The Symbols Part IV

The Red Garden's Chronicle (hiatus)

 -3rd person pov-

Toby was sleeping soundly in her room. It was school day today but since she was suspended, she didn’t need to wake up every morning for 2 weeks.

Soohyun was preparing himself for work. Before he left, he went inside his sister’s room.

“Toby, I gotta go to work now.” He shook her arm lightly.

“Hmm.”

“Don’t forget to lock the door.”

“Hmm.”

“And don’t forget-”

“Hmm.”

Soohyun raised his eyebrow. He hasn’t finish his sentence but Toby kept humming in response.

“To-”

“Hmm.”

“But I-”

“Just go to work already.” Toby hissed with her eyes half closed.

“Fine.” Soohyun rolled his eyes.

Toby sighed as she slowly sat up. She looked at her phone and saw one text message from Inyeon.

‘I’m sure you’re still sleeping but I’m bored. Wanna go jogging?’

‘Sure, come to my place when you’re done.’ She replied.

She then put her phone away and went to the bathroom. She checked the mark on her neck and gasped. The mark seems to turn into a star-like shape. She brought her left hand, touching it. She doesn’t feel anything. It seems like the mark was naturally there. Suddenly, she remembered something when she glanced at her fingers.

“I wonder where my ring is.” She murmured.

-End-

-Yuki pov-

What a boring day. Hara didn’t go to school today plus Toby and Inyeon were suspended. Miss President was out again, Chaehyeon’s busy with the articles thing; Hyeonjeong was called by Mr. Im for an unknown reason so there’s only me, Johanna, Top and Nickhun. And to make it more boring, Mrs. Jang gave us a math test. Top was sitting behind me and I could hear him head-desking himself. I turned to my left to check on Nickhun. He was sleeping with his face facing towards us. I then turned to the front. Anna was scribbling something as she laid her head on the desk.

“Dude.” Top kicked my chair.

“What?” I looked at him over my shoulder.

“What’s the answers?”

“Which one?”

“All of them.”

I chuckled, “I haven’t written anything.”

“Bastard.” He pouted.

“.” I elbowed his arm.

“Okay class, 5 minutes left.” Mrs. Jang said.

“Anna,” I tapped her shoulder, “You’re done?”

“Just a few but I’m not sure if the answers are correct or not.”

I sighed, “Never mind.”

I leaned against my seat, waiting for the time to pass. I looked at Nickhun again who was now awake from his nap. He rubbed his eyes, yawning as he took a look at his test paper. He sighed and turned his head towards us as he signaled us about the paper.

Top gave him his middle finger in response. Nickhun smirked and gave him his. Top chuckled while I just shook my head seeing their silly attitude.

Huh, boys these days.

“Okay, times up. Pass your paper to the front please.”

FINALLY!

-End-

-Hanjin pov-

“Summer is coming soon,” Donghae sighed, ”Hopefully there’s no work for us to do.”

Shindong leaned against the wall, “Yeah, hopefully.”

“Miss President.” Hongki poked my tummy.

I rolled my eyes to the left. He backed away a little when our eyes met. The others started to look at me. I sighed as I rose from my seat. I walked towards the window, looking at the nature outside of the school building. It somehow makes me feel calm.

“Hanjin.” Jiyeon called out.

I looked at her over my shoulder with a deep sighed. I shook my head and excused myself to the toilet. I stared at myself on the mirror. I noticed that my tie was loosening a bit so I fixed it. I then noticed that the straight line on my chest has turned into a shape of a star. It was small and strange. I mean, how could a simple scar shape itself into a star?

“Miss President?”

I turned around and saw Chaehyeon approaching me. I smiled a little as I shook the thoughts off of my head and fixed my tie.

“How are ya?”

“Fine. You?”

“Same.”

I looked at her as she fixed her uniform. Frankly, I missed them. Huh, I’m so stupid. Why do I have to throw them aside for the stupid things that happened to me this lately?

“Chaehyeon.” I bit my lips.

“Hmm?” She looked at me.

I slowly wrapped my arms around her shoulder, hugging her tightly. She didn’t do or say anything. Huh, I bet she felt awkward.

“You missed me?” She chuckled.

I closed my eyes as I sighed. I could feel her arms wrapped around waist, hugging me back.

“Hanjin, why our friendship end up like this?”

I sighed again, didn’t know what to say.

“I….. I don’t know.”

-End-

-CL pov-

After school, I waited for Yuki outside of his school gate.

“Yuki.” I grabbed his arm as soon as he walked pass the gate.

He touched his chest, “You startled me.”

“CL!” Top chirped as he ran towards us, “It’s been a long time since I see you. Sup?”

“Just okay,” I linked arm with Yuki, “You?”

“Still cool as always.”

Yuki rolled his eyes. He gets annoyed so easily which makes me enjoy annoying him. Top bid us goodbye cause he said that he wanted to go to Toby’s place.

Yuki and I went to the park to have some ice-cream. We bought two chocolate flavor ice-cream cones and sat on a bench. He was rolling his right sleeves, probably from the heat and wow, I didn’t know that he work out.

“Cool muscles.” I praised.

He burped, “Thanks.”

“Gross.” I pushed him slightly.

After I’m done with my ice-cream, I turned to face Yuki and was about to say something when suddenly my gaze landed on his upper arm.

“What’s that?” I pointed.

“What?”

“You do this to yourself?” I touched the star-like mark.

He looked at his upper arm and gasped.

“Well?”

“I don’t know. It was just a simple line when I first saw it.”

I raised my eyebrow. It sounds so hard to believe.

“Okay, sure.” I shrugged.

He rolled his eyes, “Let’s go home.”

-End-