Heartbroken Princess

You, Me and Everything Nice

 

So Min was in her room thinking what Louie told her. Her mind and heart was debating; her heart says he likes you, mind says; he is just playing with you.

A girl in love loses her ability to think, heart overpowers the mind. So Min is a different case, her mind overpowers her heart. She can’t believe that Hyun Joong likes her, unless it will come from Hyun Joong himself.

“No, Spongebob! I will only believe it unless he tells me.”

Hyun Joong decided that he will confess his feelings for So Min before graduation. He was busy googling how to say it. He wants the best for that day. He was writing the lines he’ll say. The most romantic and heart melting words has been written in his confession speech.

“Is this a miracle?” Louie asked. So Min looks at her brother with a confused face. “Are you really up this early at Saturday morning? Are you sick or something?” Louie said as he sat in his chair.

“Oppa, this is a miracle.” So Min answered.

“Enough of it. Let’s eat.” Mrs. Jung said in her sweet voice.

So Min asked permission from her mother to go out. Mrs. Jung said yes and advised her not to go out of the village.

So Min headed to the park. There were kids playing on the park, she sat on the swing watching the kids playing and goofing around.

“Unnie, can you tie my hair?” A little girl asked to So Min.

“Of course.” She touched the little girl’s hair. “Mai I know your name little girl?”

“Jane. And you unnie?” The little girl asked her again.

“So Min.” She smiled. “There you go. You look pretty.”

“Thank you! When I grow up I want to be pretty like you.” The little girl said and run to her playmates.

So Min was just in the swing smiling to see the kids play. She was envious of the kids. The kids don’t worry about love problems, as long as they have their parents and friends, they are happy. Simple things can make them happy.

“Do you like kids?” Hyun Joong asked as he sat in the swing.

“Oh my gosh! You scared me!” So Min answered recovering from shock.

“They are cute right.” Hyun Joong smiled to her. She felt uneasy by his sudden appearance. She went out to think, what Louie told her. The last thing she wants to do now is to see Hyun Joong.

“Yeah.” She answered nervously.

“Hey, what’s wrong? You seem not So Min. Did I talk to the wrong girl?” He asked playfully.

“Maybe.” She answered and looked above.

“What’s wrong?” He asked worriedly.

“There are some things that bother me. I want to know the answers, but I’m afraid I won’t get the answers that I want.”

“What is the answer that you want?” He asked holding her shoulders.

“Forget it.” She stood up and started to walk away.

“Hey, So Min. Where are you going?”

“None of your business.” She said while walking, he followed her. “Stop it. I would go home now. No need to worry.” She said.

Hyun Joong believed her. He watched her walk away and goes home.

 “Where is So Min?” Mrs. Jung asked to the maid.

“She is not home yet.”

“What?! It’s getting late.” Mrs. Jung said worriedly. She tried to call So Min, only to find out that So Min left her phone. “Where could she go? She is not used in walking by herself.”

“Mom, what’s wrong?” Louie asked as soon as he got in the house.

“Do you know where your sister is?”

“No. Where could she be? Did you call her?”

“She left her phone. I’m getting worried. Let’s go, we’ll find her.”

“Mom, I think So Min needs space now. She needs to think. She will go home soon.” Louie assured her mother.

“I don’t know Louie. What is it; does she need to think about? She doesn’t have any problems, right?”

“Mom. Personal relationships, believe me.” Louie smiled.

“If in 2 hours she is not coming we’ll find her.” Mrs. Jung said as she leaves Louie in the living room.

“Princess, be safe.” Louie exhaled.

So Min came out from an ice cream shop. She was walking heavily, that she almost got in an accident. She fell on the ground.

The man, who almost killed her, got out from his car and run to her.

“So Min?” She looked on the man with a confused place. “Are you okay? What are you doing here?!” The man helped her stand up.

“I’m okay.”

“Are you sure? Let’s go to the hospital. Come.”

“Hyun Joong? Don’t worry I’m fine.” She stood up by herself.

“Come. I’ll just drive you home.” Hyun Joong pulled her to passenger’s seat.

“Just go to the park. I don’t want to go home.”

“Why? They are surely worried.”

“If you don’t want to. I’ll go there by myself.” She said as she releases her seatbelt.

“Okay, come on.” He drove.

They stopped on the park. So Min got out of the car first and told him to go first.

The park was only lighted by the lights, there were no people around. So Min sat on the swing again. The swing swayed her. Her hair was playing with the wind.

She was playing with the wind, as well as her mind; playing with thoughts, Louie’s words and the sweet moments with Hyun Joong. She smiled remembering their first meeting, first smile, first touch, first kiss, first hug, first date, first jealousy encounter, and second kiss, then third kiss.

Hyun Joong parked his car far from So Min. He was using a camera to see So Min from afar. He was like paparazzi taking snap shots of her every move.

Rain started to fall.

So Min felt the rain as she was playing with the swing. She lifted her head and closed her eyes. She stopped when she felt cold. She hugged herself while shaking.

“That was a bad idea.” She said.

“Then why don’t you stay somewhere.” Hyun Joong said while holding an umbrella to cover them.

“I thought you…”

“Go home? I can’t go home while you are here alone.” He said as she pulled her closer to him.

“Thank you, but I’m all wet now. Your umbrella is no need.”

“Okay.” He said as he closed his umbrella down.

“Yah. You’ll get wet too.” She said and reached for the umbrella, but Hyun Joong throws it away.

“I like the feeling of the rain with you.”

“Could you please stop sweet talking, it’s disgusting to hear; knowing that you’re doing that with every girl.”

“That was before; I’m just sweet talking to the girl I like.”

“Stop it!” Tears started flowing from her eyes. She could feel the hot tears falling; she thought it was good it’s raining he won’t see it.

“Are you crying?” He asked as he touches her face. She tapped his hands and turned her back. He pulled her to face him. “Why are you crying?”

“Nothing.” She shrugged.

“Don’t act cool.” He ordered her.

“Fine! I’ll ask you. Do you like me?” She shouted.

“That was stupid. I don’t like you.” He shouted back.

“I knew it. They are bad to say that you like me. I was a fool to somewhat believe it.” She cried.

“Right you are a fool, dumbfounded and stupid. Do you like me?”

“I am a stupid, fool to like you!” She shouted.

Hyun Joong smiled. There was silence, So Min sat on the ground while crying, and he was smiling while watching her cry. He sat beside her, and caressed her back.

“You can laugh at me now. I am the biggest fool! I almost believe that you like me, reminiscing the moments we shared. You had my first kiss and my heart. You were my first love; that was the next first I was about to say that night.” She said while crying with the sky.

He was smiling while listening to So Min’s confession. His smile was full of happiness and love. He just let her cried her inner feelings.

“You don’t need to worry about me. I know where to place myself. I am not expecting you to like me back. Don’t feel pressured about me; I’m glad you listened to me. After this night just forget what happened, let’s be friends again. I just want to ask, why you have to act sweet in front of me.” She cried again.

“I don’t know.” He said while helping her to stand up.

The night was so long for So Min. She felt heartbreak for the first time in the 18 years of her life. It was the first time she felt that sadness, loneliness, and emptiness.

Crying was the only escape she knows.

“Why does it have to be like this?” She asked herself.

The princess, the tiger, and the gem was crying hard for the first time. She was down, heartbroken, and weak for the first time in her life.

‘I’m sorry to hurt you. I just want to make you happy.’ Hyun Joong thought.

-----------------------

TADA! Please don’t be a silent reader. I had a hard time writing this one. Please tell me what you think about this.  I'm sorry for a sad chapter :((  THANK YOU FOR READING!