouth to say anything. I was lost for words. I didn’t expect to meet my friends here tonight… not in this situation.

 

Quick, I must think of something to get out of here…

 

As I stood up, ready to leave, another voice stopped me. Inyeon and I turned around and surprisingly saw Laia with Hyeonjeong. Not long after that came Yuki and Anna.

 

This whole coincidence thing is like friends reunion…

 

-End-

 

-Yuki pov-

 

Anna and I were planning to go to the playground and stumbled along the others. We didn’t expect them meet them here.

 

“Where have you guys been?” I asked, folding my arms, “We can’t reach any of you… mind to explain?”

 

None of them talk. They only lowered their heads. Were they keeping some kind of secrets from us?

 

“Are you guys fighting?” Anna said.

 

Inyeon glanced at her and shook her head.

 

“Then?”

 

Okay…” Laia finally spoke. She stepped forward with visible tears in her eyes, “I don’t know about them but this summer has been the worse summer vacation of my life,” She closed her eyes, “Unexpected things happened to me… my… my neighbor whom I thought the most kind and sweet neighbor I’ve ever met was actually a maniac who tried… who tried to kill me…”

 

All of us turned our attention to Laia. She inhaled the cool air slowly while choking back her tears. Why… we never knew about this… why didn’t she tell us?

 

“Top and I almost got killed by a stranger.” Toby confessed.

 

“Someone wanted to kill you too?” Laia furrowed.

 

I looked at Inyeon who was cupping her face, “You Inyeon?”

 

She slowly brought her hands down. She sighed heavily, “My so-called cousin wanted to kill me. She intentionally crashed the car at a bridge… then the car fell in the water. I thought I was safe when I grabbed and hold on to the ledge, hoping that she would save me… but instead, she reached for my hand and let it go… and I thought the nightmare was over but it becomes worst. She also killed Mr. Yang…”

 

Anna covered , leaning against the tree for support. As for me, I was clenching my fists. I can’t believe Nicole would do that. Why does she want to kill her and Mr. Yang? Have they ever do anything wrong to her?

 

“I… I was instead of being killed,” Anna wept, “Why does all of this happen to us?”

 

I gave her a sympathetic look. Looks like everyone got a big secret. Guess I have to share mine too…

 

“I kinda broke up with Hara because she said she saw me kissing with a… with a guy…”

 

“What?” They said in unison.

 

I sighed, “Look, I didn’t know what happened. This strange guy come up to me and the next thing I knew, he pinned me against the tree and kissed me. Strangely, I didn’t do anything. It felt like I was hypnotized or something…”

 

They all let out a sighed. And now, it’s Hyeonjeong’s turn…

 

“I um…” she started, “There were these two girls who wanted to kidnap me but Yoochun was there to protect me. Actually, I shouldn’t go out, especially at night cause those girls are still looking for me.”

 

“Why are they looking for you?” Toby asked curiously, “Do you know them?”

 

“I know one of those girls… It’s your cousin Nicole.” Hyeonjeong explained, looking at Inyeon.

 

“What?” Inyeon said, almost shouting, “So killing me and Mr. Yang aren’t enough so she went for my friends?”

 

Toby messed her hair and cupped her face after that. Anna was tearing up, along with Laia.

 

“Inyeon, she’s just wanna kidnapped me-”

 

“And then kill you… and I’m not gonna let that happen. I think that girl is crazy.”

 

“Maybe…” Toby sighed, taking a sip from a can of beer.

 

Wait; beer?

 

“I thought you stopped.” Anna spoke.

 

Toby got on her feet. She took a quick glanced at us and the beer, “Just don’t tell Soohyun about this… Anyway, um… it’s already late. I have to go. I’m still wounded and I need to rest.”

 

“Be careful.” I reminded.

 

She only nodded and left. Well, it is pretty late. All of us should go home now.

 

Laia stared at sky before leaving, “I hope nothings bad gonna happen to Hanjin…”

 

-End-

 

-Yunho pov-

 

“Call my dear Junsu and Jaejoong for me.”

 

I bowed before exiting Lady Heera’s room. I went downstairs, turned right to the living room where Junsu and Jaejoong were.

 

From afar, I could see them making out. Junsu was lying on Jaejoong’s lap while Jaejoong leaned comfortably against the comfy elegant sofa.

 

Rubbing my temple, I cleared my throat lightly to steal their attention.

 

“Aah Yunho,” Jaejoong smirked, “Wanna join us?” He winked while caressing Junsu’s sharp jaw line.

 

“I’ll pass. Anyway, Lady Heera is calling for you two.”

 

The both of them exchanged glances. Jaejoong shrugged and helped Junsu to sit up. Junsu then rose from his seat, giving me a smile before walking pass me.

 

Jaejoong followed him from behind. Before he’s gonna walked pass me, I told him not to do those things again, especially in Lady Heera’s place. In return, he leaned closer to my ear and said that he can do anything he desire…

 

“Don’t act so smart Jae.”

 

“A demon can do anything… even killing you.”

 

“Really?”

 

“I’m only loyal to Lady Heera. I don’t listen to anyone and that’s including you my dear butler.”

 

He my earlobe slowly before making his way to the stairs. I didn’t wanna say anything so I just watched him climbing the stairs with Junsu.

 

Kill me huh? Even though you’re a demon that doesn’t mean you’re strong Jae. I bet a monster like me is 10 times stronger than you do…

 

-End-