The Pregnancy Test

The Red Garden's Chronicle (hiatus)

 

-Kiseop pov-

 

“Oppa, I don’t wanna go to the hospital.”

 

I sighed. Anna is somewhat stubborn. It’s already one, two… fifth times already. I don’t know how to talk to her anymore.

 

I watched her as she drifted off to sleep again. Hmm, maybe I should ask Eli to persuade her.

 

Yeah, I should. I quickly took out my phone and call her boyfriend. Hope she’ll listen to him.

 

-3rd person pov-

 

Johanna woke up at around 1 pm. She took a quick shower and went to the kitchen for breakfast. She smiled when she sees her boyfriend, Eli washing the dishes.

 

“You’ve become our maid now?” She teased.

 

The blonde guy turned around and smiled, “Well… maybe.”

 

Anna smiled. She took a piece of bread from the counter and ate it. Her smiles faded after that. She seemed somehow, bothered. Eli wiped his hands after he’s done with the dishes. He approached Anna who was leaning against the wall with a piece of bread stuck in .

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“Um, nothing.”

 

Eli looked at his girlfriend with concerned. He knew there’s something wrong. He sighed. He held her hands and gave her his warm smile.

 

“Kiseop told me to bring you to the hospital.” He said.

 

The girl raised her eyebrow and shook her head. She didn’t wanna go to the hospital cause she’s afraid of it.

 

“I’m… I’m afraid.”

 

“Afraid?” Eli questioned, “What are you afraid of?”

 

“Everything…” She shrugged.

 

“You know we have to check whether-”

 

“Please don’t say it.” She cut him and sighed.

 

Johanna didn’t wanna hear the ‘pregnancy’ word. She’s afraid if she’s really pregnant. Her boyfriend held her hands in his and pulled her into a hug.

 

After that, they went to a shop to buy some groceries. As Eli walked along the aisle, he saw something and a small smile formed on his lips. He turned to look at Anna who was having a hard time choosing between a milk and soda.

 

“Anna,” He called out, “Come here.”

 

She walked up to him and asked, “What?”

 

Eli pointed out. Anna followed where his finger was pointing at and widened her eyes.

 

“Well?”

 

“You want me to check it myself?”

 

“It’s the only way.”

 

She sighed and agreed. She took one of the pregnancy test equipment and went to the counter after they’ve finished shopping.

 

“Aah, a young newly-wed couple.” The female cash register said with a smile.

 

 “Huh?” Johanna looked confused.

 

“This.” She showed the pregnancy test box.

 

The couple looked at each other then at the woman.

 

“Um,” Eli scratched his head, “Yeah. We’ve just got married.”

 

“Yeah.” Anna added.

 

The woman put the last item in the plastic bag and handed it to them, “Well, good luck.”

 

Eli took the plastic bag and thanked her before they leave. He glanced at Anna from time to time and finds that her cheeks were red. He was too occupied with his staring that he didn’t realize that his cheeks were turning red too. It takes him a couple of minutes to realize it when he felt the burning sensation on both of his cheeks.

 

He pulled into a stop with Anna.

 

“I,” He started, “I’m sorry.”

 

Anna looked at him. She sighed and shook her head, “It’s okay.”

 

“I didn’t mean to make you feel awkward or anything. I…I don’t want her to think negatively of you, of us…”

 

“It’s okay Eli. I understand.” She smiled.

 

The both of them went to Anna’s place and Eli told her to do the pregnancy test. She took the box and went to the toilet. After 5 minutes of waiting, Anna finally got out. Eli looked at her nervously and prayed that it’s negative.

 

“So?” he asked nervously.

 

Anna smiled and hugged him, “I’m not pregnant!” She squealed happily.

 

“You’re not? Really?”

 

“Seriously!”

 

“Thank god!”

 

Eli was more than happy. He was very happy because his girlfriend was not pregnant. He hugged her tightly and pulled away. He was so happy that he pulled her into a kiss.

 

“Wow, I’m jealous.” Alexander said out of nowhere.

 

The couple pulled away quickly by their friend sudden interruption.

 

“What’s up anyway? You guys seemed happy.”

 

“I’m not pregnant.” Anna grinned.

 

“Oh really? That’s cool,” He said, “It makes me feel… less guilty.”

 

Eli chuckled, “Anyway, wanna go to the arcade?”

 

“Arcade?” Alexander said in awe, “COUNT ME IN!"

 

-End-