Yeo Chaehyeon Part II

The Red Garden's Chronicle (hiatus)

 -Chaehyeon pov-

“Laia.” Yuki called out.

“Yup?”

“Close your eyes.”

“Why?”

“Just close your eyes.”

I sighed and closed my eyes. My friends and I were at my house, except for Hanjin. She’s kinda busy today and kinda cold towards us which we don’t know why. In fact, she’s cold to everyone. Top said that she might be in her stress mode but Hongki said that she’s having PMS.

As a result, Hanjin threw a heavy chemistry textbook at them. Good thing they dodged it. She then grabbed Hongki’s tie and dragged him away.

“Keep your eyes close and no peeking.” Yuki held my hand and leads me to somewhere.

“Are we playing games or something?” I asked curiously.

“Shussh.”

“But-”

“SHUUUUSSSSSHHHHHHHH!”

I sighed, “Okay- okay.”

I kept silent after that. My heart started to beat faster and faster. Yeah, I’m kinda nervous. Something tells me that these guys are up to something.

“SURPRISE!”

What the….

I startled a little from the sudden noise that filled my ears. I opened my eyes and saw Kevin with the others, smiling as they sang me a birthday song.

Wait, birthday song? I thought my birthday was months ago.

“Happy birthday Lai-a.” Toby poked my back several times.

“Yeah, happy birthday.” Top wiggled his eyebrows.

Kevin hugged me, “Happy birthday sis.”

“Oppa, my birt-”

“We know. But we never had the chance to celebrate it remember? So,” He handed me a big vanilla birthday cake, “Happy birthday.” He smiled.
“Thanks.”

“Happy birthday girl.” Dara hugged me.

“Happy birthday.” Anna and Yuki greeted me as they joined the hug.

“Happy- happy birthday.” Hyeonjeong and Nickhun joined the hug.

“HAPPY!” Minzy sang.

“BIRTH!” Chansung cheered.

“DAAAAYYYY!” Inyeon continued.

They ran towards us and joined the hug.

“We want a hug too.” Toby and Top shuffled towards us and joined the group hugs.

“Oppa, join us.” Dara said.

“Nah, I’ll pass,” Kevin giggled, “Just don’t suffocate her.”

We have a very nice and fun day today. Sadly, Hanjin is not here to enjoy it.

After that, the others went home since it’s almost midnight. I was about to go to bed when suddenly Kevin entered my room.

He sat on my single bed, “I wanna tell you something.”

“Sure,” I sat beside him, “What is it?”

“Do you believe in fairytale?”

“Well, sorta. Why?”

“Do you believe it if it tell you a true story about it?”

“Erm, I don’t know. What is it?”

He took a deep breath, “A long time ago, there was a young boy, a commoner to be exact, found a poor little baby in front of his door. It was raining at that time. The boy pitied the little baby so he took her in to shelter her from the rain and to keep her warm. The boy unwrapped the white blanket that covered her body,” he closed his eyes and opened it again after 2 minutes, “To his surprise, the baby has a pair of black wings and fangs. Her eyes were blackish red. The boy was afraid at first but soon, he let go of his fear and made a decision to take care of her.” He lowered his head.

“Then what happen?” I asked.

“Then they live happily ever after. The little baby grew up into a beautiful young girl. They become siblings after that.”

I furrowed. Siblings?

Kevin then my hair and hugged me tightly.

“Oppa?”

“The beautiful young girl… is… is you.”

-End-