Trying To Fix Things Out

The Red Garden's Chronicle (hiatus)

 

-Yuki pov-

 

Here I am… for the fifth times, standing right in front of Hara’s window, hoping that she would open it and let me speak to her.

 

I never stop coming to her house every night to beg her to let me see and talk to her. I indeed see her but all I see were the cold and sad expressions plastered on her cute, pretty face. She treated me badly since that day.

 

I don’t ing know who that boy was. I mean, why did he came up to me and kissed me? Is he gay or something?

 

Or is he just trying to steal Hara from me?

 

Yeah, cause I saw him following her the other day. It looks like he was hitting on her but she doesn’t seems to like it. She got that ‘whatever’ looks whenever he’s around.

 

Guess she still loves me then…

 

But if she does then why’d she doesn’t wanna hear me nor see me?

 

“What do you want again?”

 

Hara eyes were puffy. She seems to be annoyed of my presence.

 

“I hate you okay!”

 

It hurts every time she says that. Does she really mean it? And does it means I have to erase myself from her life so she won’t feel annoyed? So she won’t have hatred filled inside of her?

 

I lowered my head. Usually, I would say something or at least try to so she won’t close the window shut. But this time, I am speechless, completely speechless.

 

Love, do you really hate me that much just because that unknown son of a kissed me?

 

Are you disgusted with me?

 

Do you think I’m cheating on you?

 

I lifted my head to see her for the last time. She was glaring at me with hatred. I nodded slowly, spun around and headed to the lake just behind her house.

 

“Where are you going? Your house is that way!”

 

I silenced myself. I don’t wanna say anything. If erasing my existence from you makes you happy and satisfied then, I’ll do it.

 

I could feel her following me from behind. I quicken my pace so she can’t catch up to me. I took one last deep breath and drowned myself in the cold, freezing water.

 

“Yuki!”

 

-End-

 

-Toby pov-

 

School is opening soon and we got no summer memory to keep. Well, there are but I don’t think we’re going to keep it. It’s a bitter yet painful one. Why keep it? It’ll only give us nightmare.

 

I was hanging around my apartment’s area when suddenly someone poked my back. I turned around and surprised to see Hyunwoo, the little nurse who nursed Top and me the other day.

 

I don’t know why but I felt somehow happy to see him. I smiled at him and in return he hugged me.

 

“I missed you.” He said.

 

I ruffled his hair, “I missed you too kiddo. Uh, where’s Daesung?”

 

“He’ll be here soon.”

 

He pulled away, looked up at me and stared. I raised my eyebrow, accompanied with a smirk. Aah, this kid is so adorable.

 

“What?”

 

He shook his head. He then took my hands in his, staring deep into the ring around my finger. His eyes were glowing as it gets bigger.

 

Okaaayyy… just what is wrong with him?

 

“It’s pretty.” He commented.

 

“Um… thanks…”

 

As I bed down to his level, Daesung approached us. He smiled and said that he wanna talk to me about something important.

 

Hyunwoo run along and accidently bumped into Soohyun.

 

“You should be careful little kid,” He helped him up and looked at us, “Oh, hi.”

 

I quickly introduced Daesung to him and him to Daesung. They get along pretty well and started to become friends. Then Soohyun left us, bringing Hyunwoo with him to our apartment.

 

The two of us settled on a nearby bench. I waited patiently for him to speak. He looks calm and uneasy at the same time. He turned to me, scanning me for a moment before he starts the conversation.  

 

“What’s that on your neck?”

 

I touched star-shaped scar and thought in wonder, “I don’t know. It appears magically on my neck. Err, why?”

 

He nodded, “I got something that you didn’t know which you have to know,” He said firmly, “That ring… wanna know who gave you?”

 

I went blur for a second. What is he trying to pull here?

 

“So you want me to do this step by step then. Very well,” He stood up, hands at the back of his waist, “Tell me what you felt almost every day of your life?”

 

“Um… happy and sad. Mostly sad.”

 

“Sad?”

 

“Like missing someone. But I’m not sure who it was.”

 

“That ring has the word ‘S’ and ‘T’ carved on it. Do you know what it stands for?”

 

I glanced at my ring then back at Daesung. How does he know that?

 

I bit my lips, “T is my name and S is…”

 

He looked at me by his shoulder. Sighing heavily, he walked up to me and stood in front of me. He wanted to say something but hesitate to do it. My heart suddenly skipped a beat by looking at his face.

 

Why do I feel like this all of the sudden?

 

“Hyunwoo,” He started, “Is your son.”

 

-End-

 

-3rd person pov-

 

Under the calm night sky, a girl dragged a boy to a nearby tree. The two of them were soaking wet. The girl let herself fell helplessly on her knees beside the boy who was lying and gasping on the ground as soon as they reached a pine tree.

 

Tears rolled out uncontrollably from her eyes. The boy that was once her lover was also tearing up. He slowly brought his hand to his love’s face, caressing it ever so softly. The girl cried even more and hugged him.

 

“Don’t… ever do that… don’t…”

 

“What’s the point… of living if… if my life doesn’t trust me… and want me anymore…”

 

She shook her head and tightened her hug as she wept silently in his chest. The night was rather cold but they seemed to be warm in each other’s embrace.

 

Soon, silence take over as the two still cuddling each other. Words can’t describe how much the boy love his princess. He sat up slowly, gently pushing her to sit on his lap. He cupped her face, wiping the tears off her cheeks with his thumbs.

 

“Let’s get back to your home okay?”

 

-End-