Basketball Play-off

You, Me and Everything Nice

 

"Okay! We can play basketball today."  A big fat boy said. It was Big Boy, a cute cuddly boy. He has a figure of a sumo wrestler, though he is the super sports man of the class. He can play badminton, basketball, volleyball, and table tennis. He may look cute but, he is no cute, because he is a real big guy. He and So Min is the golden pair of badminon mixed doubles. They play it very nicely, though in the last sports competition they lost. They have a good chemistry in the court as well as in the class. He is also jolly, just don't get on his nerves or else he will break your bones. He and So Min became friends just not because of badminton , but also because of heartfelt silent talks.

 

Big Boy broke up with his girlfriend last year. He was so upset about it, it was the only girl that he loved and the only girl who loved him even of his figure. He was on his weakest side, he punched the wall in the school's badminton court. So Min saw everything, but she didn't ask him, knowing boys. Boys wouldn't dare to talk about heartbreaks. She tried her best to comfort Big Boy, without asking anything.

 

"Yah! Big Boy, wanna play? You can hit me hard now. Don't get easy on me."

 

"Are you sure? I'm in a bad mood. I might hurt you."

 

"What are you thinking of me? A weakling? Let's play!" So Min said as if she is confident.

 

'What the hell am I thinking? He can hurt me really bad.' So Min thought. She fully knows how strong Big Boy is.

 

'So Min thank you, I need to release this sadness badly, so I am sorry.'

 

So Min got the chance to serve first. She gave her strength to that serve to give Big Boy a chance to release a strong return, and she was not disappointed by the return. Big Boy didn't gave So Min an easy play, he was like bear losing control while playing. He hits so strong until the shuttlecock was broken, all in all they've used 5 shuttlecocks in the game. They just stopped playing when Big Boy's smash hit So Min's left eyebrow. She felt the pain, really bad. When Big Boy noticed it, he quickly run to So Min to see what happened. Upon seeing red spot on So Min's eyebrow, he didn't stop saying sorry. 

 

"It's okay. When I asked you to play I already expected that I would be hurt. I'm happy to see you relieved now. Don't worry I'll keep my mouth shut."

 

"Thank you! This is all I can say to you. Thank you!"

 

"I understand. This the only way I thought to release your pain, I can't drink with you, I'm still a girl." So Min said laughing and left.

 

Big Boy was relieved somewhat from the pain. He never thought that So Min has that kind of heart. He thought So Min is just another rich brat, who always play and fight with him. And what do you expect after the incident they started to tease each other again, just like nothing happened.

 

"Alright!" The boys said excitingly.

 

"What made you think that way?" Crissa said.

 

"Fool! We have minds!" Yao said.

 

"As if your going to play." Janice said and laugh.

 

"Nah! Nah! Nah!" Yao screamed.

 

The 3-A changed to their PE uniforms and started to gather in the court. The girls started to find their seats and choose what team to cheer for. The boys divided themselves into two groups, Hyun Joong and Big Boy were on the same team and of course Yao is the leader ... of the cheering squads.

 

Their PE teacher Mr. Rivera took the referee spot. Hyun Joong surprised everyone on how good is he at playing. The girls are screaming badly for Hyun Joong. So Min realizes that Hyun Joong's glance at her says 'Cheer for me!', so she teased Hyun Joong by cheering for the other team or for Big Boy. 

 

'You're pretty good! You have something to show off now, not just your good looks.' So Min while watching the game.

 

"Yah, So Min don't be shy, just cheer for Hyun Joong." Yao said teasing her.

 

"You can cheer with us." A girl said.

 

"Whatever!"

 

"Aish. There is no need to be shy of." Yao said while tapping So Min's shoulder. Hyun Joong heard everything, as he is just a meter away from them, he felt really happy.

 

"Yah, Hyun Joong go for it! I'm here to cheer for you! LOVE YOU!" Yao screaming wildly like a girl. So Min just laugh as well as the others. When Hyun Joong looked, Yao pointed out to So Min and said "That's what she wanted to say!". Yao laughed really hard that time. Hyun Joong and So Min was just smiling the whole time.

 

'What makes my heart feel so happy? Is it So Min's smile and stare while watching me play? I hope that So Min just shouted the whole thing rather than Yao. Aish what am I thinking? Of course she wouldn't dare to do that. Aish! Hyun Joong concentrate to the game. This is the first time I felt so happy that a girl is teased to me. I wish everything is true.' Hyun Joong's though were ruined by Big Boy's smack on his shoulder.

 

The game was finished by Hyun Joong's 3 point shot, they won. He gave So Min a big five, and she returned it with a sweet smile.

 

'Oh my! This is the first time I saw her smiled so sweetly and it was for me. She was like an angel smiling so sweetly at me. My heart beats wildly. Why?'

 

"Congrats! You played great. You burned some fats neh?" So Min teased to Big Boy, he just gave So Min a big five and nodded.

 

'This girl is really different. She didn't even complimented me for my game and didn't even say congrats to me. Atleast I got a sweet smile from her. Somehow I feel balanced.' Hyun Joong never thought that So Min did it on purpose.

 

The boys started to change in the boys locker room.

 

"We never thought that you would play that good." Big Boy said.

 

"Me too." Hyun Joong relied.

 

"Maybe its because of So Min." Yao teased. Hyun Joong just smiled.

 

"Look at that smile! Don't you dare hurt So Min, Hyun Joong, don't dare." Big Boy said in a brotherly tone.

 

"Yah! So what about So Min tiger? Let's hear." Yao said.

 

"Uhm, nothing!" Hyun Hoong saw the boys faces doesn't agree, so he just rushed to change to get off them really past.

 

While walking at the hallways he saw Sheena and her friends looking at him, so he approached Sheena.

 

"What's up?"

 

"Hyun Joong oppa, I thought we will see movies after school?"

 

"Oh crap! I forgot. How would I say this. Uhm, Sheena I have agreed to my brother to play with him, since our parent's will be late. We can go to the movie theatre some other time. Alright? I have to go now." Hyun Joong said while holding Sheena's hands. He can see Sheena is disappointed that's why he hold her hand.

 

"Okay! Promise?" Sheena said while blushing.

 

"Promise. I'll call you later. Take care sweetie!" Hyun Joong said and walked away.

 

'I passed smoothly, thanks to my charm!' Hyun Joong thought as he is walking at the hallway.

 

"Sorry!" So Min said to him as she bumped onto him.

 

"It's okay!"

 

"Yes, oppa. I'm on my way!" So Min said while talking to Louie in phone.

 

"Bye. See you tomorrow! Take care!" Hyun Joong said as So Min walked away.

 

"Bye! Same to you." So Min answered.

 

When So Min reached for her Louie oppa, the same crowd was there. They drove away heading to restaurant to eat their dinner, since their parents attended a social gathering. 

 

"Oppa, you'll pay right? I will eat a lot today until my stomach grows this big." So Min said in a happy tone.

 

"By the way princess, who are you talking a while ago?" 

 

"Uhm, just a classmate."

 

"And what's with the 'See you tomorrow and Take care?!' Ayiiih."

 

"What's with the 'Ayiihh?' He's just a classmate and a friend. Period!"

 

"Owwkay! As you say princess! Tell me when there is someone asking you out neh? He has to pass my standards first." Louie said annoying his sister, So Min just smiled and nodded.

 

'My princess is smiling really wide. I wonder what happened. Maybe it's because of that guy. I must know it. She can't hide from me. No one can hurt my princess.' Louie thought as he is driving while glancing at his sister's happy face.