My Purpose

You, Me and Everything Nice

 

A week has passed. Allain still clings to So Min whenever there is chance. She still keeps on bugging So Min about Hyun Joong and her so-called mutual understanding with Hyun Joong. Since So Min heard that she started to avoid and ignore Hyun Joong.

‘It is better to avoid him, than to ruin his relationship with Allain. They can’t be together probably because of our rumored relationship. But why do my heart aches whenever Allain shares her stories. So Min you just had been closed to Hyun Joong.’ So Min thought.

"Hey are you okay?" Hyun Joong asked So Min.

"Yeah." So Min replied and walked away.

Hyun Joong noticed So Min's lost in herself. He was getting worried of her and the fact that she was avoiding him. Every time he tries to talk to her, she answers coldly.

"Janice do you know what happened to So Min?"

"I don't know. She doesn't talk about it. I'm also getting worried."

"I'm worried. She doesn't want to talk to me either. Did you notice that she avoids me?"

"What have you done to her?"

"I didn't do anything. How can I do something to her, she avoids me to death."

"You're right. I wonder what happened to her. I'll talk to her and let you know." Janice smiled.

"Thanks."

A day had passed again with So Min being quiet again. The seniors had been busy reviewing for the entrance exams, so So Min made it as an excuse whenever Janice and Crissa asks her whats wrong.

"Yah! Big Boy do you know anything about So Min. She’s been quiet and strange this past few days." Yao asked.

"No. I'm also getting worried." Big Boy said worriedly.

"Hey, Hyun Joong what did you do to her?" Yao asked to Hyun Joong.

"I didn't do anything to her. She avoids me to death." Hyun Joong said with frowned face.

"Something must be bothering her." Big Boy assured

"She always says that it is about the exams, but I doubt it. She can pass those exams." Janice interrupted.

"Something is up." Yao said.

"What should we do then?" Hyun Joong said.

"Let's just wait and see. She doesn’t want to talk. I'm sure she can handle it, besides she is So Min." Janice assured.

"Agh. I just can't wait here." Hyun Joong said and walked away.

Hyun Joong was calling So Min, but So Min just stares at her phone. Allain found So Min out in the bench alone thinking deeply.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I'm just pressured about the exams."

"Then why are you here alone?"

"I just want to breathe fresh air. What's the score between you and Hyun Joong." So Min asked with a forced smile.

"Hmm. He is just too sweet to ignore." Allain said with a big smile.

"I'm glad you two are doing well." So Min forced a smile.

"Thank you. I'll go now." Allain walked away smiling.

After class So Min waved her goodbye to Janice and Crissa and then walked fast to go home with Louie.

Louie knew that there is something bothering her sister. Instead of going home Louie drove to an ice cream shop to treat her.

"Thank you oppa."

"Now, can we talk? What is happening to you?"

"I just figured out that you don't need me in the family." She half lied to Louie.

"What are you talking about? Of course we need you."

"I mean, I don't have anything to do. My classmates are all sure what path to take after graduation. Me? I don't know what path to take. I know that I should be glad that you are there to take care of the responsibilities. I just feel worthless."

"Princess, you are really grown up. You want to be worthy of something. Look here, I am studying in the university for the preparation of managing the company. It’s my purpose in life, I know and I can feel it. At first I have no choice but to take up a business course later on I found myself enjoying it. You are our family's precious gem. We love you more than anything in this world. You just feel worthless because you still do not know what you want by now. Time will help you realize what you really want." Louie smiled to her sister.

"Thank you oppa."

"Just eat now. Can I now see your smiling face?" So Min then smiled. "You are too pampered by everyone, that's why you didn't think of your future earlier. Just think of your classmates are not as fortunate as you that's why they have to think of their future earlier. Okay?" So Min nodded.

‘It’s better if Oppa will know this way.’ She thought while watching her brother waving to the girls in the shop.

Louie told their parents about So Min's problem. Mr. and Mrs. Jung didn't know that So Min felt that way. They were kind of sorry of how they treated her like a princess all the time.

After taking a bath that night, So Min went to her parent’s room.

"Mom, Dad after thinking I decided to study abroad."

"Are you sure? When your grandpa knew about this, you can't back out."

"Yeah. I want to try being alone and independent. I'm having all the attention and comfort in here that's why I'm thankful to you but I realized that I need to be alone to find myself."

"If it is what you want." Mr. Jung smiled to her.

"My daughter is growing up now." Mrs. Jung hugged her.

"For now just enjoy your high school life and have fun. You still have many months left." Mr. Jung advised.

"We know that you are still undecided about your major so just think about it after entering in college. Okay?" So Min agreed.

Louie smiled to hear So Min's decision. He was sure that his princess would have a hard time living alone, but he knew that she can do it.

After how many days of being quiet, So Min came back to herself, but she was still avoiding Hyun Joong.

Everybody was happy because they passed the entrance exams to the universities they want. Janice and Crissa would be in the same university.

Hyun Joong passed the exams from the two universities he tried.

So Min passed also the two universities Hyun Joong passed. She also passed the entrance exam of the leading university in Korea. She was congratulated by her friends and teachers.

"Where will study now?" Yao asked.

"I will probably study in America."

"Really? Why?" They exclaimed.

"I just want to." So Min said with a smile.

"Wow." Yao said.

"How about you Hyun Joong?"

"I don't know." Hyun Joong said.

College is the talk of the seniors for the past few days. They were happy to pass the exams and have a bright future ahead of them. Yao and Big Boy are planning to take cooking major, while Janice will be majoring in designs, Crissa will be majoring in dance, and Hyun Joong like Louie will be business major.

So Min was the only one left who do not have any course in mind. She didn't mind it all since her family will surely support her no matter what she would take up.

‘America? Where in America would you go?’ Hyun Joong thought.

“Congratulations.” Allain held her hand out to So Min.

“Thank you. Congratulations also.” She smiled to her.

“Where will you study?” She asked.

“America, but I’m still undecided on my major. How about you?”

“I hope you find one soon. Me? I’ll just study here. We can’t afford to study abroad.” Allain said sarcastically.

“You are intelligent; there are scholarships if you really want to.”

“I know, but it’s better if I can study abroad because we can.”

“Don’t think that way. Where will you use your intelligence? Just apply for a scholarship to study abroad if you really want to.”

“You are just saying that because you are rich. You can have everything you want. In a snap of a finger you can buy a yacht.”

“What are you talking about?! Don’t be like that. My parents and grandpa are the one who are rich. I’m still getting allowance from them.” So Min smiled.

“You’ll still get everything.”

“Agh! Enough of the money talks. We are not even businessman to talk about money all the time.” So Min smiled and left Allain in the hallway.

‘What a brat!’ Allain thought.

--------------------------

TADA! I hope you had fun reading :) Comments are highly appreciated :) Thank you for reading.  Please hold on :) Oh, thank you for subscribers :)