The Soft Tiger

You, Me and Everything Nice

Hyun Joong arrived early at the second day of school. He was the second person to arrive in their class. He is punctual, but no one can beat Yao from being the most punctual in the whole school. Yao, the comic dude of the 3-A, he is the smallest guy in the seniors, that's why he was given the tag 'Yao', from the famous basketball player Yao Ming.

 

"Yah! What's your height?"

 

"181 cm." Hyun Joong said surprised.

 

"You're short! I'm pretty 192 cm!" Yao said as he stood on a table. 

 

"I see. That's why we're sitting on the first row!" They both laughed.

 

"Man! You're lucky, to sit with the tiger."

 

"Tiger? Who? Why?" Hyun Joong asked with a big question mark on his head.

 

"So Min. You know what? Last year, I passed because of her." 

 

"Why?"

 

"She doesn't care if you copy her answers, as long as you don't talk to her during exams. You can't believe it, she doesn't study much or she doesn't study at all, but she is always in the honor roll. I call her tiger because you would not want her mad. She is a bit boyish, but man, she is so cool!" Yao said. Yao has been friends with So Min, since they've been classmate last school year. 

 

"She's pretty interesting." Hyun Joong said as ife he doesn't care about her.

 

"Yah! The boys here love her, so don't make a wrong. I mean don't get a fight with her."

 

"The boys love her? She has a boyfriend?"

 

"We love her as our friend. Man she is a certified NBSB!" Yao said and laugh.

 

"NBSB? Really? Those kind of girls are pretty extinct! How come? I think she's pretty"

 

"Ha-Ha-Ha! Yeah! Pretty much! She got the looks, money, and intelligence, but she established herself as a girl buddy/friend not a girlfriend material."

 

"So no one courted her?"

 

"Nah! Some guys asked her out but she declined them all."

 

"Why?"

 

"I dunno. I'm a guy why would I ask her about that things." Yao said and both of them laughed. They didn't notice that almost of the class are inside now except for So Min.

 

"Woah! Classmates, announcement! I heard the 3-B elected Noel as their class president and for 3-C non other than Chyna. Who will we elect?" One of their classmates said in a sad voice.

 

"Wow! Every leader are on their class. What now? The legend is true that this is the lamest class." One said and stuffed his face on his table.

 

The 3-A class is a bit down by the news, because no creative leader and study geeks is on their class. 

 

Meanwhile So Min is on her way on school with her elder brother driving.

 

"Oppa! Make it faster! I'll be late!"

 

"Is it my fault that you over slept? Mom wake you up early, but you slept again." So Min's brother Louie said while laughing.

 

"Fine! My fault. Please drive faster. You're like that because you are a university student and have class in the late morning."

 

"Yes, princess!" Louie said annoying her sister.

 

So Min is the youngest in the family. She grew up playing with his brother and boy cousins. Even though she is a senior high school student, she is always being dropped off either by their parents or her brother, simply because she is the only girl in the family.

 

"Thanks Oppa!" So Min said as she get off the car, she looks at her watch and said that it is just 2 minutes before the bell rings and she runs towards the classroom as if there is no tomorrow.

 

So Min reached the door of their classroom and exactly the bell rang. Mrs. Leizel is on her way to the classroom.

 

"You're lucky!" Hyun Joong praising So Min, but she just look at him and took her seat.

 

The class stood up and greeted Mrs. Leizel with their brightest 'Good Morining!'.

 

"Good Morning! Is everybody here? I'll start off with the attendance." Everyone was called on the attendance.

 

"Let's start with the election of your class president!"

 

The class elected Allain, the smartest in their class as their president. Yao nominated So Min to be the vice-president, instead of being flattered So Min gave Yao a death glare, but Yao just laughed. Unfortunately, So Min was elected via landslide. So Min was disappointed but, she can't do anything because Mrs. Leizel is there, her most respected teacher.

 

"Congrats!" Hyun Joong said with his sweetest smile. Trying his charms on So Min.

 

"Congrats? You should have said 'Condolence'." So Min said ignoring the smile of Hyun Joong.

 

'What's up with this girl? I gave him the killer smile that every girl wants.'

 

'What's with this guy? Smiling sweetly, it gives me goose bumps!'

 

So Min get her stuff out of her bag, Hyun Joong noticed that everything has Spongebob on it, including pen, pen case, paper, books and stuffs.

 

'What's this? A senior having such childish stuffs? She's really different. I am getting interested on her.'

 

"You must really like Mr. Squarepants?"

 

"Yeah. How did you know Spongebob's surname? No one in here showed interest on such cartoons." So Min said surprisingly.

 

"My little brother likes him a lot too."

 

"That's why. What do I expect you're a senior you must just really care about girls and stuff."

 

"Not really. I care about girls, basketball, and animes."

 

'As I expected. He is just another girl magnet.'

 

"Okay. Animes are great. I enjoy watching them. The boys must have been good to you."

 

"Not really. They are bullying me." Hyun Joong said in a pathetic tone.

 

"Yeah right, Liar! If they are to bully you, you must have been in hospital right now." So Min laughed.

 

"How did you know?"

 

"You're playing basketball. They love the game as well as the players."

 

"Basketball is really a big deal here."

 

"Pretty much. I believe a boy who doesn't play the game is a gay."

 

"Really? Why?"

 

"Every boy plays it."

 

"Lucky me, I'm playing it." Hyun Joong said in a low tone.

 

'Crap! What the hell I just said. It is just like saying I'm pretty interested with her. I hope she didn't hear.'

 

'Lucky me?' So Min thought as she smiled.

 

While on the class Hyun Joong accidentally touched So Min's hands. They both felt the electricity between their hands. Hyun Joong said 'Sorry' and So Min just smiled.

 

That is the first time Hyun Joong felt that kind of electricity. He's been into many girls, playing with them and such, but he's never been in any serious relationship. He had many girlfriends, but no one really touched his heart.

 

On the lunch break, some students ate at school benches, some at the student's lounging area, some under the tree, and mostly to the cafeteria especially those who don't bring lunchbox. So Min and her friends did go on the washroom first. So Min just put a powder on her face, while others are busy retouching their make-ups. 

 

Hyun Joong wearing his smile while walking with Yao started to flatter the hearts of the girls. One girl asked for his number, and what do you expect he gave it. Hyun Joong is starting his game 'I smile-You fall-I play-Bye' in this new school. He starts being sweet, asking the girl out, nonstop SMS exchanging and MSN chatting, and when he finds it boring he just ignore the girl and then broke up. He never had a hard time getting a girl.

 

After eating lunch, Hyun Joong started to flirt with girls via SMS exchanging. He got numbers of girls from different schools. He's pretty good in terms of flirting especially on SMS and chatting.

 

So Min bought a lunch and ate it with her friends. After eating, So Min get her laptop and started to watch some techniques on Wushu her favorite martial art.

 

Before the class begins, So Min kept her laptop and her friend Janice talked to her.

 

"So Min ah, let's watch a movie later. The girls are also coming."

 

"I can't. Oppa will fetch me. He promised to treat me later."

 

"Louie Oppa? Can I come?" Janice said excitingly.

 

"How about the movie? You must really like my oppa."

 

"Who doesn't like him?" So Min just nodded. Hyun Joong took his seat already. 

 

"Hyun Joong ah, the girls are going on a movie would you like to join?"  Janice asked flirtishly.

 

"Yah! Janice why are you not inviting us?" Yao said.

 

"We are tired of your face!"

 

"And so we are!" The boys laughed.

 

"I'm sorry, I can't. Maybe some other time." Hyun Joong said with a sweet smile.

 

Janice just nodded, the girls who saw the smile almost melted. The boys just teased Hyun Joong for being so nice with Janice.

 

When the class ended the girls started to gather around a white sports car, while seeing a hot guy leaning on it, with his shades on. The girls are all admiring him, while the boys who could see is admiring the car. Hyun Joong was surprised to see that sight, until So Min waved him a goodbye and so is he.

 

"Oppa! You're pretty early!" A voice said, the girls started to see who is the owner of the voice.

 

"Princess! I'm not like you who is always rushing." The guy said as he ruffled the hair of So Min.

 

"Don't call me princess. I'm not  a weakling."

 

So Min tapped the hands of his brother Louie and the girls were like 'Oh! Lucky her.', Hyun Joong was surprised as he saw So Min getting inside the car. As usual the girls melted as So Min's brother bid his goodbye.

 

"What's with the goodbye, Oppa?" So Min said as she is getting goose bumps.

 

"See? They liked it." Pointing at the girls.

 

"Whatever!"

 

'This is why I don't care about love. My oppa is such a playboy, he doesn't get tired of making girls cry. He treats them just like a toy. What can I blame them, my oppa is such a 'hottie' as they say and the girls are doing the first moves.' So Min thought as his brother is driving.