Kwon Hanjin Part I

The Red Garden's Chronicle (hiatus)

 -Hanjin pov-

“Yo Hanjin,” My best friend, Lee Hongki tapped my shoulder, “Sorry we’re late.”

I was waiting for them for like 2 hours in this cold student councils’ room. It’s a room where only the student councils’ could enter and that’s mean, no teachers allowed except for Mrs. Park, she’s an exception.

“Man I’m hungry.” Shindong rubbed his tummy.

“Sunday is for relaxing.” Donghae sighed.

“Ugh,” Jiyeon fanned herself, “It’s hot.”

I looked at everyone who was sitting around the big round meeting table, whining about today’s crap. Yeah, it’s Sunday today and the five of us were asked, well, more like forced to school to discussed about something. Thanks to the principal who always rely on us to looked over this damn school.

“Can’t we have a day off?” Donghae whined.

“The principal will nag at us again like the other day.” Jiyeon stated.

“Even businessmen had a day off. He didn’t even paid us, why should we-”

“Okay enough complaining,” I sighed, “The quicker we do this, the quicker we get out from here.”

“Can’t we just do this at home or something?” Shindong said annoyingly.

Hongki sighed, “Hanjin’s right. Stop whining, especially you fatty.”

I rubbed my chin, thinking of what the principal told us to do. Suddenly my phone rang. I flipped it opened and saw my mom’s name on it.

“Yeah mom?”

“Where are you?”

“School, why?”

“School on Sunday? You got to be kidding me.”

I sighed, “I got things to do with my friends.”

“Look, I want you to go home now.”

“What? But I-”

“NOW KWON HANJIN!”

I rolled my eyes and ended the conversation.

“I gotta go guys, duty calls,” I walked to the door, “We’ll talk about this next time.”

I opened the door and closed it behind me. Not long after that, I could hear them cheering and laughing in joy. Huh, kids. Anyway, I live in a mansion with my parents. My brother, Key, ran away from home for some unknown reason. He’s still missing up until now.

“Oh, you’re home.” Mom said from the living room.

I approached her lazily and sat beside her, “So what is it?”

“Well, your dad and I have some business to take care of overseas. So we want you look after our companies-”

“What?” I widened my eyes, “Me look after the companies? No way.”

“Kwon Hanjin,” She folded her arms, “You must do this whether you like it or not.”

“But can’t you just hire someone-”

“Our decision is final.” She stood up and walked away.

What the…. Ugh, I can’t believe they’re doing this without telling me.

I sighed and went upstairs to my room. I took my phone and called Hongki.

“Yes president?”

I pouted, “Guess what, my parents assigned me to look after our companies.”

“WHAT? YOU’RE SERIOUS? THAT’S TOTALLY COOL!”

“It’s not cool you idiot,” I lay on my king size bed, “Do you know what it feels like to look after five plus companies?”

“Well, wouldn’t it be fun? Food companies right?”

“Its’ useless talking to you. Later.” I hung up.

I closed my eyes as I let out a long sigh. I tried to calmed myself but can’t so I decided to go to the woods behind the mansion. The woods are the only place that can make me feel safe and calm cause I love nature.

The sound of birds chirping, tree leaves brush with each other, dancing with the wind. The air is also fresh here compared to the air I usually breathe every day.

I stopped walking as I reached my destination. I stared at the huge oak tree and approached it.

Huh, my mind feels so relax and calm. I slowly closed my eyes, enjoying the nature surrounding me.

“HANJIN!”

-End-