Na Hyeonjeong Part I

The Red Garden's Chronicle (hiatus)

 -Hyeonjeong pov-

“Nghh….”

I lay on the ground on my stomach. I felt so weak and in pain. Something inside me….. The evil inside me. I can feel it trying to control …. And the good within me…. I can feel it trying to fight the evil off and protect me.

“Hyeonjeong, wake up. It’s recess time.”

I slowly opened my eyes and saw Nickhun, smiling warmly at me. I rubbed my eyes as I yawned. Hanjin then approached me, eyeing me very closely. She then put her hand on my forehead as she nodded several times.

“What’s wrong?” Nickhun asked.

“Nope, just checking up on her.”She replied and walked away.

I sighed and went to the windows to have some fresh air. Huh, I always have these weird nightmares whenever I fall asleep. Devil and Angel, these two creatures often appeared in it. The Devil always whispered about the evil things while the Angel prevents me from hearing it. I don’t really know why.

What do they want from me?

I closed my eyes as I felt the cool wind on my face. It felt so cool and relaxing. I turned around, leaning against the eave as I stared at Toby and the others. Hmm, about the questions she asked the other day, I wonder what it’s all about.

“Hyeonjeong.” Chaehyeon pulled me to join them.

“Stop daydreaming you two.” Inyeon hit Johanna and Yuki’s arm.

“Stop hitting me.” They said in unison.

“Then stop daydreaming okay?”

Hmm, Toby went missing the other day while Yuki and Johanna keep daydreaming.

“Na Hyeonjeong,” Hanjin sat beside me, “I noticed that you keeps talking in your sleep.”

“I am?”

“Yeah, Nickhun and I saw and hear it.”

“Nickhun?” I looked at him.

He looked at me and nodded.

“Are you having a nightmare?” Chaehyeon questioned.

“Well, maybe.”

Toby then leaned forward, “So, any weird things happen to you this lately?”

Yuki and Johanna looked at Toby with uneasy expressions while the others looked at me with curiosity. I shook my head lightly and excused myself to the toilet. I could feel Nickhun following me from behind, like he always did.

I looked at myself in the mirror, gazing at my somewhat place face. Suddenly, my left eye turns pitch black while the other one turns light grey. My breathing then started to get heavy. I was sweating and then, a weird flashback hit me.

There, I saw myself lying on the ground not far from me, turning into a creature. A pair of black wings came out from my back, which at the same time, a long and Devil-like tail popped out behind me. The creature me then turned to face me, grinning; showing off those freakin’ fangs as its nails started to grow like 2 centimeters long. I took a deep breath as it slowly approached me. It looks like I was staring at my twin…. Evil twin that is.

“Your time is almost up.”

“Excuse me?” Someone tapped my shoulder, snapping me back to reality, “Are you okay?”

“Uhm, yeah.” I replied and walked out of the toilet.

I let out a deep sighed as I made my way to class with Nickhun still followed me from behind.

“You two, stand up,” Mr. Im, the most annoying discipline teacher pointed to Top and Toby, “You punks are still violating your school uniforms. I thought I already made it clear.” He hissed as he approached and stood between them.

“Dude, I mean Mr. Im,” Top scratched his head, “Mrs. Park told us that it’s okay.”

“SILENT! Un-tucked shirt and trousers are not okay.”

Toby sighed, “Well, you’re not that perfect.”

Mr. Im suddenly smacked her head. She quickly turned around, surprised as she glared at him. On the other hand, Dongho was laughing non-stop. He was sitting in front of me so it’s very annoying to hear his annoying voice.

We all know those things like this are his amusement. He loves to watch us whenever we gets into trouble and ends up laughing like a mad man. He even mocked us. What a twerp.

“Detention, NOW!”

Toby rolled her eyes and made her way out of the class without saying anything. Top just followed her from behind. They walked passed Dongho who was still laughing his off and started to mock them. Toby ignored him while Top shot him a glared and tried to hit him.

“What’s all that noise?” Mr. Im turned around.

Top continued walking as he still keeps his eyes on Dongho. He then swiftly ran towards him and smacked his head after Mr. Im continued doing his thing.

“Who’s laughing now?” Top said as he shuffled backwards to the door.

“Johanna, school is not a shopping complex.”

“Sorry?”

We all looked at Johanna. Hopefully she’s safe.

“Dentention.”

“For what?” Johanna stood up.

Mr. Im looked down at her feet and raised his eyebrow. Anna followed his stare and sighed at her black high heels.

“These?”

“Detention,” He smiled and made a scary face after that, “NOW!”

Anna quickly stormed out of class. I could see her mumbling. I bet she’s cursing right now.

Mr. Im then approached our row and scanned each of us from head to toe.

“Na Hyeonjeong,” He looked at me, “Detention.”

“What did I do?”

“Those.” He pointed at my stripy black and white knee-hi stocking.

So I stood up and made my way to Detention class.

“Wait up.” Nickhun appeared beside me.

I widened my eyes, “He got you too?”

“Yup.”

“Let me guess, your beanie right?”

“I hate him.” He pouted.

We then arrived at Detention class. We went inside and saw Top, Toby and Anna.

“Oh, why are you all here?” A soft voice asked.

We turned around and saw Mrs. Park Gyuri, our favorite head-discipline teacher. She’s new here anf guest what, she’s very nice to us.

“It’s that Im dude’s fault.” Toby said annoyingly.

“Oh yeah?”

“He even smacked my head.”

“Okay,” She sighed, “I’ll talk to him about this. Don’t worry okay?”

We settled down and waited while Mrs. Park called Mr. Im. Not long after that, Chaehyeon came.

“You too?” Nickhun asked.

“It’s her jacket.” Anna shook her head.

“Okay guys, you can go now. Everything is under control.” Mrs. Park winked.

“Thank god.” We all sighed in relief.

-End-