It's Just Complicated

The Red Garden's Chronicle (hiatus)

 -3rd person pov-

Hanjin stood in front of the clear window, staring at her friends from afar. She was inside the small office waiting for the others to show up.

Jiyeon came with a pile of paper. She slowly placed them on her desk as she turned to face Hanjin. Their Miss President has changed a lot these days. She hardly talks to them or anyone, she’s always alone and she rarely hangout with Hongki. But no one seems to realize that except for Jiyeon, Hongki and Hanjin’s friends.

“Hey, what are you staring at?” Jiyeon asked.

“Nothing.” Hanjin sighed.

Jiyeon looked out the window and saw Hanjin’s friends. They were laughing, teasing and goofing around. She smiled at that cheerful sight. Hanjin used to be like them but not anymore. Her smile slowly fades away after Hanjin tapped her shoulder.

“What?” Hanjin furrowed.

Jiyeon shook her head lightly and went to her desk.

Outside, Toby was walking alone along the sidewalk. She didn’t wait for the others nor Top and the same thing goes to Inyeon. Hyeonjeong and Johanna were waiting for the others outside the school gate after they’re done tidying themselves. Chaehyeon was staring at them, didn’t believe that they just did that to the so-called Queenkas. It was so hard to stop them but after Hongki made a promise that he won’t tell anyone about this, they stopped.

“Anna.” Alexander called out.

Johanna smiled at him as he approached her. Chaehyeon and Hyeonjeong waved at him and had a little chat since they rarely met. Anna rolled her eyes, feeling annoyed but relieved at the same time cause he won’t bother her since he got friends to talk to.

“Where’s Toby?” Top asked.

Anna sighed, “She’s already left.”

“Oh really? Erm, I heard our Miss President suspended her and Inyeon.”

“Yeah. Thanks to those damn girls.”

“You mean those Queenkas?” Chansung interrupted.

“Yup,” Nickhun replied, “Anyway, how about you guys? I heard that you, Laia and Hyeonjeong beats those girls.”

“Well, Hongki promised that he won’t tell anyone about this,” Anna leaned closer to Nickhun, “Where did you know about this anyway?”

“Laia told me.”

“Okay guys. Let’s go.” Chansung chirped.

The group of friends went home. They didn’t plan to go out or do anything together that day. They preferred to stay at home and do their own things.

At around 7.00 pm, Soohyun went home from work. It was a tiring day for him. He was looking for his sister but she wasn’t around. He knows where she was so he just shrugged it off.

Toby was on top of their apartment. She was there all alone with a can of beer. She slowly took a sip from her beer as she felt the cold wind hit her face. Her friends know that she drinks except for Soohyun. She rarely drinks and only does it when she’s stressed out.

“Stressed out?” Someone asked from behind.

Toby turned her head slightly and looked at the person over her shoulder.

“What does it look like?” She replied, “What are you doing here anyway Yuki?”

“I’m just bored.”

“How’s your girl friend?”

Yuki stood beside her, “She’s okay now and a kinda worry about you and Inyeon.”

Toby sighed. She chugged her beer and dropped the empty can to the grassy ground. Yuki watched her with worried expression. He doesn’t like her friend to be in this kind of state, especially the drinking part.

“You should stop drinking. You’re still underage and it’s bad for your health.” He yawned.

Toby patted his head and played with his black smooth hair, “Your hair is getting long.”

“Are you drunk?”

“Of course not,” She laughed, “I’m still normal dude. Let’s go. I bet Soohyun already cooked dinner.”

Toby dragged Yuki with her and they had a nice dinner. As for Inyeon, she was sitting on top of a tree branch in front of her mansion.

Minhwan was a bit scared to come near her after that incident. He would walk away if she comes closer or try to approach him and not to mention about the suspended thingy.

Frankly, she hasn’t told her brother or Mr. Yang about it. Everything feels complicated, not just to her but also to her friends.

-End-