The Lost Daughter

The Red Garden's Chronicle (hiatus)

 

-Chaehyeon pov-

 

I was making dinner with Kevin in the kitchen. The strangers who saved me were still here though. It’s been a week now. They don’t seem to wanna leave this house. I am a bit scared about the couple who saved me from Mr. and Mrs. Kim. But they felt warm and how much I wanted to feel scared of them… well, I just can’t. In fact, it feels nice to have them here and I don’t think I want them to leave. It’s like I want them to stay and live here with us.

 

They’ve been married for almost 17 years now. They were Dong Taeyang and Dong Bom. Mrs. Dong told me that they had a daughter. Their daughter was lost so they’re here in Seoul to look for her. The way she told me about her daughter makes my heart touched. She was so sad, she even cried. She said she missed her so much. Maybe because of that, she treated me like her daughter. She pampered me, feed me… take good care of me, even Mr. Dong did the same.

 

At first I felt awkward and weird but as time goes by, I feel like they’re my parents… I know I may sound weird, feeling like they’re my own which I wished they were. But it’s impossible. I know it is.

 

They are the most adorable and loving parents I ever met. I hoped they could meet their daughter as soon as possible. My brother and I wanna helped them find their daughter but we don’t know how she looks like. They didn’t have any of her pictures except for her baby picture.

 

“Let me do that honey.”

 

Mrs. Dong took some eggs from me. She smiled lovingly and cracked the eggs into a bowl. I flashed a smile and went to the living room. There, I saw Mr. Dong staring at a picture frame of me and my family. He smiled and uttered something. Then, he looked at the picture of me. He took it in his hand and brought it to his face. I could hear him sniffing. He sighed heavily and placed the picture on his chest.

 

I don’t know why but my heart sank and hurt at the same. I feel like I wanna run to him and hugged him. Slowly, I approached him, tugging his sleeve gently. He looked at me with teary eyes. Smiling, he quickly pulled me into a tight embrace. It felt so warm and welcoming. He makes me feel loved again.

 

He brings me my late father’s love once again…the love that I yearned for since I was an infant. 

 

“Mr. Dong…”

 

“Can we stay like this for a while?”

 

Without giving it another thought, I nodded willingly. Usually, people would get scared if they were hugged by some stranger but this is different, completely different.

 

My arms suddenly made its way around his waist, wrapping around his small waist loosely.

 

“Can I tell you something?”

 

“What is it?”

 

Mr. Dong pulled away, resting both of his hands on my shoulders and squeezed it lightly, “Do you trust us?”

 

“Yes, with all my heart.” I blurted.

 

He smiled and patted my head. He then walked towards the kitchen. I was puzzled so I asked him what he wanted to tell me but before I could even do that, he swiftly spun around and said that he’ll told me about it later.

 

Hmm, okay then. Huh… why do I felt nervous all of the sudden?

 

-End-

 

-Kevin pov-

 

After lunch, Mr. and Mrs. Dong went outside of the house with Laia while I stayed in the living room, watching tv. They seem to be talking about something, something important…

 

I got a bit curious so I lowered the volume till their conversation’s audible to my ears. I shifted a little to the right, concentrating.

 

It sounds like they’re talking about Mr. and Mrs. Dong’s daughter. I furrowed and sneakily walked towards the door. I took a peek and saw that Mrs. Dong was holding my sister’s hands. She was crying while Laia only looked at her. Her eyes were glistering with tears.

 

What actually happened?

 

Biting my lips, I decided to meddle in their conversation. I slid the door wider to grab their attention. Laia turned to me, sobbing hard and hugged me. I gave the couple a questioning look which they returned with sad looks. For a moment, I was taken aback…

 

“What’s wrong?” I asked, “Is everything okay?”

 

My sister pulled away and spun around. She stared at both Mr. and Mrs. Dong, “If you guys really love me then why did you give me away?”

 

Love her? What’s that suppose to mean?

 

Wait; could they be… Laia’s biological parents?

 

Oh god…

 

“We have our reason,” Mrs. Dong sobbed, “We have to give you away. You don’t know how much we missed and longed for you.”

 

My sister wiped her tears away and shook her head. She then walked towards the gate and ran off. They tried to run after her but I told them not to.

 

I sighed, “Are you… her biological parents?”

 

-End-