Na Hyeonjeong Part II

The Red Garden's Chronicle (hiatus)

 -Hyeonjeong pov-

Nickhun drove me to a company that my parents left for me to take over after they divorce. He accompanied me inside. We walked to my office as the staff greeted us with their smiles.

“Mrs. Na,” My 30 years old personal assistant, Mrs. Han bowed slightly, “How’s school?”

“Just great.” I smiled.

I went over to my desk and saw a pile of paper and files that needs to be check. Huh.

“Are you okay Mrs. Na?”

“Yeah, anyway just called me Hyeonjeong okay?”

“But-”

“It makes me feel old.” I pouted.

“Okay Hyeonjeong.” She giggled.

“Erm Mrs. Han, can I have something to drink? Thanks.” Nickhun said as he looked through the files.

“Okay, I’ll be right back.”

I sat on my chair and massage my temples. Man, handling a company is not a fun thing to do. It’s stressful.

“You know, you should hire someone to look after this company.” Nickhun suggested as he sat on the desk.

I looked at him and raised my eyebrow. Hmm, maybe I should.

“Well?”

Then, Mrs. Han came with two glass of apple juice. I eyed her from head to toe as she placed the drinks on the desk carefully.

“Mrs. Han,” I called, “I have a favor to ask.”

“Favor?”

“Replace me temporarily.”

“What? Are you serious?” Her jaw dropped.

“Yeah, don’t worry; I just need someone to do all of these things for me. But I’m still the boss though.”

“But I don’t think I can do it.”

“But Mrs. Han-”

“Hyeonjeong,” She took a deep breath, “Okay, I’ll do all of these things for you. You don’t have to worry about anything. Just don’t make me replace you.”

“Well, are you sure? It sounds unfair.”

“It’s okay. Beside, you’re still too young for this.” She assured.

“Okay than,” I hugged her, “Thank you Mrs. Han.” We’ll be going now. Let’s go Nickhun.”

“Drive safely.”

Huh, I am so lucky to have Mrs. Han by my side. She’s like a mother to me.

“Home?” Nickhun asked.

“Yeah, I’m tired. Besides, it’s almost dark.”

Nickhun shrugged and drove me home. I thanked him and went inside. I live alone in a quite big apartment after my parents divorced. I went to the kitchen sink and washed my face. I splashed the cold water onto my face, letting the water dripped slowly down my neck. Suddenly, a very painful cramp stung my back and my breathing started to get heavy.

I slowly walked to the living room and lay on the couch. What is wrong with me? Am I sick or something? Maybe I should get some rest.

The pain started to get even as I made my way to my room. I quickly stripped myself and went to the bathroom to have a warm bath. I went inside the tub after I filled it. I rested my head and closed my eyes. I could feel the warm water on my back which sooth me a little. Soon, I fall into a deep slumber.

“No…… stop….. STOP IT!” I yelled to the unknown voice that keeps talking to me.

“You can’t hide anymore Hyeonjeong.” The voice said.

“WHO ARE YOU? WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?”

“I am the devil within you. You can’t see me cause I am you. You can only hear me playing with your mind.”

“No, you are not me. This is crazy.”

"See for yourself.”

I closed my eyes for 3 minutes and opened it. I scanned my surrounding and found myself in my room. I got up and looked at myself in the mirror in front of me. My left eye turns pitch black.

“Don’t let the evil within you control your mind.” Another voice said.

“Who-”

“I am the angel within you. I protect you from the devil that always tried to mess with your mind.”

I looked at myself in the mirror again and found that my right eye had turns light grey.

I shook my head and tried to get out from here but all of the sudden, the pain hit me again, the unbearable pain. I was sweating and panting. Then, I could feel something on my back. Something that wanna makes it way out.

“AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” I screamed and coughed at the same time.

I was in the tub, nearly drowning myself. I cupped my face and sighed. I slowly get out of the tub. I was about to wrapped myself with a towel when suddenly I saw two wings on my back in the sink mirror. The left wing was black while the other was grey. I froze on my spot, speechless and didn’t know what to do. Then, my reflection in the mirror moves on its own. Its right hand touches the mirror as it stared at me with those black and grey eyes.

“It’s time.”

-End-