What Happened to US

You, Me and Everything Nice

 

Four years had passed.

In that four years their high school class held many reunions, get together and outings, Hyun Joong was attending everything, hoping for a sight of So Min, but he just ended up being disappointed every time. He managed to have fun with them but his eyes can’t lie. It was full of disappointment and hurt.

Hyun Joong passed the four years of his life, by being a man worthy of any woman. He studied business in the same university as Louie. He has been a good student, passing every exams lined up. There were no marks of being as wasted as he can be during the first month of being away from her.

After So Min left him, he didn’t date any other girl again. Girls as usual would serve themselves for him to taste, but he refused everything. He was waiting for her return, although Louie told him that he should give up, since she is already set to marry someone. It was hell for him at first, he was in his worst condition, drinking up all his might, trying to forget her, but it was all useless. He decided to use that pain to be his inspiration.

So Min passed the four years in America, she didn’t go back even once. She was afraid of seeing him again, and hurting herself. Her family constantly visits her. She majored up in fashion designing, leaving everyone shocked. She proved herself as she was making a name for herself in New York at a young age.

After leaving, she drowned herself in school. She has been busy, 24 hours a day is not enough for her. Many guys asked her out but, no one really captured her heart. Hyun Joong was the only guy who took it and never returned it. She was crying for him from time to time. After bearing not to cry over him, she thought that her feelings for him were all drowned in the ocean.

Just like Hyun Joong the pain she was suffering from has been turned to be her inspiration to her designs.

So Min used Mina as her name in the fashion industry. She was a news maker to Korea, but Hyun Joong didn’t know it was the girl he loves. In the news her photos are side view or back view showing her work. He knows the name but not the face.

So Min will be back from America to attend Louie’s wedding, and have some works to do. She was offered to do the fashion week in Korea and there are so many projects lined up. She agreed because she is a graduate now and she thought she is all over him that time.

Louie was waiting in the airport patiently for her. Their parents are busy preparing a dinner for them.

“Princess!” Louie called and hugged So Min.

“Oppa!” She hugged back.

“Princess, come on. You are not in New York to flaunt your y figure. Why do you have to wear that shorts here in Korea?” She looked at her protective brother innocently, and he just let it. “Let’s go now, their waiting for you. I’m afraid media would attack you.” Louie joked as he pulled her luggage.

“No need to worry, they don’t know it’s me.” She said as she walked with Louie.

So Min was wearing a red chucks, white shorts and black top. She can pull any looks she wanted for her. She can be elegant, childish, glamorous and y if she wants to.

The sibling really missed each other; they were talking the entire ride. She keeps on talking how her life and stuffs was. Louie smiled to her sister’s sudden change after she left 4 years ago.

“Agh! It’s been 4 years. I missed Seoul. Oppa, I didn’t get a chance to meet your fiancée back there. She just left her measures to my secretary. Do you want to see her wedding gown? I know you would like it.” She said excitedly.

“How are you?” Louie said shifting the topic.

“I’m fine.” Louie looks at her with I-don’t-believe-you expression. “I know what you mean, I’m fine really. I’m all grown up now, I can handle this. Besides I’m Mina the designer right?” She assured her brother.

“As you say.” Louie sighed in agreement.

They arrived in their house; she ran to see her mother and father and hugged them tightly. There was no silence in the house as the princess is back to her castle.

The house was full of laughter and jokes. It was as happy just like before.

So Min entered her untouched room. It was just like before, Spongebob was still there lying on her bed.

“Did you miss me?” She said to him.

‘Of course. You didn’t show up for 4 years how can’t I miss you?’ Spongebob thought.

She scanned her room; she sat on her study table and found an envelope. It has her name on it, she opened it. It was the envelope Yao gave to Louie; he forgot to give it to her 4 years ago.

She smiled as she opened the envelope. It was their pictures four years ago with Hyun Joong on Yao’s birthday. While scanning through Yao’s documentary for they are about to grow relationship, tears flowed from her eyes again for the nth time.

“I told myself I won’t cry in Korea because of you. Jung So Min be strong.” She said to herself.

The following days are busy like hell for So Min. She was attending different photo shoots, meetings, and an exclusive interview.

Mr. and Mrs. Jung advised their princess to rest. They were so fulfilled to see their children fulfilled. Louie is busy working in the company for two years now, and soon he would be a husband. So Min is working to make her name in the fashion industry.

Hyun Joong after graduating from college directly works on their company making him busy. He was studying hard how to make their company be on the top. He goes out once in a while with Yao and Big Boy, they spend their time in the basketball court together, and sometimes Louie plays with them.

“Mom, I’ll be going I have an interview.” So Min said as she went to the kitchen to drink a glass of milk.

“Really? Where?”

“I dunno. I heard it would be a live interview later, I’ll send you the details later.”

“Oh, good luck So Min. Don’t forget to eat. Take care.”

“Bye mom.” So Min kissed her mother. 

So Min was driving a red car, she got from her grandfather as her wish for her graduation. She is on her way on a building for her interview. The makeup artist didn’t have a hard time doing her makeup, as she was beautiful in any side of her.

She was wearing plain skinny jeans, with a red chucks, and sleeveless pink top. The staffs were surprised to see her. They expected someone wearing her best dress, because that was the most awarded talk show in the country. So Min is different, she’ll wear anything she feels like, but still can be fashionable as she can be.

The interview started smoothly. It started talking about her designing career, study, little background and future projects. The host expressed her admiration for a 22 year old designer and so as the audience. Her love life was put on hot seat.

 “Leaving in America for 4 years, how does it feel to come back? Are you staying for good?”

“I’m very happy right now, and about staying here for good. I don’t know, if someone or something would make me stay for good, why not.” She smiled with confidence.

“Seeing your profile, you came from a good family. For everyone who doesn’t know she is the youngest of the Jung family. Your brother Louie, is getting married, we also heard that you made the gown of his fiancée. Have you met the lucky mystery girl?”

“Wow, my brother is still a hot bachelor. I haven’t met her, really. Her state is a perfect mystery for everyone in the family. My brother is so excited to meet her.” She said.

“Who wouldn’t fall for Louie Jung. If he just wanted to be an artist I’m sure he’ll be popular in just a snap. We also heard that you made her the wedding gown.”

“Yeah. I fly back with it. It was made in New York. It was my first wedding gown designs so I hope my future sister-in-law would like it.”

“Seeing you this pretty and young, I guess many guys already fell in love with you. Are you dating someone right now?” The host asked. She was shocked from the shift of topic.

“I’m not dating nor seeing someone right now. I’m perfectly single.” She answered confidently.

“I guess many guys are happy right now.” She smiled. “If you would be in the same situation as your brother, how would you react on it? Meaning, having an arrange marriage in the 21st century.”

“In fact, I remember asking my brother something like that, he told me that, he finds it exciting and fun. He dated many, many girls before, but no one captured his heart. He said that he can accept the marriage with his whole heart because he tried to find love, but it didn’t showed up, so he would just focus on his wife and love her all his heart. I’m learning on it, if I would be arranged for someone right now, I think I would accept it, because love didn’t make me live in a fairy tale.” She answered with a confident smile.

The interview was a smart talk, although they tried to get her in hot seat, she passed. The interview was an instant hit; it doomed the entertainment scene for that day.

Yao, called Hyun Joong to tell him that So Min was back. He watched her interview from his office and a tear fell off from his eyes.

‘You’re already back. You seem different, but your smile is still the same. That was the same smile that makes me happy.’ He thought while watching her.

“Did you saw her?” Louie spoke on the other line.

“Yeah. I understand why, hyung. Can I meet her?”

“I don’t know Hyun Joong. She doesn’t talk about it she was afraid I bet. I’m sorry for keeping that.” Louie cut the line. He smiled to see his princess, doing well in her chosen career. “Let’s see the news tomorrow. You sounded so smart princess just like a Jung family member.” He mumbled.

So Min was on a meeting that night, she was talking with models, on their project. She needs to finish her work early; she will be busy for his brother’s wedding. She was the designer of the entire entourage.

“Ms. Mina reporters, talk shows, and agencies are calling to meet you. You doomed the industry for a while. Many stars had expressed their willingness to work with you.” Shina said her assistant.

“Really? Just tell them that I can’t talk to them until next week. I’m going to take a vacation.”

“Okay. And, do you know Janice? She called to see you.”

“Really? Tell me her number I’ll call her.”

So Min and Janice talked almost the entire night catching up, and talking about their life now. So Min tried to avoid the Hyun Joong topic and she was successful. Janice felt bad, but she should respect her decision.

“If you would just know what happened.” She said after their talk.

So Min was on her way home, when she almost got in an accident. She got out from her car to check it. The guy also got out to check his car, he was so mad to see a scratch from his sports car.

“Miss, how you could be so careless?!” He said in an arrogant voice while checking the scratch.

“I’m sorry. I’m not used in driving here in Seoul. I’ll just pay for the repairs.” So Min said while getting her phone for some help.

The guy looked at her nervously; he was sure who owns that voice.

“So Min?” He said while feeling his heartbeat.

“Yes?” So Min said while looking at him from side. She dropped her bag on the ground when she recognized who it was.

The guy just run to hugged her. He hugged her so tight, that no one could get her from him. Tears started to flow from her eyes. She was so surprised to see him again.

“Are you okay? You’re not hurt right? Let’s go in the hospital to check, but please let’s stay for this a while. I missed you.” He said while hugging her in the middle of the streets. He closed his eyes to feel her hug again.

“Hy-hyun joong?” So Min said with tears from her eyes.

“Yes, it’s me. Please stay still, I really missed you.” With that she hugged him back.

She can’t lie to herself she missed him. She was crying over him every night. She tried her best to forget him, when she thought she had, he showed up; ruining everything.

--------------------

TADA! Please keep the comments coming :) For everyone who read, enjoyed, and loved the ff THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. This is supposed to be one of the few chapters but, my hands keep on writing :) Hihi. Love much :))

 

Teaser: Sweet chapters are coming. Hihi.