Hyeonjeong Gone Crazy(?)

The Red Garden's Chronicle (hiatus)

 

-Nickhun pov-

 

I’ve just got back from New York and received a shocking call from Hyeonjeong’s secretary, Mrs. Han. She told me that she couldn’t contact Hyeonjeong for almost a week now.

 

I was worried plus scared that something bad might happened to her… and to think that Yoochun could be count to look after her…

 

I quickly hop on my car and drove as fast as I could to Hyeonjeong’s place. The sunny sky was suddenly placed by dark clouds and lighting as I arrived at her apartment.

 

“Hyeonjeong?” I knocked on the front door, calling her name several times.

 

When there’s no answer, I took out a spare key that she gave to me and used it to unlock the door. I gulped hard when I saw her place was dark and gloomy. The curtains were all down. I reached for the light switch next to the door and switched it on.

 

A relieve sighed escaped my lips when the light for the living room was on. There on the corner, I saw Hyeonjeong curled up in a ball with a knife in her hand.

 

God… what happened to her?

 

“Hyeonjeong…” I called out softly as I approached her.

 

Her eyes darted open. I stopped upon seeing her bloodshot eyes. She got on her feet; stumbling a little as she walked towards me. The knife was still in her hand. She tightened her grip on it, as if she wanted to kill me.

 

“Hyeonjeong?” I muttered.

 

She grinned and lifted the knife in the air, “go to hell…”

 

“It’s… it’s me Nickhun! Don’t you remember me?” I said in a panicked tone.

 

She chuckled softly before she attacked me. I spun around, ready to escape but she got a hold of my arm and pulled me away from the door causing me to fell hard on the floor, knocking my head on the wooden table. She approached me after she closed the door, locking it. I was too occupied by the stinging pain on my head that I didn’t realize Hyeonjeong was sitting on stomach, aiming the knife on my neck, ready to slit it open.

 

“What… what happened… to you?” I panted.

 

She didn’t say anything. She only grinned and laughed. She doesn’t look like the Hyeonjeong I once knew. No, this is not her. This couldn’t be her!

 

As she was about to slit my neck; Yoochun came to the rescue. He pulled Hyeonjeong away from me, snatching the knife in her hand while pinning her on the floor.

 

He whispered something in her ear which makes her eyes big for a couple of seconds before it returned to its normal size again. Soon, she passed out…

 

“You’re okay bro?” Yoochun asked as he helped me up.

 

I touched the back of my head and thank god there’s no blood. I nodded in response and nudged him, “What’s wrong with her?”

 

He sighed. He told me that Hyeonjeong got a phobia. When I was away, there’re two girls who wanted to kill her. So she got scared and hid in her apartment. It is so unbelievable. I mean, who would wanna kill her? She’s a good girl, she never do anything bad.

 

Yoochun patted my shoulder and went to her aid. He carried her to her room. I just sighed heavily and sat on the couch.

 

Could she have gone crazy?

 

-End-

 

-Hyeonjeong pov-

 

Oh my head… it hurts… ugh…

 

“Hyeonjeong?”

 

My eyes fluttered open and saw Yoochun sitting on the edge of the bed, flashing a smile at me.

 

“You’re okay?”

 

I shook my head lightly. No, I don’t feel okay. I felt tired, my head hurts.

 

Then, someone entered my room. He only stood there instead of approaching me. Yoochun turned to face him and gestured him to come closer. He shuffled forward till he was near my bed.

 

“She’s cool now.” Yoochun said.

 

Cool? What’s that suppose to mean?

 

Nikchun took a quick glance at me and turned away. It seems like he doesn’t wanna see or talk to me. Did I do something wrong?

 

“Hyeonjeong,” He spoke, “Mrs. Han called me and told me that you couldn’t be reach.”

 

Mrs. Han? Oh god… my company…

 

I rubbed my temples with a sighed. Nickhun patted my shoulder and told me that he’ll go to my company to make sure that everything’s all right while Yoochun stayed here with me.

 

After he left, Yoochun gave me a look and we started to have a little conversation about the two girls.

 

“I couldn’t stay here with you for a long time or those two might find you.”

 

“So you’re leaving?”

 

“I have to. How are you feeling?”

 

“Not so good.”

 

He nodded. He took my hand in his; squeezing it lightly, “Think positive. Don’t let it control you.”

 

It? Control me?

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Just… don’t let it control you.” He repeated.

 

Without saying another word, he walked out of my room and headed for the front door.

 

After an hour of rest, I finally gained a little energy. I decided to take a walk since I felt that I need some fresh air. I strolled down a playground… a playground where me and friends used to hangout…

 

I wonder how they are…

 

My eyes fixed on a swing. There’s a girl sitting on it. She looks like Laia. Gently, I placed my hand on her shoulder so I wouldn’t startle her. She turned her head around and uttered my name.

 

“Laia…” I uttered her name back.

 

She stood up and hugged me all of the sudden. She hugged me ever so tightly, like she had lost and found me. I didn’t do anything, I just let her hugged me…

 

“I… I’m sorry.” She apologized.

 

“For what?”

 

“Nothing… I just… a lot of things happened these lately…”

 

I nodded. A lot of things happened to me too. I wanted to tell her but I can’t seem to open my mouth to speak.

 

We settled down on the swing and didn’t say anything. We only watched the blue sky high above us. The only thing I heard is the sound of Laia’s heavy sighing.

 

-End-